Tyron is looking good

sjmike

Reaction score
Taking Slater over Parsons would have been a yuge mistake. The line is balling out. So glad we took Micah!!

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
LOL they should have been immediately banned for that nonsense.

If folks were banned around here for nonsense we'd much lighter on membership and no comedic ignorant outburst to give us these daily chuckles.

There's always someone wanting to trade this one or that one. After Jaylon now the pseudo GM's want to get rid of Tank and Gallup. SMDH !

Tussinman

Reaction score
Tyron is looking like the Tyron of old. PFF rates him 91.6/2nd. The "old man, bad back" look is gone.

So big for the team to get Tyron back to being Tyron. All Pro LT. All Pro G in Martin. Decent play from 3 others. That's a good oline.

And Tyron is now a *cheap* olineman as well. At least his contract was, though we've raided the Cap Bank of Tyron for over 20mil over the years.

Tyron healthy means those loans don't come immediately due. We don't have to spend a big pick on oline. We get All Pro play. And could be set for a few more years this way.

Yuge.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/tyron-smith/6161
Good chance Tyron not only makes the all-pro team but does so at a less than 8 million dollar cap hit. Absolute steal.
And many wanted him cut......maybe fans aren't experts......
Yep I remember arguing with tons of people last off-season about that (there was even media articles talking about "time to move on" and "time to cut ties".

It was a stupid narrative because he had the surgery in the Fall so if it wasn't successful in the Spring then he would of simply retired. Fans where acting like he was holding the team hostage which was BS. It's funny now to go back and read all the comments ("backs never get better" "Jerry keeps his friends too long" "Bellicheck would of already traded him while he still had value but where going to let him slum away" "will never start a full season ever again" "past his expiration date").

Those same fans trashing him will of course be the first ones to rush in here when he makes pro bowl/nfl top 100/all-pro team and say "he's a HOF player of course he fought through adversity" and "we have the best doctors in the bussiness, of course the surgery worked" :rolleyes:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Tyron is looking like the Tyron of old. PFF rates him 91.6/2nd. The "old man, bad back" look is gone.

So big for the team to get Tyron back to being Tyron. All Pro LT. All Pro G in Martin. Decent play from 3 others. That's a good oline.

And Tyron is now a *cheap* olineman as well. At least his contract was, though we've raided the Cap Bank of Tyron for over 20mil over the years.

Tyron healthy means those loans don't come immediately due. We don't have to spend a big pick on oline. We get All Pro play. And could be set for a few more years this way.

Yuge.

I'm happy for Tyron, happy for myself and especially happy for the team as a whole. He's finally returning back to the former version of himself, much to the delight of the many fans of the Cowboys' offense. Unfortunately, football takes a tough physical toll on its players and sometimes, it lingers on longer than too many of us can stand. Nevertheless, the good news is that many of our wounded warriors will be returning to action in the days ahead.

No doubt, we're all hoping for the continued health of all our players. If it continues, no telling what this team should be able to achieve. I enjoy that idea enough to religiously avoid mentioning the post season glory that might potentially occur. After all is said and done, practical thinking forbids such foolish optimism hereabouts! Some "realists" here wouldn't hear of it. :D

Last edited:

cffl2323

Reaction score
I don't recall cutting him as a want (though it wouldn't surprise me around here), but I do still believe grooming his replacement is an important thing. The season is still young.

I remember several posts lumping him in with Jaylon and Zeke's contracts(some would add Law as well, incorrectly). He was overpaid, too many miles on him, injury prone, etc. Even if he was only playing like a fringe top ten LT, he would not be overpaid. He's the 16th highest paid LT, and luckily he's playing like an elite one.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

Yuge.

imho, picking #Slater would have solved our RT problems, and given us a solution for TS when he retires.

i think 24-36 games is a good window for TS to continue playing.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Yuge.

Great news!

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Maybe not, we are only in week 5 of the season. Tyron's health is good fortune but could spin on a dime at any time now... then won't you look smart doubting his ability to stay healthy. Just saying. ;)
Not really, my thinking was at this point in the season he would be banged up with someething....

Tussinman

Reaction score
Good year for Tyron to be healthy, most of the all-pro team is hurt (Bakirahiti, Ronnie Stanley, and Terron Amstead are all injured).

Trent Williams is the only active elite guy besides Tyron but even then he was carted off the field last week and is currently going to try to play through a shoulder injury.

Cebrin

Reaction score
I remember several posts lumping him in with Jaylon and Zeke's contracts(some would add Law as well, incorrectly). He was overpaid, too many miles on him, injury prone, etc. Even if he was only playing like a fringe top ten LT, he would not be overpaid. He's the 16th highest paid LT, and luckily he's playing like an elite one.
Yeah, not shocking. We are all pretty dumb on here from time to time. (Most of the time if we're being honest)