Tyron, Osa cleared for Giants, Turpin questionable

CCBoy

Reaction score
FRISCO, TX — The injury report on Friday carries a lot of good news for the Dallas Cowboys, but not entirely. First things first, and that's the fact that although Tyron Smith did not participate in the first two practices this week with an illness, he returned to full work on Friday and carries no game designation (i.e., he is a full go for Sunday).

Other positives include Osa Odighizuwa and Markquese Bell, who were limited in practice this week with a hamstring and calf injury, respectively. The former was upgraded to full participation on Friday and while the latter was again limited, he is also fully cleared to play.

That brings us to KaVontae Turpin, who suffered a shoulder/rib injury in the close loss to the Philadelphia Eagles before returning to the field to deliver a touchdown grab for Dak Prescott.

The speedy return ace did not practice at all this week and he's the only player with a game designation this week — listed as questionable — giving him at least a chance to play against the Giants.

It will likely be a gametime decision for Turpin but, if he's unable to play, look for rookie sixth-round pick Deuce Vaughn to potentially take over the duties as returner and, for wide receiver depth, the Cowboys could carry undrafted rookie Jalen Brooks on the 48-man roster.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/tyron-osa-cleared-for-giants-turpin-questionable

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Turpin might be out?

Never fear, Mighty Mouse is here!!!

IMG-20231110-173628.jpg

817Gill

Reaction score
You trust the Cowboys a lot more than I do. I’m not sure enough effort and focus is going to be there for them to win by that many points.
Nah after a loss like that against a rookie UDFA who physically just doesn’t have the skill and ability to move the ball we’re fine. It’s when we are riding high that we let down games. Not after a loss (10-1 after a loss in the McCarthy era).

Not only do we spank this team every time we play them, but they now are starting a QB who won’t be in the league in 2 years.

And before we bring up the Cards, Dobbs and company were actually a competitive team. Devito had trouble getting a single first down.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Turpin doesn't need to play in this game. Give him time to fully heal and Deuce can return kicks.

It's a blowout either way. Danny DeVito is not an NFL caliber quarterback.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Nah after a loss like that against a rookie UDFA who physically just doesn’t have the skill and ability to move the ball we’re fine. It’s when we are riding high that we let down games. Not after a loss (10-1 after a loss in the McCarthy era).

Not only do we spank this team every time we play them, but they now are starting a QB who won’t be in the league in 2 years.

And before we bring up the Cards, Dobbs and company were actually a competitive team. Devito had trouble getting a single first down.
I agree with some of what you’re saying, but it could be really difficult for the Cowboys to get up for a team they destroyed in the opener, especially after the disappointment to Philly last week. It could lead to a flat performance. If the Cowboys feel like all they have to do is show up to the stadium to win this game, they could be in for a struggle. The fact the Giants are stuck with an UDFA at QB could provide even more of a reason not to take NY seriously and just to sleepwalk through the game. That’s when bad things can happen. I hate these type of games because if the Cowboys win big everyone expected it but if they win ugly or lose many will write them off.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
It's the Giants. We could put Zack Martin back there to catch punts and
still win by 30.
Wow, as much as I agree that we should win, I hope and pray no cowboys player or coach has that attitude.

Saying that, watching Zack on punt return duty would be fun.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Turpin doesn't need to play in this game. Give him time to fully heal and Deuce can return kicks.

It's a blowout either way. Danny DeVito is not an NFL caliber quarterback.
What about Rico, or Luepke? Seems like they could do it. But, what the heck do I know.

blueblood70

Reaction score
FRISCO, TX — The injury report on Friday carries a lot of good news for the Dallas Cowboys, but not entirely. First things first, and that's the fact that although Tyron Smith did not participate in the first two practices this week with an illness, he returned to full work on Friday and carries no game designation (i.e., he is a full go for Sunday).

Other positives include Osa Odighizuwa and Markquese Bell, who were limited in practice this week with a hamstring and calf injury, respectively. The former was upgraded to full participation on Friday and while the latter was again limited, he is also fully cleared to play.

That brings us to KaVontae Turpin, who suffered a shoulder/rib injury in the close loss to the Philadelphia Eagles before returning to the field to deliver a touchdown grab for Dak Prescott.

The speedy return ace did not practice at all this week and he's the only player with a game designation this week — listed as questionable — giving him at least a chance to play against the Giants.

It will likely be a gametime decision for Turpin but, if he's unable to play, look for rookie sixth-round pick Deuce Vaughn to potentially take over the duties as returner and, for wide receiver depth, the Cowboys could carry undrafted rookie Jalen Brooks on the 48-man roster.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/tyron-osa-cleared-for-giants-turpin-questionable
Deuce Vaughn to potentially take over the duties as returner and for wide receiver depth... fixed it, im excited to see DV, he can do what KT can do O and ST IMHO he could possibly be just as effective..

RoboQB

Reaction score
Wow, as much as I agree that we should win, I hope and pray no cowboys player or coach has that attitude.

Saying that, watching Zack on punt return duty would be fun.
There was a time in Dallas when a HC guaranteed victory in an NFC Championship Game and told the papers to put it in 3 inch headlines.

Now, fans are worried about a Giants team that took 9 games to reach 101
points total. My goodness.

Personally, I miss the "attitude" that came with that group in the 90s.
They would say they're gonna beat you, then tell you during the game how
badly they're beating you and after the game, they shout "who's next".

Side note: Zack Martin caught punts in practice as a gag during camp.
That was my reference. Just a fun way to say "we will win the ballgame."

blueblood70

Reaction score
If Turpin is out, that’s worrisome. A few dropped punts changes the game
IM not

first off KT was just as shaky at times last year with his bobbles and fumbles. Also taking out every dang KO!! I believe DV can fill in admirably in all of KTS duty's, O and ST.. also, Rico a more then capable KO returner. rather have healthy player and allow KT to heal more. Long stretch of short weeks for the boys and bigger games. keep him out this week..