Video: Tyron Smith: Every head-to-head pass pro clip vs OV; may have been best game in pass pro

RS12

Reaction score
Amazing he has his best game ever with herniated disk and another OL on the team cant even practice with one.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
They should just show the play of him running over Eli Apple over and over.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So maybe Olivier Vernon is ALSO one the game's best linemen. Please point to history's lone perfect left tackle. <tick-tick-tick...>

Tyron Smith played about as good a game as any team could hope to get out of one the most demanding positions in all of sports.
The Title said he has his best game ever, but he didn't have his best game run blocking. I'm not criticizing Tyron, just the bold statement by some Twitter-er.

It's somewhat surprising to me that Vernon is so good at run defense considering that he is 6-2, 275.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Larry Allen. But Tyron I believe is a future HOF at this rate
For a couple of years Erik Williams was the most dominant OL in the league and if they gave awards to OLinemen, probably should have been the Cowboys MVP in one of those first 2 Super Bowl seasons. He is the only OLineman that I've even seen basically take over a game. There was a game against the Niners at one point where EW was basically blocking 2 to 3 defender per play. He would flatten the DE than go after LBs and often knock one LB into the other like bowling pins. IIRC they went the the length of the field on one drive without even passing the ball. I think it was the same game where EW hit one of their DL so hard that he ended up with a broken leg.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
The Title said he has his best game ever, but he didn't have his best game run blocking. I'm not criticizing Tyron, just the bold statement by some Twitter-er.

It's somewhat surprising to me that Vernon is so good at run defense considering that he is 6-2, 275.

Vernon is just one of those non-stop motor guys where his physical dimensions belie his ability. He was just dominating against Dallas last season when he was with Miami. The dude is a freak of nature. Much respect.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score

Yeah, I remember Vernon flexing one play after shedding Tyron and tackling Zeke for a gain of 2. Biggest eyeroll from me you'll ever see.

You know a player is really ridiculously good when it's weird to see him not dominate. When Vernon shed Tyron so easily, it just looked odd. I didn't feel right.

datmayne

Reaction score
And this is why you can't take profootballfocus as gospel. Had him rated at 71.2 on the game . Heard vernons name once or twice all game. Impressive performance by Tyron after watching him last year at Miami.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Impressive. Vernon gave him trouble the two previous games