Twitter: Tyron Smith impressive blocking

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Not trying to take anything away from "Tyrone" but if you wanna get down with some road grading Zack & Terrence are just plowing folks.
Zack is looking like the dominator he was his first few seasons.
Don't look now but if TS gets his hands on you it is over in the run game. Couple of his guys were blocked so bad they missed the team bus.

conner01

Reaction score
Not trying to take anything away from "Tyrone" but if you wanna get down with some road grading Zack & Terrence are just plowing folks.
Zack is looking like the dominator he was his first few seasons.
Don't look now but if TS gets his hands on you it is over in the run game. Couple of his guys were blocked so bad they missed the team bus.
One day Martin and smith can swap gold jackets with each other because they both will have one

Maxmadden

Reaction score
One day Martin and smith can swap gold jackets with each other because they both will have one
Yeah we have always taken Smith for granted because you never heard his name cause he always the best at his job. People started scrutinizing him when he started having injury problems but even then he was still a top tier tackle.

I don't really know what to say about Martin this year he is literally a monster.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
By the time his career is over he may be the Cowboys best lineman ever after Larry Allen
I can't go there...because Erik Williams gave the OL and the team an attitude. He was nasty, filthy, angry, violent, mean AND vocal

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
By the time his career is over he may be the Cowboys best lineman ever after Larry Allen
I believe you are correct.

Larry Allen is one of my top 5 Cowboys of all time, but wow, Smith is so special. If he stays healthy he will be talked about in the same sentence as Allen.

And back to that play, what a textbook blocking display by everyone in the play. He even he was out of the play Smith hustled to the 2nd level and got a block. And Steele and Martin almost ran their guys into to end zone, total domination. I watched that play at least 10 times to admire how everyone did their jobs perfectly on that play. That was special.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Smith is a super hero in disguise. He is only using 10% of his strength to keep it as fair as he can.

Plankton

Reaction score
Where the Cowboys have been fortunate with Smith in terms of injuries is that he has kept his legs healthy. The reach block that he executed in the clip is one that not a lot of LTs can make as fluidly as he did. Smith is a freakish athlete still in his 10th year in the league. He does not get enough praise for how gifted he really is.

conner01

Reaction score
Yeah we have always taken Smith for granted because you never heard his name cause he always the best at his job. People started scrutinizing him when he started having injury problems but even then he was still a top tier tackle.

I don't really know what to say about Martin this year he is literally a monster.
Martin has been great since day one but he seems to have even got greater this year lol
I don’t know if it’s oline coach, HC or just a guy really extra motivated after an injury
But something is different with Martin and this team this year

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
he get flack for lack of his one on one blocking.. :)
He reminds me a bit of Novacek - they do just enough to "get in the way" as to not be a terrible blocker - not gonna pancake anyone mind you, but not as terrible as some would make him out to be.

pitt33

Reaction score
Let me just say again… Philbin is a fantastic OL coach. I haven’t seen the OL playing like this since Bill Callahan was the OL coach in 2014.

Frankly, I expected the OL to always fall short of that 2014 Callahan line. This one isn’t. It is at least as good as that 2014 OL… maybe better.

They will take Dallas deep into the playoffs if the defense holds up its end of the bargain (it is).
Great post my man

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
How Smith made that play was his get off. His footspeed was greater thatn the defender's and he got to the seal off point before the guy could fill the gap.

From that point it's all amazing athletic ability to flip your hips and get into a seal off block position.

It's been nothing but peaceful assurance to see Tyron out at left tackle and healthy. Lets all cross our fingers.