Twitter: Tyron Smith Top 100 NFL List

Tussinman

Reaction score
Tyron has missed 33 games in 11 seasons, 14 of those were in 2020. Terron Armstead has missed 48 games in 9 seasons. He signed an 87m contract, 43m guaranteed this off season. For reference, counting the 5 game suspension Lael Collins has missed 39 games in 7 seasons. Our fan base is a bunch of morons!
Agreed. They act like cowboys are the only team that has injuries. To add to what you wrote the year Tyron missed 14 games (2020) 2 left tackles signed blockbuster money deals

Guess what happened to those 2 tackles that signed blockbuster deals ? Ronnie Stanley has played significant snaps in 1 out of the last 27 games (he got hurt literally days after signing his contract) and David Bakhtiari (the other blockbuster deal) gets injured a month after signing his deal and has missed 21 straight games........

I love the last few years the whining of "oh he's only good for 13 games". Pretty ironic considering the current best left tackle in the entire NFL (Trent Williams) has literally started 13 games or less in 6 different seasons........

Like you said, bunch of morons

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Tyron has missed 33 games in 11 seasons, 14 of those were in 2020. Terron Armstead has missed 48 games in 9 seasons. He signed an 87m contract, 43m guaranteed this off season. For reference, counting the 5 game suspension Lael Collins has missed 39 games in 7 seasons. Our fan base is a bunch of morons!

It certainly seems that way at times.

RS12

Reaction score
I believe how Tyron Smith season goes will have a whole lot to do with how the Cowboys season goes. I also believe he will get into the HOF though not the absolute lock Zack is.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
For tackle if you have at least 2 out of the following 3 attributes then it would cover 95% of the tackles enshrined in the last 40 years
- At least 7x pro bowl
- All decade team selection
- At least 3x first team all-pro.

2 out of 3 of those and your pretty much a lock. Interior o-line is judged harsher (it's arguably tied for safety as hardest position to get in) so having at least 4 or 5 first team selections and/or at least 8+ pro bowls is pretty important ontop of the all decade selection
100% lock. Runningback is the one position that you have to over-rated longevity since it doesn't really exist. You can't really pad stats at a position that is literally impossible to pad stats (teams run you into the ground for 3 seasons and then spit you out).

Him getting the all-decade team 2 years ago helped tremendiously because up until then all he had was 5x pro bowl and a single 2nd team all-pro selection. The longest any of the top 10 all time rushers had to wait to get in was 3 years of being eligible so he should fall into that range (get in within 3 or 4 years)
I appreciate the discussion. I am smarter for it. Far be it from me to re-write the rules, but it interesting that the eye-test does not factor in. And with Frank Gore, he does not pass the eye-test for me. But I respect the physical punishment that position takes, and I respect how long he endured that punishment and the productivity he accumulated during the process.

I appreciate the contributions of Tyron Smith and Zach Martin and Jason Witten. They are/were great Cowboys. Maybe my frustration with our lack of success over the last 27+ years has just soured me on the organization and I need to take a step back and recognize that these men deserve their flowers. Like I have always said....I don't expect to win or contend for the Super Bowl every year...but the league is designed for you to at least get lucky. And when a 2nd year head coach and a 2nd year QB like they have in Cincy...make the big dance in there 2nd year...it just validates my position that we cannot even get LUCKY these days.

exciter

Reaction score
Agreed. They act like cowboys are the only team that has injuries. To add to what you wrote the year Tyron missed 14 games (2020) 2 left tackles signed blockbuster money deals

Guess what happened to those 2 tackles that signed blockbuster deals ? Ronnie Stanley has played significant snaps in 1 out of the last 27 games (he got hurt literally days after signing his contract) and David Bakhtiari (the other blockbuster deal) gets injured a month after signing his deal and has missed 21 straight games........

I love the last few years the whining of "oh he's only good for 13 games". Pretty ironic considering the current best left tackle in the entire NFL (Trent Williams) has literally started 13 games or less in 6 different seasons........

Like you said, bunch of morons
Yup! Every coaching staff and fan base in the league would be thrilled to have a left tackle they can put out there on an island for “only” 13 games lol!

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I feel the same way about Tyron Smith. Great Great player for a decent window. Then kind of getting by on reputation after that. If he gets in, it will be after a couple of tries. I think Zach Martin gets in,

I'm with you. If Tyron & Zach had strung together a little longer stretch of dominant play, I'd say they were HOF material. As it is, I don't think their careers are quite to that level.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Yup! Every coaching staff and fan base in the league would be thrilled to have a left tackle they can put out there on an island for “only” 13 games lol!

but he isn't dominating the 13 games he plays. he gets beat and commits penalties. so, it's not like he's out there playing flawless football every time he takes the field. still a quality player for sure .... but not the same guy he once was.

starfan1

Reaction score
but he isn't dominating the 13 games he plays. he gets beat and commits penalties. so, it's not like he's out there playing flawless football every time he takes the field. still a quality player for sure .... but not the same guy he once was.
SHHH! hes a cowboy and will be in hall of fame. Us fans must worship his accomplishments and regardless of his performance presently (which isnt chopped liver) but nowhere near what it was we must remember his past accomplishments and because he has a reasonable contract we shouldnt say anything.

open season on dak and Zeke though because their overpaid.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Dude is a shell of his former self due to injuries. His body let him down. He’ll miss 4-6 games at least this season and be very limited in the games he does play. Not top 100 anymore but I’d say he’s NFL all decade for 2010-2020.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

We need him to be healthy this year.

Can't miss more than 3 games.

Why do you feel the need to make 7 different thread instead of just 1 for who makes the top 100?

Cant you just list the guys that made it and what number they were?