Video: Tyron Smith vs. Nick Bosa

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
As good as Bosa is, big, long-armed tackles with excellent balance can handle him if they can stay on his body--which is not easy because of his quickness. Tyron did a very good job on Bosa, all things considered, like playing out of position. Other than a few plays, he did his job well. Tyron is still a top tackle in this league when healthy. I don't understand some of the hate being tossed his way. It's no embarrassment to be beaten by someone as good as Bosa on a few plays over the course of the game. The only lineman I ever saw totally neutralize and body Bosa all game is Lane Johnson.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
That is how I remember it going. Tyron & Tyler both struggling early but pretty much winning from that point out.

I think Tyron is well suited to be the swing tackle at this point in his career.

Creeper

Reaction score
Tyron vs Bosa was not the problem with the OL in that game. The 49ers were playing a lot of games up front that gave the Cowboys some problems. The bigger problem was the WRs not getting any separation.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Who won the matchup? Bosa had two pressures, one tackle and no sacks.

He pressured early but later Tyron totally shuts him down in the second half of the tape.

your attempt to make a case for Tyron was a big fat fail. Bosa dominated Tyron. did Bosa win all the battles? no, Tyron one about 3 or 4 on what was on the video above, but most plays, in the early part of your video Tyron was on the back of his feet, in a weak position and got pushed and the QB was rushed to make throws. several plays they gave Tyron help and double teamed Bosa including a couple of them with Martin helping out, because he couldn't do it alone. SF ran a few stunts on Tyron side, where Bosa's job was to lead Tyron to the inside allowing a blitzer to go right behind him and create pressure.

you actually proved tyron was absolutely horrible in this game.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Smith is a physical specimen. A true talent. Guy can’t stay healthy though and that is a huge problem.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe they flipped Bosa to the other side when he was not having any success against Tyron. Dallas OL still could not dominate the SF DL overall.

For 2023, Dallas retains the same OL, pretty much depending LG. Could say they improved with Tyron back. If all stay healthy, but that goes without saying, for all teams.
Dallas also improved their DL.

SF lost 9 players in FA, most on defense, gained Hargraves though. They lost their best OL.

Dallas gained in the trenches on this one. But play the game to see as we know.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I watched the video. Bosa collapsed the pocket on nearly every snap. The 2 times he didn’t it looks like he tripped and Martin came over to help. Bosa was a step away from ruining a bunch of plays and had Smith on this heels.

As an aside this video reminded me about the Zeke play where he let a TD bounce off his face mask. I am so happy he is gone. Guy sucked.

Have a nice day.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
A prime Bosa vs Tyron on the downhill side of his career playing out of position. I don't think it is a surprise that Bosa won his share. But Tyron won his share as well. Getting him back at LT and moving Tyler to LG has the potential to take this OL to the next level. Of course, the biggest question is the health of Tyron. If, and that's a big if, he can stay healthy this OL can be a force.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Lol at the homers clinging to the notion that Bosa completely wrecked that game. Of course he affected the game on a few plays. He’s the best defensive lineman in the game currently. I want to see the games where the tackle opposite gives zero ground on 90 plus percent of the plays vs Bosa where Bosa is healthy.

97 percent of the blame for lack of passing success goes to Dak-who looked panicked even with time. There was half yard separation for many wide receivers or running backs for much of the game. Better be able to still execute those if you are going to win in the playoffs versus great defenses. If we had Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, Justin Jefferson…lol

Brooksey

Reaction score
I watched the video. Bosa collapsed the pocket on nearly every snap. The 2 times he didn’t it looks like he tripped and Martin came over to help. Bosa was a step away from ruining a bunch of plays and had Smith on this heels.

As an aside this video reminded me about the Zeke play where he let a TD bounce off his face mask. I am so happy he is gone. Guy sucked.

Have a nice day.
There was two pressures at 1:00 and 1:45

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Who won the matchup? Bosa had two pressures, one tackle and no sacks.

He pressured early but later Tyron totally shuts him down in the second half of the tape.

If both are injury free and straight up healthy, my money is on Smith!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's the other way around unless you're dating Dak and need an excuse for his play at the 3:00 mark...but you wouldn't do that, you're a Romo guy right?
I know what I saw. Bosa was pushing Tyron all over the place, collapsing the pocket and even into Dak. Control your Dak hate. Dak did not play well half the time.