Twitter: Tyrone Crawford on Trysten Hill

Section446

Reaction score
Seems like he's just reading what was said about him pre-draft: lots of talent, just needs to grow up.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I dont care about validation from a jag player
I guess that would depend on the effort and determination of the jag player. Is he an underachiever or an overachiever.

If he is an overachiever then that is very good information!

blueblood70

Reaction score
all talk lets see on the filed results, this is the downside of no live full speed preseason games.. we wont know how Hill/Neville , Diggs etc play until they are helmet to helmet with players who may want it more then them..

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I wish I could believe this, but it is a friend with a very bias view of him telling us that. We will see, if he had like 5-6 sacks this year I would be in awe with how far he has come from.
:huh::huh: as a rookie?????? I mean M Collins had 5 sacks his rookie year, where's he now? I guess I'm saying sacks don't always tell the whole pic.

Creeper

Reaction score
Hill had only a few plays last year but he was not terrible when he played. It sounds like the problem is effort, not on the field in games but when he is not on the field. Some guys don;t like to practice, work out, study film, etc. They get washed out because they don't give the effort they have to to prepare for games. Maybe that is the problem with Hill. Maybe a little maturity will cure him of the problem.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I wish I could believe this, but it is a friend with a very bias view of him telling us that. We will see, if he had like 5-6 sacks this year I would be in awe with how far he has come from.
There was only 14 or 15 DTs who had 5 or more sacks last year. I mean I guess you're saying you'd be in awe, but that's just an unrealistic expectation in general. Fans overall really don't have fair expectations for DT sack numbers and, on the fip side, wildly over-value the high numbers (i.e. Jordan Phillips). Hill is a great pick if he ends up being a guy who gets you 3.5 a year.

Fontaine

Reaction score
Let’s all keep in mind it took tank until year 4 to resemble the tank we know today. There were a lot of folks around here that wanted him gone as well. Hill is young, he’s got talent, let’s give him a bit of time before we throw him to the curb.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope Hill does take advantage of his opportunities because I dont want label him as another wasted pick. On another note it sounds like Crawford is a bit of a mentor to the young guys which can help this team.

This is where PS games would have been huge for him. However having played in games last year, he knows what to expect this year. That will help.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dont care about validation from a jag player
Bill Belichick was less than JAG as a player ...

The ability to learn things about another player isn't somehow limited to star players. In fact, sometimes those that aren't stars see and learn more because they have had to pay attention to details to get by as a player. That's a big reason why a lot of great coaches were not high quality players.

nobody

Reaction score

The ability to learn things about another player isn't somehow limited to star players. In fact, sometimes those that aren't stars see and learn more because they have had to pay attention to details to get by as a player. That's a big reason why a lot of great coaches were not high quality players.

That's a good point.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

Let's talk when ty craw becomes a great talent evaluator after we cut him.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's talk when ty craw becomes a great talent evaluator after we cut him.
That doesn't even make sense. You didn't indicate he shouldn't be listened to because only a proven "great talent evaluator" should be listened to, you indicated he shouldn't be listened to because he isn't a great player. Clearly history proves that it doesn't take a great player to learn about other players, and your response doesn't dispute that.

Ultimately, why in the world would someone put a negative twist on a player saying something positive about a teammate?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Seems like he's just reading what was said about him pre-draft: lots of talent, just needs to grow up.

Pro football players can get spoiled by the hype that follows them. If they buy into it, they'll tend to lose their edge. Maybe he's adjusted.