Tyrone Crawford

sjmike

Reaction score
I hate to beat a dead horse but $8 million Tyrone Crawford has 3 tackles in 2 games. As many people espoused before the first game, cut Crawford and sign ET withe the money. Think about how much better our D would be right now with that one swap.

817Gill

Reaction score
Crawford's money for 2020 is locked in, regardless of whether he's cut or not. He can take his 2020 salary as termination pay if he's released, so it's now a sunk cost.
Hopefully, this stops the Tyrone Crawford threads. One of the most discussed but least changed opinions on this forum. Dudes done after this season, just let him ride off into the subset and let’s not care anymore lol

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate to beat a dead horse but $8 million Tyrone Crawford has 3 tackles in 2 games. As many people espoused before the first game, cut Crawford and sign ET withe the money. Think about how much better our D would be right now with that one swap.
Welcome to spring 2020.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dumping Crawford for ET was not going to to happen. I wanted Crawford gone, but with the injuries we have, since he can play all the DL positions, it may be good he is around.
Not that he is great, but he does all the dirty work for the other players to do what they need to do. It does not look like any one is doing anything though.

Crawford is one of those necessary evils you need to put up with for this year. He will make a few plays, just his pay does not warrant his production, but that is the way it is. I come to accept that, knowing this will be, or should be his last year.

I think they want to see a few more games of S play before they consider ET.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
not so sure....there is something to this ET thing and stories will eventually come out. no one is touching the guy with a ten foot pole....

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
200.gif

fivetwos

Reaction score
Jerry probably considering extension before he hits the open market.

Loves the idea of being able to play multiple positions poorly.

Absolutely unreal.

Now that I think about it, who really thinks they were cutting this guy even if McCoy didnt go down?

I dont.

This guy is the poster boy for exactly how unqualified these two clowns are to run an NFL team.

quickccc

Reaction score
Hopefully, this stops the Tyrone Crawford threads. One of the most discussed but least changed opinions on this forum. Dudes done after this season, just let him ride off into the subset and let’s not care anymore lol

But in the meantime, So long as Crawford is logging that many snaps and reps in the interior, he is really hurting this defense.
but maybe Crawford apologists may think he just needs time to work off rust per hip surgery while he gets knocked all around the field in the meantime.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Crawford's money for 2020 is locked in, regardless of whether he's cut or not. He can take his 2020 salary as termination pay if he's released, so it's now a sunk cost.
I have to ask can you show me where this is stated? I am under the belief that his 8 million is base salary. Cut his *** and we save the cash. I have looked but was unable to find anythign that would back up your statement.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Well, for a $9.9M cap hot and %65M guaranteed DeMarcus Lawrence 2020 stats:

6 Tackles 1 PDef

So between Crawford and Lawrence you have $19 MILLION (Crawford $9.1M and Lawrence $9.9M) the Dallas Cowboys have 9 Tackles and 1 PDef.......hell of an investment.