TYS: Running game

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by Rockport, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Idgit

Idgit Riding the Red Rocket Staff Member

56,254 Messages
    55,818 Likes Received
    You know what? Today is a good will day. I'm not going to go down this road again. My posts on the topic are there for anybody to read if you (or they) think my argument has changed a bit after the impressive win last night, feel free to dig them up if you really care too. From where I'm sitting, as I said earlier, nothing has changed. I think you continue to misunderstand the argument that was made, all along, but it's not important enough to disagree about all that much on a day where I'd rather just enjoy beating a talented Saints team.

2. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

14,406 Messages
    12,162 Likes Received
    Again, I didn't misunderstand anything. So you still believe it's a passing league then?

3. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

48,961 Messages
    16,208 Likes Received
    To me, the difference between the week 1 loss and the other games are the turnovers. When it's all on Romo, we don't play well. When he is not the main focal point of the offense, we do very well. Linehan gets a lot of credit here IMO. He's the one that's drawing up the game plans and he's the one who has made a change in the offense that seems to indicate a commitment to the run game. In past years, you would see the Offense abandon it (you can say it was Romo or you can say it was Garrett, doesn't matter). Now, based on the early performances, we are no longer doing this.

It's paying off in the early going.

4. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

13,803 Messages
    13,305 Likes Received
    I know that, but nobody denies the important s of the run and it is a passing league.
    We got so far away from the run because we weren't very good at it.
    The great failure was we couln't run it in the red zone,that killed us
    But if you want to feel good about always pointing out the lak of running ,OK your right.

5. NextGenBoys

NextGenBoys Well-Known Member

9,245 Messages
    1,934 Likes Received
    By our lack of short yardage running success

6. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

12,651 Messages
    4,974 Likes Received
    Gibbs ran an offense based on Air Coryell, just like Norv did with the Cowboys. Curious why you liken our current offense to Gibbs instead of Norv and Zampese. All three stressed the run as well as a vertical passing attack.

7. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

18,051 Messages
    12,409 Likes Received
    I don't think Zampese or Norv stressed the extra blockers on pass patterns like Gibbs did. It's one of the things that Pat had mentioned in our conversation in that you can either 'go the Joe Gibbs route' and add extra blockers or you can 'do what they are doing today and using extra receivers.'

YR

8. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

48,961 Messages
    16,208 Likes Received
    Based on what data?