Tyson Thompson will be the best player of all our backs

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
I am calling this out right now, he will be the best player of all our backs. I see so much improvement this year as a opposed to last. the kid hasn't been playing all that long, came out of a power house in san jose state :rolleyes:,and yet still he has improved his game 100 percent. He needs work on blocking but the guy has added some jukes and moves to his running, his hands no longer look like stone, and his speed and quickness are hard to not notice. Mark it down, this kid is going to be a big time player.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
stealth said:
I am calling this out right now, he will be the best player of all our backs. I see so much improvement this year as a opposed to last. the kid hasn't been playing all that long, came out of a power house in san jose state :rolleyes:,and yet still he has improved his game 100 percent. He needs work on blocking but the guy has added some jukes and moves to his running, his hands no longer look like stone, and his speed and quickness are hard to not notice. Mark it down, this kid is going to be a big time player.

I think he will get some limited carries this year but I think his biggest impact this season may be on kickoff returns. He looked very good last night in that role. I also agree that he has shown improvement this training camp from last season

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
He shows some power too as well as speed. I like him a lot.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
He ran with power and speed last night, albeit not against the first-teamers, but at least he has shown a great deal of improvement...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right. Pair him with Romo and either Hurd or Rector, and we have our new UDFA triplets.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Oh great! His death knell just sounded:D Everytime the posters on this board get hot and bothered about how GREAT a player looks they suddenly start sucking or getting injured. I sure hope Polite is ready to become 3rd running back. :laugh2:

aikemirv

Reaction score
Idgit said:
Right. Pair him with Romo and either Hurd or Rector, and we have our new UDFA triplets.

Wouldn't that be something though, If Romo, Hurd , Rector and Thompson were starting for us one day in the near future.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
aikemirv said:
Wouldn't that be something though, If Romo, Hurd , Rector and Thompson were starting for us one day in the near future.

Agree, and BP's legend will grow even more if thats the case. Especially if they go to couple of pro-bowls.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
lol i have never been sold on julius and though I like mb3 i just have a gt feeling thompson will be the man in the next three years. not something I just decided either so perhaps the death knell is decade or so away.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Tyson Thompson gets to the hole faster than our other 2 RB's. Against good run D's I would have to give him some reps. He would have only had to gain 1 yard in the first half to be better than JJ and MBIII.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
The best players on the Cowboys:

Romo
Thompson
Rector
Burnett
Al Johnson
Proctor

Basically anyone not starting.:eek::

Ken

Reaction score
stealth said:
The thought has crossed my mind too.

He is a very nice player and there is a reason why Parcells is trying to get a role for him this year.

His kickoff returning is also very good. Marked improvement over green...

conner01

Reaction score
tyson has good run ability but till he learns who and how to block you won't see him alot. he is and was last year a good k.o. return guy and he is a solid runner but there is so much more than just running the ball in todays nfl. he does seem to have good hands, now if he can learn to block he will be something

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
aikemirv said:

I can see Romo, and I can also see TT. For some reason, TT makes alot of mistakes when he doesn't have the football. Honestly, I think the kid might not be the sharpest pencil in the box.

As for Rector and Hurd, I can see them both in the 3rd WR role, but I don't see either of them having starting ability at this point.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Deep_Freeze said:
I can see Romo, and I can also see TT. For some reason, TT makes alot of mistakes when he doesn't have the football. Honestly, I think the kid might not be the sharpest pencil in the box.

As for Rector and Hurd, I can see them both in the 3rd WR role, but I don't see either of them having starting ability at this point.

With our current team makeup I really don't see TT as the one who would do it but think more likely Romo, Hurd, and Rector. Not that Rector or Hurd would be true number 1's but that they would make a nice combo of small and quick and Big, possession, great route runing guy in Hurd.

I think they could work.

I just don't think TT ever beats out JJ or Barber. But with TG and TO's age they won't be with use but for so many years.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
aikemirv said:
With our current team makeup I really don't see TT as the one who would do it but think more likely Romo, Hurd, and Rector. Not that Rector or Hurd would be true number 1's but that they would make a nice combo of small and quick and Big, possession, great route runing guy in Hurd.

I think they could work.

I just don't think TT ever beats out JJ or Barber. But with TG and TO's age they won't be with use but for so many years.

Thats if we keep both JJ and Barber. IMO, both have been pretty mediocre, and I would trade either of them in a heartbeat. BP gave Romo a chance to prove himself, if TT could actually learn to block (just get the feeling he isn't the sharpest pencil in the box), I see no reason for him to not give TT a chance to earn the spot next preseason like Romo did this preseason. Especially if JJ and Barber have another mediocre season.

Rector and Hurd have shown they belong in this league, but in my mind, the jury is still out as to whether either one of them could actually start for a quality team. Put it like this, if those two are our starters, I'm sure they could do it and be mediocre like our RBs, but I don't think at that point we would be a very good team. I mean, I just can't see both of them starting for a Super Bowl caliber team.