UDFA ILB/MLB Francis Bernard can replace Jaylon Smith

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The downfall of having a good draft is you have guys who overrate even the undrafted rookie free agents. Damn.......Jaylon made a Pro Bowl last year and now he will be replaced. And yeah I know "pro bowl" means nothing. But its a far cry from being a undrafted rookie.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
Ugh. That USC game is brutal for him. I see zero plus plays at all and he got completely trucked at 7:33. On pass plays, his "go to" move seems to be standing around in the middle of the field and watching the football fly around.

Silly

Reaction score
I believe this guy can replace Jaylon Smith by end of the season. Unlike Jaylon he is a true ILB that can stop the run and cover in space.
]

I don't know about benching SMith yet. Let us see the new D scheme and the new interior DLinemen. Smith might have his best season yet as a cowboy.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Are fans so crazed for news they start threads that make absolutely no sense. Bernard taking Smith spot is just nuts. Maybe Smith becomes McCarthy Sam/DR but then Vander Ech becomes the Mike LB.

quickccc

Reaction score
I believe this guy can replace Jaylon Smith by end of the season. Unlike Jaylon he is a true ILB that can stop the run and cover in space.

we'll have to see if he can be a discovered gem - it's a reason why he was undrafted.
What looked terrific at the college level, may become more exposure and overwhelming at the
NFL level.

Maybe he will be a Luke Gifford type. Nice feel for the game that allows him to play faster than what he measurements show.

and even with Gifford he wasn't healthy enough to see what he is made up going against the regular starters in meaningful games.

:rolleyes:

conner01

Reaction score
Some people must spend there time sheltered in place drinking lots of booze