Ugh, just figured out why Crayton is talking stupid

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
With Crayton's contract coming up, I'm pretty sure all this nonsense he's been speaking has been meant to get him on tv screens and onto the radars f other teams. How many times have you seen Crayton on tv or on the radio and all of a sudden in one day he's on like 2 different shows and the radio?

I think he's trying to make sure that if we don't pay him, the other teams know he's out there. And if that's the case, then I think there's a chance he knows what he's going to ask for may be more than we are willing to spend on his services.

jchocolate82

Reaction score
You gotta put up the numbers to try to hit a deal out the park. Him and his agent know that his value cant command a huge contract. I dont blame him for the pub you have to market yourself somehow and this is a good way. This is a business also and he has to take care of him. Is he doin a lot of talking lately yes and mainly in regards to one particular team that many other players in the league have come out to blast. Its not hurting the team and if its whats motivating him let the man speak his mind.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
TheCount;1737615 said:
With Crayton's contract coming up, I'm pretty sure all this nonsense he's been speaking has been meant to get him on tv screens and onto the radars f other teams. How many times have you seen Crayton on tv or on the radio and all of a sudden in one day he's on like 2 different shows and the radio?

I think he's trying to make sure that if we don't pay him, the other teams know he's out there. And if that's the case, then I think there's a chance he knows what he's going to ask for may be more than we are willing to spend on his services.

No..... him being on NFL Live and ESPN Radio is doing nothing to increase his chances of getting a bigger contract, trust me.

He won't go unnoticed in free agency, other teams were already aware of him.. (not that he's a big deal or anything, but he's not some no name from NW Oklahoma St. anymore)

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
He is doing it at the expense of THIS season. I do not care about him being a free agent...and if the Cowboys cared they would have never let him get to this point...but someone in the organization should let the young man know that is long as you are a paid member of this organization, he should stick to playing football and let the PR people do the talking for the Dallas Cowboys. Again, as I stated in another thread, it is time to stop talking about Parcells, it is time to stop talking about the Pats, it is time to stop talking about the new relaxed atmoshphere...I for one am glad Parcells is gone, but I know he would put an end to this in light of what is on the horizon. We have 3 straight division games...2 of which are on the road...and make no mistake the NFC East is the best division in football and will send three teams to the playoffs. We have a ton of games between now and thanksgiving. No one knows who we are or where we are headed until after Thanksgiving...and this moron is taking an Award Tour like this is the week off before the Super Bowl. I hope this desperate attempt for attention means Terry Glenn is close to returning and Crayton will go back where he belongs...as a #3.

sacase

Reaction score
bbailey423;1737641 said:
He is doing it at the expense of THIS season. I do not care about him being a free agent...and if the Cowboys cared they would have never let him get to this point...but someone in the organization should let the young man know that is long as you are a paid member of this organization, he should stick to playing football and let the PR people do the talking for the Dallas Cowboys. Again, as I stated in another thread, it is time to stop talking about Parcells, it is time to stop talking about the Pats, it is time to stop talking about the new relaxed atmoshphere...I for one am glad Parcells is gone, but I know he would put an end to this in light of what is on the horizon. We have 3 straight division games...2 of which are on the road...and make no mistake the NFC East is the best division in football and will send three teams to the playoffs. We have a ton of games between now and thanksgiving. No one knows who we are or where we are headed until after Thanksgiving...and this moron is taking an Award Tour like this is the week off before the Super Bowl. I hope this desperate attempt for attention means Terry Glenn is close to returning and Crayton will go back where he belongs...as a #3.

Stop acting crazy. Player do interviews all the time, this is the norm. PC said all the right things and nothing was to far out thre. He is a solid #2 possesion type reciever and I am glad we have him and hope we keep him. I think he will be back next year since we have plenty of cap space and he has produced when asked.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Crayton was on ESPN last night. He got married on Saturday.

Oh, he also said the Cowboys are better than the Patriots even though we lost to them. In fact to quote him he said, "the sun can shine on any dog's *** for a day."

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
sacase;1737792 said:
Stop acting crazy. Player do interviews all the time, this is the norm. PC said all the right things and nothing was to far out thre. He is a solid #2 possesion type reciever and I am glad we have him and hope we keep him. I think he will be back next year since we have plenty of cap space and he has produced when asked.
look...we have not won ANYTHING YET....what room do we have to talk...you cats are so giddy being 6-1 you are numb...the people with the RIGHT to talk are teams like the Pats, Colts.....but they do their talking on the field....until we have busted a grape we need to concentrate on the next team on our schedule...who swept us last year! I am so tired of players or fans that act as if we are back! We have not won a d*mn playoff game in 10 years!!!!!!!! Who gives a flying s**t about 6-1....we have a lot left to prove!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He wants to talk fine but teams are not paying out big money to FA because of what they say. Do it on the field and everything else takes care of itself.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
he allowed himself to be Freddie Mitchell'd.

I am embarrassed for crayton. His first take interview was sorry. I hope he never allows himself to be put in that situation again.

Stick to talking to the local media.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
TheCount;1737615 said:

Yeah, that's it.

Other teams usually don't watch film or anything.

hendog

Reaction score
Hostile;1737797 said:
Crayton was on ESPN last night. He got married on Saturday.

Oh, he also said the Cowboys are better than the Patriots even though we lost to them. In fact to quote him he said, "the sun can shine on any dog's *** for a day."

I liked that.

SibannacRex

Reaction score
TheCount;1737615 said:

All that talking didn't help Freddie Mitchell. He was a below average WR that didn't play a single NFL game after that Super Bowl with NE.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Why would anyone think that doing interviews would get him more money in FA?

NFL GMs aren't that stupid. They're going to base their decisions on play on the field, not on how many national interviews a player does.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
abersonc;1737804 said:
Yeah, that's it.

Other teams usually don't watch film or anything.

I'm sure you just couldn't help yourself, but yes, obviously teams watch tape. Teams watch tape of Chad Johnson too, but that doesn't stop him from making himself quoteable so his name is out there more.

Surely you didn't think I was implying teams were going to sign him because he was on ESPN, I hope.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
TheCount;1737615 said:

another :rolleyes:

David

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TheCount;1737858 said:
I'm sure you just couldn't help yourself, but yes, obviously teams watch tape. Teams watch tape of Chad Johnson too, but that doesn't stop him from making himself quoteable so his name is out there more.

Surely you didn't think I was implying teams were going to sign him because he was on ESPN, I hope.

If Chad did not back it up with big numbers he would be looked at as an idiot more than he is. Hell Chad would actually help himself in FA by shutting his mouth instead of yaking.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1737869 said:
If Chad did not back it up with big numbers he would be looked at as an idiot more than he is. Hell Chad would actually help himself in FA by shutting his mouth instead of yaking.

True, but that's not my point. I'm not saying what Crayton is doing will help him, I'm just suggesting a possible reason for WHY he is doing it.

I mean has be provided this many quotes in all his years with the Cowboys?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I have some friends who aren't even Cowboys fans and they compliment Crayton all the time.

I think Cowboys fans are harder on him than anyone. Hes a good solid player for us and I hope we keep him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CATCH17;1737878 said:
I have some friends who aren't even Cowboys fans and they compliment Crayton all the time.

I think Cowboys fans are harder on him than anyone. Hes a good solid player for us and I hope we keep him.

I agree. I like Crayton and think he does a decent job and hope we can keep him. I would like to see him raise his game up another level and I think he can.