UGH! "The Break" on DC.COM!

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
Been listening to this show since back in the day when Nick and Derek started it. And yes, I've posted about it before, but I just got to vent as I really want to listen...but can't. Why?

Taylor Stern and her parroting of Broaddus' takes (many time incorrectly) and, biggest of all, her *** "vocal fry!"

For the life of me, I don't know why she's on this show! I'm sure she does a heck of a job with the Cowboys' social media department, but she knows NOTHING about football and IDK how NIck, Bryan and Derek don't just start laughing when she opens her mouth with nonsense and vocal fry. Frankly, she can't be taken seriously when analyzing Cowboys football.

Thanks for letting me blow off steam y'all!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I like Taylor Stern ....... Broudass is the one who gets on my nerves.

BigD16

Reaction score
Been listening to this show since back in the day when Nick and Derek started it. And yes, I've posted about it before, but I just got to vent as I really want to listen...but can't. Why?

Taylor Stern and her parroting of Broaddus' takes (many time incorrectly) and, biggest of all, her *** "vocal fry!"

For the life of me, I don't know why she's on this show! I'm sure she does a heck of a job with the Cowboys' social media department, but she knows NOTHING about football and IDK how NIck, Bryan and Derek don't just start laughing when she opens her mouth with nonsense and vocal fry. Frankly, she can't be taken seriously when analyzing Cowboys football.

Thanks for letting me blow off steam y'all!
I feel your pain. As I've said before in other threads regarding this topic, I've been listening to cowboys break religiously for about 8 years or so. Not even Dia Wall could keep me from listening. However, Taylor Stern takes the cake.

I can't do it anymore. I literally just click the episode and if she's there then I click away or will try to skip to certain parts.

It sucks because football season is so short and I try to get my fill of cowboys football as much as I can before the season is over. My favorite episodes are the ones followed by a game and the episodes before a game and now I've lost that aspect of cowboys football. I can't wait until she moves on because she single handedly has ruined this show for me.

And before the white knights come in here saying that I'm sexist or whatever, just know that I would say the same thing if she was a man. I don't care that she's a girl (a beautiful one at that) I just want people on the show that have football knowledge and experience. Oh and without the vocal fry for heavens sake. You're on football radio, not the Kardashians.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I feel your pain. As I've said before in other threads regarding this topic, I've been listening to cowboys break religiously for about 8 years or so. Not even Dia Wall could keep me from listening. However, Taylor Stern takes the cake.

I can't do it anymore. I literally just click the episode and if she's there then I click away or will try to skip to certain parts.

It sucks because football season is so short and I try to get my fill of cowboys football as much as I can before the season is over. My favorite episodes are the ones followed by a game and the episodes before a game and now I've lost that aspect of cowboys football. I can't wait until she moves on because she single handedly has ruined this show for me.

And before the white knights come in here saying that I'm sexist or whatever, just know that I would say the same thing if she was a man. I don't care that she's a girl (a beautiful one at that) I just want people on the show that have football knowledge and experience. Oh and without the vocal fry for heavens sake. You're on football radio, not the Kardashians.

It's a podcast, not radio.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think that she mostly relies on stories of her personal interaction with the players. That's about all she's able to contribute to the discussion.

If you notice, anytime there's an actual analytical discussion about football on the show, she is silent and has nothing to contribute.

You can tell that Nick doesn't take her seriously. But I can't blame him. She's in her early 20s and just doesn't mesh with the rest of the show.

And I'm not saying this because she's a woman. I really enjoy Kristi Scales and the opinion she brings to the sidelines and articles she writes. But Taylor is very hard to listen to.

BigD16

Reaction score
I think that she mostly relies on stories of her personal interaction with the players. That's about all she's able to contribute to the discussion.

If you notice, anytime there's an actual analytical discussion about football on the show, she is silent and has nothing to contribute.

You can tell that Nick doesn't take her seriously. But I can't blame him. She's in her early 20s and just doesn't mesh with the rest of the show.

And I'm not saying this because she's a woman. I really enjoy Kristi Scales and the opinion she brings to the sidelines and articles she writes. But Taylor is very hard to listen to.
Spot on. Yeah I noticed that Derek will often change the topic abruptly when Taylor Stern makes a point. Sometimes he'll cut her off and move on to the next topic.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
I won't listen to it for the same reasons as the OP. I think you have hit the nail on the head with her and the show.

I just want to listen to football analysis from people that know what they are talking about. I could listen to Nate Newton talk about football for the entire show on Talkin' Cowboys and it wouldn't bother me at all. All the knowledge about the X's and O's that he has plus all of the experiences he has had with actual Hall of Fame players with past Cowboy's teams is really great to hear about. He's also been on the losing end of things and can really put things in perspective, plus he can get the Cowboy's fans fired up!

I enjoy listening to Broaddus as well. His attitude doesn't bother me because he is a film guy. Sure he has been wrong his fair share of times but he has pointed out some good analysis from ballgames that I hadn't realized many times.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hopefully the Draft Show podcasts will be back on soon.

That is about the only one that I listen to on a regular basis

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Dane Bruglar.

I like Dane too but you have to be ready to nerd out on some football if you're going to listen to him. It's not for everybody.

I just don't mind Taylor Stern.

She's inside Valley Ranch everyday and she can give us a point of view that only a small handful of media memebers can.

I don't think she's too far off on some of her opinions either.

If you find her annoying then that is one thing but I don't think she should be discredited as a good source for Cowboys information. She does her job on that show pretty well I think.