Ugly fight in Detroit

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
It started with a hard foul on Ben Wallace by Artest and ended up with Artest fighting in the stands after getting a beer thrown on him. Artest is a punk.

Encore

Never Enough
Reaction score
Your jokeing right?

Artest did nothing wrong. He fouled Wallace in the arm. It was a hard file, but it wasn't even a flagrent. P*ssy Ben Wallace over-reacted and push Artest back in the face with his hands. Artest layed on the scorers table.. and a FAN through a Beer Bottle and it hit Artest in the eye. Thats when Artest blew it. Anyone would. He went up after the fan. He should've, but the fans totally got out of control. They started to throw tons of stuff onto the floor. Pouring Beer, Soda, Popcorn.. ANYTHING. They did that as they walked back into the dressing room.

In the end.. Detorit Fans are COWARDS, SISSY'S, and P*SSY'S.

I Can't believe how they acted.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I guess Ron Artest finally gets that long rest he wanted. LOL He'll definitely get suspended for a while after this. I just wish the athletes weren't the only ones blamed for this. That fan threw a freaking beer bottle in his face. He deserved to get his arse beat. Just because you pay for a ticket doesn't mean you're allowed to be a freaking jerk. This is no different than when Cliff Harris jumped in the Commanders bleachers and started beating down some Skins fans who had thrown beer bottles at him. It's just the media didn't cover sports as much back then.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Ugly, ugly situation.

Artest, though provoked, did do something wrong. You cannot go into the stands, you just can't do it. The fan is an idiot and no one will argue that, but you cannot set foot off the court.

There are going to be some heavy suspensions here. I'm predicting that Artest/Stephen Jackson will get the brunt of it. Wallace deserves a longer punishment then he'll likely get simply because his escapades were purely court-related, but I lost TONS of respect for that guy. O'Neal cold-clocked some guy who was on the court and will likely get the pine.

Security was a joke, though. Fans were walking onto the court. There simply wasn't enough people to hold back the moronic Pistons fans.

It's unfortunate that all of their fans will be labeled because of the actions of idiots, but we, as human beings, are sadly noted not because of our greatest achivements in life but instead our greatest mis-steps.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
Clip

*** was Artest thinking of going into the fans? sure you would get mad but they are more then you and your team and security

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
After seeing the video a couple of times I'll take back some of what I said about Artest. It really wasn't that much of a foul and it was the fans fault the brawl started......with that said he's still a punk.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Encore said:
Your jokeing right?

Artest did nothing wrong. He fouled Wallace in the arm. It was a hard file, but it wasn't even a flagrent. P*ssy Ben Wallace over-reacted and push Artest back in the face with his hands. Artest layed on the scorers table.. and a FAN through a Beer Bottle and it hit Artest in the eye. Thats when Artest blew it. Anyone would. He went up after the fan. He should've, but the fans totally got out of control. They started to throw tons of stuff onto the floor. Pouring Beer, Soda, Popcorn.. ANYTHING. They did that as they walked back into the dressing room.

In the end.. Detorit Fans are COWARDS, SISSY'S, and P*SSY'S.

I Can't believe how they acted.
So did the fan that Artest went after actually throw anything? He still had his drink in his hand. Maybe Artest went after the smallest 4 eyed guy he could find.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
So did the fan that Artest went after actually throw anything? He still had his drink in his hand. Maybe Artest went after the smallest 4 eyed guy he could find.
If you saw the clip, that man was looking straight at him talking, like he threw it. If you heard the police on sportscenter, what Artest did was legal, since he was being assaulted...

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
RW31 said:
If you saw the clip, that man was looking straight at him talking, like he threw it. If you heard the police on sportscenter, what Artest did was legal, since he was being assaulted...

Yes and no.

You have the right to defend yourself, but you have to be sure of the person who assaulted you or you can become an assailant yourself.

Artest could file charges against the guy in the blue shirt/tan hat who threw the beer (and subsequent punches ten seconds later). The guy in the black shirt could file charges against Artest since he didn't do anything wrong other than being at the wrong place at the wrong time and a case of mistaken identity.

Fan who got the worst: the idiot who marched on the court and up to Artest. I think he kind of second guessed himself when he saw that Artest runs about 250 lbs. Artest clocking him was probably enough, but O'Neal threw an insane haymaker on the guy seconds later.

I think the thing we are forgetting the most in this incident are the ones who really got hurt: the janitors who had to clean all this up afterwards.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Avery said:
Fan who got the worst: the idiot who marched on the court and up to Artest. I think he kind of second guessed himself when he saw that Artest runs about 250 lbs. Artest clocking him was probably enough, but O'Neal threw an insane haymaker on the guy seconds later.
Actually they were two different people. The one that was hit by artest went to the bench, and the other guy backing him up, I think he pushed artest down, and he was tripped. Then Oneal came in and gave him a wallop. I don't know what they were thinking going onto the court...

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
PACERS_PISTONS.sff_DTP104_20041119233328.jpg

I'd be upset to if I had some guys hand coming out of my arse.