Ugly football last week, not just Cowboys

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
How about the Jets losing to Oakland? Favre was downright awful for a lot of the game. Did you see some of those picks Favre threw? Jamarcus Russell plain stinks. McFadden showed a little and then quickly found the bench due to injury. Can you say injury-prone?

The Saints? They stunk it up and now have to play without Bush for many weeks, maybe the rest of the year. Good luck.

The Broncos? 3-0 start and the wheels fell off. CB Bailey out 4-6 weeks with a torn hamstring and LB Bailey out for the year, maybe career-ending. Now that pathetic defense has to play minus the Bailey Bros. Ekuban got a sack. Surprise surprise! Their RB fumbled the first two times he touched the ball. If the Broncos don't score 45+ points, they might not win another game.

How about the Vikings? Ferrotte had 4 INTS (and the Bears were missing 3 DBs) to go along with a blocked punt for a TD, and a muffed punt for a TD. That vaunted Vike defense got torched for 34 points.

How about the Bears? 41 points to the Vikes with Frerotte at QB.

The Bengals and Lions played awful again to stay without a win. Is it possible these two teams could go 0-16 together. Fitzpatrick at QB for the Bengals! Some other clown for the Lions.

Will the Chiefs win another game? Teams are slapping the Chiefs around like LJ is slapping women around. LJ is now begging not to be suspended. The Chiefs hope he is so they don't have to pay him and can continue to lose.

The Chargers? They stink/stunk. One good thing, LT won't get Emmitt's rushing record at this pace. I think he had like 40 yds. Maybe Norv is secretly protecting Emmitt's record.

The Browns? Back to the Brady Quinn chants after Derek Anderson's garbage performance. And TE Winslow gets suspended for, get this, complaining about getting a staph infection from the team hospital/lockerroom. No free speech in Goodell's NFL.

Miami's bubble is bursting after 2 wins.

How about the Seahawks? I couldn't even watch more than 1 quarter of that game. How far the Seahawks have fallen!

We all know what the Cowboys did.

Memo to Goodell: Half the NFL teams plain stink. The refs stink, too. And the commissioner stinks the worst. But, hey, everything is good because you nailed Pacman and got rid of negative publicity. And no one will notice your hypocrisy when you let LJ slide. A few more weeks like this and the ratings will plummet. But, hey, who cares, Pacman is gone. All is well in the NFL.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
McFadden has been playing with an injured foot cause he's a tough football player unlike Romo.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Rampage;2367009 said:
McFadden has been playing with an injured foot cause he's a tough football player unlike Romo.

I watched the game on Sunday, admittedly not very closely after the Cowboys got trounced, and didn't notice him much. He looked good the first few minutes and then disappeared.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
ninja;2367002 said:
Memo to Goodell: Half the NFL teams plain stink. The refs stink, too. And the commissioner stinks the worst. But, hey, everything is good because you nailed Pacman and got rid of negative publicity. And no one will notice your hypocrisy when you let LJ slide. A few more weeks like this and the ratings will plummet. But, hey, who cares, Pacman is gone. All is well in the NFL.

This is post almost made it. Was almost worth while.

But somehow, you just found a way to make it a "NFL vs. Pacman" ordeal.

I can't believe people are defending this guy. He is getting what he deserves.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
ninja;2367016 said:
I watched the game on Sunday, admittedly not very closely after the Cowboys got trounced, and didn't notice him much. He looked good the first few minutes and then disappeared.
disappeared as in he wasn't in the game anymore or disappeared like he couldn't gain any yardage?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Rampage;2367025 said:
disappeared as in he wasn't in the game anymore or disappeared like he couldn't gain any yardage?

Does it matter? Injuries are no excuse. You can't gain any yards standing on the sideline. For the record, he got 39 yds on 8 carries. Fargas got most of the work.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
ninja;2367058 said:
Does it matter? Injuries are no excuse. You can't gain any yards standing on the sideline. For the record, he got 39 yds on 8 carries. Fargas got most of the work.
yeah cause i didn't know what you meant

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ninja;2367002 said:
A few more weeks like this and the ratings will plummet.
No they won't. They never do. The NFL is as popular as it ever has been. I don't disagree with all the things you posted. The the league has always been like that. Always.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Denver had a collapse very much like the Cowboys. It was almost deja vu.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
What do I care about the other teams? I'm a Cowboys fan. :)

Oh, and go Goodell!!!! :)

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I'm confused. Was all the critiquing prior to the Adam statements a not-so-clever way to chant "Free Pacman?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Seven;2367141 said:
I'm confused. Was all the critiquing prior to the Adam statements a not-so-clever way to chant "Free Pacman?

I still feel Pacman was robbed by Goodell. I think the NFL has bigger problems than people like Pacman. If Goodell is so worried about negative publicity, he should focus on all the bad football that has been played recently. If last week is any indication, its product is headed downhill.

You do have to admit that was some horrible football played last week by half the league.

Boysboy

Reaction score
ninja;2367002 said:
The Broncos? 3-0 start and the wheels fell off. CB Bailey out 4-6 weeks with a torn hamstring and LB Bailey out for the year, maybe career-ending. Now that pathetic defense has to play minus the Bailey Bros. Ekuban got a sack. Surprise surprise! Their RB fumbled the first two times he touched the ball. If the Broncos don't score 45+ points, they might not win another game.

The Broncs are the AFC's Cowboys, it seems...

1) They need to win games solely on their offenses.

2) Their defenses BLOW.

3) The Broncs got blown out by the lowly Chiefs, we got blown out by the lowly Rams.

4) Their stud CB is out for awhile with a torn groin, so is our's.

5) One of their stud LBs is missing significant time, so has one of our stud LBs.

6) Mike Shanahan ran a SOFT camp, so did Wade.

7) Cutler, like Romo, has an injured finger, although not as severe.

8) Both have big, physical receivers that's not only their go-to guy, but are ball-hogs as well.(Yes, Brandon Marshall is probably a "good" TO)

9) Both teams are dogged with injuries and suspensions.

10) Like you said above, both started 3-0, have 2 incredibly lucky wins, and have lost 3 out of their last 4.

The Chargers? They stink/stunk. One good thing, LT won't get Emmitt's rushing record at this pace. I think he had like 40 yds. Maybe Norv is secretly protecting Emmitt's record.

Who would have thought? The Chargers and Cowboys...the 2 most talented teams with lots of stars, predicted to go to Tampa...only to be the biggest underwhelmers in the league.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
no everyone else played decent football only the cowboys played like a jr varsity high school team it seems to the media

DeadEagle

Reaction score
the kid 05;2367672 said:
no everyone else played decent football only the cowboys played like a jr varsity high school team it seems to the media

It was just St. Louis outplaying the Cowboys in all aspects of the game.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
I'm not really concerned if the rest of the league is unwilling to take things by the balls and play good football consistently.

What concerns me is that for four weeks, Dallas' "talent" has been rendered meaningless due to a seemingly lack of spirit, grit, scheming, execution and a mind-boggling amount of penalties, turnovers and other miscues.

You don't win football games with a seemingly outmanned coaching staff, countless turnovers, soft defense, horrible special teams and an oh-well-we'll-get-them-next-time mentality.