UK Fan first time post

UKMatt

Reaction score
Hey everyone, Matt here from England, UK.

New to NFL but really starting to get into it. Seen a couple of the games in London and a random college game in Dublin.
My brother has played for a few years but due to a knee injury I've ruled myself out and prefer to be a viewer.
My bro and his mate have been Pats and Packers fans for a number of years so after watching the AON series on Amazon I have decided to become a part of America's team.
Looking to get involved on the forum and learn more about the NFL and the cowboys alike.
Cheers for having me.
Matt

Xelda

Reaction score
Welcome Matt and much respect for YOUR choice in football teams! There are others here from the UK with excellent taste in teams as well (Cowboys!). We have been ranked as the best fans of all NFL teams. Not one of, but the #1 fan base and the Cowboys are the most valuable sports franchise in the world. When we have a bad season, we can pretend to count how much money our team is worth and what we could buy with all those billions. Well, I do anyway. I've been watching them most of my life and there's so much history here. Feel free to ask questions here, someone is bound to know the answers.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score

New to NFL but really starting to get into it. Seen a couple of the games in London and a random college game in Dublin.
My brother has played for a few years but due to a knee injury I've ruled myself out and prefer to be a viewer.
My bro and his mate have been Pats and Packers fans for a number of years so after watching the AON series on Amazon I have decided to become a part of America's team.
Looking to get involved on the forum and learn more about the NFL and the cowboys alike.
Cheers for having me.
Matt
Welcome and have you noticed the cheerleaders

UKMatt

Reaction score
Welcome Matt and much respect for YOUR choice in football teams! There are others here from the UK with excellent taste in teams as well (Cowboys!). We have been ranked as the best fans of all NFL teams. Not one of, but the #1 fan base and the Cowboys are the most valuable sports franchise in the world. When we have a bad season, we can pretend to count how much money our team is worth and what we could buy with all those billions. Well, I do anyway. I've been watching them most of my life and there's so much history here. Feel free to ask questions here, someone is bound to know the answers.

Thanks for the welcome Xelda, appreciate the reply.

Really like the way the team and programme has been set up. I know 'Jones Land' gets a bit of a hard time but a lot of the football (soccer) clubs here in the UK get the same where for the old school fans it's not their fault someone has come in and decided to invest heavily.
The OH and I will actually be out in Texas in October so we are looking to see if we can get to the Eagles game.
If I have a few questions about the game (ie buying tickets, best seats/views, parking, tailgating, game days events etc) where is it best to post? Obviously being a noob I don't want to break any forum rules or get up anyones nose for asking 'tourist' questions. But hey, still learning about the whole game and loving getting into a new sport which is definitely growing internationally!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well I totally misunderstood the title of your thread. I was going to tell you that several of us are UK Fans, but now that I see where you were going with that, I'd feel pretty silly saying it..................Ooh, hold on, I'm watching how Saturn's rings were formed and I wanna see how it ends!..................Huh, well that doesn't make my life any better.

So anyway, if you're going to ask questions here, have a thick skin, because some people just like to talk down to those who aren't as well informed as they (the lookers down) like to consider themselves. You're from the UK, so just say something in English and they'll be so busy trying to figure out what you said, someone else will answer your question before they come up with a retort.

Welcome to Cowboys Country, brother from a different mother.....land.

Xelda

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome Xelda, appreciate the reply.

Really like the way the team and programme has been set up. I know 'Jones Land' gets a bit of a hard time but a lot of the football (soccer) clubs here in the UK get the same where for the old school fans it's not their fault someone has come in and decided to invest heavily.
The OH and I will actually be out in Texas in October so we are looking to see if we can get to the Eagles game.
If I have a few questions about the game (ie buying tickets, best seats/views, parking, tailgating, game days events etc) where is it best to post? Obviously being a noob I don't want to break any forum rules or get up anyones nose for asking 'tourist' questions. But hey, still learning about the whole game and loving getting into a new sport which is definitely growing internationally!
We have the Market Zone for tickets and plenty of people that can tell from personal experience about seating, views, parking, tailgating and events but I'm not one. Post around and get familiar with the regulars as soon as you can.

UKMatt

Reaction score
Well I totally misunderstood the title of your thread. I was going to tell you that several of us are UK Fans, but now that I see where you were going with that, I'd feel pretty silly saying it..................Ooh, hold on, I'm watching how Saturn's rings were formed and I wanna see how it ends!..................Huh, well that doesn't make my life any better.

So anyway, if you're going to ask questions here, have a thick skin, because some people just like to talk down to those who aren't as well informed as they (the lookers down) like to consider themselves. You're from the UK, so just say something in English and they'll be so busy trying to figure out what you said, someone else will answer your question before they come up with a retort.

Welcome to Cowboys Country, brother from a different mother.....land.

Haha! Thanks RUN. Don't worry I know there are always those who just happen to know everything and know best so I am sure I'll ruffle a few feathers with dumb-assed questions!
Appreciate the welcome though sir, and its good to be part of the Cowboy Country crowd, thanks for having me.

UKMatt

Reaction score
We have the Market Zone for tickets and plenty of people that can tell from personal experience about seating, views, parking, tailgating and events but I'm not one. Post around and get familiar with the regulars as soon as you can.

Thanks Xelda. I have looked at the MZ but because I'm a noob I know I can't post just yet. Obviously didn't want to be one of those guys that just shoots and leaves so I'll get involved and hopefully learn a few things about how things work as I do.
Thanks

UKMatt

Reaction score

Cheers for having me.
Matt

Thanks for the likes and warm welcome guys. Definitely great to feel a part of the crowd and ease me in nicely without any real abuse yet!

UKMatt

Reaction score
Quick question guys, I am assuming I don't have the ability to 'LIKE' any comments yet as I am still green and got to earn my stripes?
If I'm being stupid please let me know how i go about jumping on the like bandwagon

cheers

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Quick question guys, I am assuming I don't have the ability to 'LIKE' any comments yet as I am still green and got to earn my stripes?
If I'm being stupid please let me know how i go about jumping on the like bandwagon

cheers
Once you post enough times, in various threads, the "like" button will appear in the lower right hand corner. I recommend going to the "Off Topic Zone", where you can establish a rapport with some fun loving folks, while you await your full member status.

Xelda

Reaction score

cheers
Don't be afraid to ask questions, Matt. Most of our hard nosed football "experts" don't post around this area of the forums much. Once you get your wings to fly around Cowboys Zone, ask some questions higher up and the experts will be happy to answer your questions. There'll be truth in some of those posts. If you're that new to football, you can check out some of our history on YouTube. Just thinking of the Triplets (Troy, Michael and Emmitt) brings a warm glow to most of us. Deion Sanders was a special animal as a Cowboy. He would work the entire stadium into a frenzy as he waited for a kick return. He was known to find holes and break free for a touchdown. It was beautiful! He was a major pain in the butt as a 49er. Jimmy Johnson is viewed as a saint to the Cowboy faithful. The stadium would yell MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE when Daryl Johnston got the ball. Bill Bates became a force by sheer determination and The Nickle Bates package was coined. Really big booties on the offensive line which John Madden would discuss and draw circles around them with his teleprompter. Big time star power on the defense as well. Sometimes, I just felt sorry for the other team. It was fun!

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Brexit will largely eliminate your access to Cowboy games, live or streaming.

Congrats on many poor election decisions. The irony is not lost on us.

UKMatt

Reaction score
Brexit will largely eliminate your access to Cowboy games, live or streaming.

Congrats on many poor election decisions. The irony is not lost on us.

Jeez Man, I thought coming on here was a case of getting away from politics, clearly not *face palm*.

I don't plan on spouting about taking guns, so let's leave the Brexit commentary to LBC.

And my advice, the news you see on the TV aint always worth listening to ;)

Cheers

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cheers for having me.
Matt
Welcome Matt the Hoople, one of the forgotten bands from the second wave of the Invasion. That random college game, were they visiting Dublin and a football game just broke out? I've heard they're like flash mobs in the UK and can just break out at any moment and this is so unsettling soccer players just fall down in response....practicing for games, I suppose.

We've had an influx of your countrymen escaping the silly twitiness of a game played in shorts for one played by real men in protective gear. We welcome you as a football fan and I'm sorry that your bro and his mate will not be allowed entrance because of their poor choices. Your Mum can take solace in the fact she has at least one good son that makes good choices.

Matt, just a heads up about our little gathering. It may seem, at times, as if some are really not fans of the team you have so wisely chosen but that's just their quirky little way of showing love. Be aware but their bark is worse than their bite unless they're barking from the other end. At times, it can be a rather sticky wicket.

Cheers and tally ho, Matt the Hoople!

UKMatt

Reaction score
Welcome Matt the Hoople, one of the forgotten bands from the second wave of the Invasion. That random college game, were they visiting Dublin and a football game just broke out? I've heard they're like flash mobs in the UK and can just break out at any moment and this is so unsettling soccer players just fall down in response....practicing for games, I suppose.

We've had an influx of your countrymen escaping the silly twitiness of a game played in shorts for one played by real men in protective gear. We welcome you as a football fan and I'm sorry that your bro and his mate will not be allowed entrance because of their poor choices. Your Mum can take solace in the fact she has at least one good son that makes good choices.

Matt, just a heads up about our little gathering. It may seem, at times, as if some are really not fans of the team you have so wisely chosen but that's just their quirky little way of showing love. Be aware but their bark is worse than their bite unless they're barking from the other end. At times, it can be a rather sticky wicket.

Cheers and tally ho, Matt the Hoople!

Cheers Couch, glad to hear at the next family gathering I shall be able to initiate the favourite son debate once again! (although its never been anything different to be fair)

The Dublin game was a big official game, played at Crooke Park the home of Irish rugby. Probably 30-40k fans in the ground. It was just tough because I'd had very minimal amount of sleep and still stank of Guinness! 4 Hours of sitting next to 7 other blokes in the same state and one who had puked up all over himself was a little tough shall we say! The football on the field did not take priority over sleep deprivation and survival in the bitter Irish winds! :lmao2:

I must say as I've gotten more and more into the game and watching some of the hits you can see why the pads were invented but at the same time I would loved to have gone back and seen a game or two without helmets and pads a bit like the rugby players.

Thankfully I've only had one strange fella trying to quote Brexit at me, but I believe I hindered the progress of the thread by stating this is a forum about sports not politics and if you wanna debate something you know nothing about then I shall bring up the subject of taking guns. I haven't had a response yet, so I feel a little vindicated by my straight to the point D-Fence!