Unabomber Ted Kaczynski found dead in US prison cell

Hardline

Reaction score
Ted Kaczynski, better known as the Unabomber, has been found dead in his prison cell, federal officials confirmed to the BBC.
Kaczynski, 81, killed three people and injured 23 more during a mass mail-bombing spree between 1978 and 1995. He later pleaded guilty to his crimes.
He was sentenced to life without parole in 1996 after evading capture for almost 20 years.
The Harvard-trained mathematician was eventually caught in a Montana cabin.
He was a man who fascinated America for decades, and he became the focus of numerous TV documentaries.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65867291

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Ted Kaczynski, better known as the Unabomber, has been found dead in his prison cell, federal officials confirmed to the BBC.
Kaczynski, 81, killed three people and injured 23 more during a mass mail-bombing spree between 1978 and 1995. He later pleaded guilty to his crimes.
He was sentenced to life without parole in 1996 after evading capture for almost 20 years.
He was a man who fascinated America for decades, and he became the focus of numerous TV documentaries.

Confirmed.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Good. Some people don't deserve to live.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I remember making a special trip to the library to read his manifesto that a couple major newspapers decided to publish. I remember thinking that he sounded intelligent, and that made me worry that they would never catch him. Then, when I saw on the news that they had just caught him, I was super excited.
I don't know why someone so intelligent would dedicate himself to hurting and killing people like that. Goodbye, sad and pathetic criminal, Ted. You won't be missed.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I’m the last person to get into conspiracy theories but if you read about the history of Kazinski, there is an interesting arc about the psychological experiments he went through in Harvard. Bizarre stuff from a CIA shrink, and some believed led him to going off the rails. The same guys who brought you LSD tests, remote viewing, Bay of Pigs, the Shah in Iran, and all the other ridiculous projects that were funded.

nobody

Reaction score
I’m the last person to get into conspiracy theories but if you read about the history of Kazinski, there is an interesting arc about the psychological experiments he went through in Harvard. Bizarre stuff from a CIA shrink, and some believed led him to going off the rails. The same guys who brought you LSD tests, remote viewing, Bay of Pigs, the Shah in Iran, and all the other ridiculous projects that were funded.
Yeah, intentionally or not they drove him off the deep end with those experiments. They made him what he was.

gtb1943

Reaction score
and don't forget the poison cigars for Castro...

The Company over the years really makes one think of a parody of an intelligence agency that as far as I know has never made a major call right.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His crimes were uncovered after he forced the Washington Post and the New York Times to publish his unhinged and angry manifesto, called Industrial Society and Its Future, in September 1995.

They agreed to print the manifesto on the recommendation of the FBI and the US attorney general after Kaczynski said he would end his campaign if a national paper published his treatise.
I remember how this was on the news every day. Totally gripped this country.

I'd like to hear if he did commit suicide or not.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Mengele was considered brilliant. So was the head Japanese 'doctor' of Unit 731.
Brilliant but sociopath would describe a fair number of serial killers.
Many, or maybe even most, of them are intelligent, unfortunately. It's a big reason why they're able to evade capture for so long. Ted Bundy was intelligent, articulate, and charming. That's why he was able to get various women to trust him. He seemed like a handsome, good guy. Of course, in reality he was a psychopathic murderer.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm sure Jolly West was involved somehow.