Unbelievable!

BlueWave

Reaction score
Direct TV has added channel 210 ESPN Alternate channel. The scheduled game.....Saints vs Giants. Now I get it on three channels. :bang2:

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
Are you telling me that Direct TV is not going to run the cowboys game here in Louisaina

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
BlueWave said:
No your ABC station will carry all it the way through.

Well, then I'm confused. What are you not getting? I'm in Louisiana. I assumed they would stick me with Saints coverage on ABC.

BlueWave

Reaction score
Because my ABC station is Pensacola. They are sticking with the Saints Giants all the way.

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
BlueWave said:
Because my ABC station is Pensacola. They are sticking with the Saints Giants all the way.

I think I get it. Our feed on ABC will be the entire saints game. ESPN via Direct TV will show the Entire saints game also.

So us Cowboy's fans in Louisiana will not get the Game?

BlueWave

Reaction score
I guess not, unless Direct TV's guide is wrong. They also just added ESPN Alternate 210 airing.....you guessed it...Saints/Giants.

Now, I have to think, they cannot be that stupid. That's where my hope lays right now.

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
I'm inside saints coverge area and right now the game is on ABC with my local cable. ESPN on direct TV is showing golf and 210 is showing "not available" in my area.

Should I be prepared for ESPN to switch the saints game at 8pm and my local cable company staying on the Saints game until it's finished.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
CowboyBlog said:
Well, then I'm confused. What are you not getting? I'm in Louisiana. I assumed they would stick me with Saints coverage on ABC.

What part of Louisiana are you in? I lived in Bossier and our station used to show Dallas games over New Orleans. I think the ABC affiliate there is KTVT (If I remember correctly)

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
I'm in louisiana where we get saints instead of Cowboys. I used to drive every sunday morning to a bar up in north louisiana before direct TV

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
CowboyBlog said:
I'm in louisiana where we get saints instead of Cowboys. I used to drive every sunday morning to a bar up in north louisiana before direct TV

That's probably why, most of KTVT's audience is near the Texas border/East Texas, not to mention Bossier is aroun 200 miles from Dallas/300 from New Orleans and thus the preference...when I was going to college (La.Tech) it was Saints all the time, used to cheese me off.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
My understanding is that ABC will show the Saints game until it's time for the Dallas game to come on. At that point, Dallas will be shown on ABC and the Saint's game will be switched to ESPN.

Isn't that correct?

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
My understanding is that ABC will show the Saints game until it's time for the Dallas game to come on. At that point, Dallas will be shown on ABC and the Saint's game will be switched to ESPN.

Isn't that correct?

Not in Louisiana and New York where the saints/giants will be local coverage on ABC.

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
GTaylor said:
That's probably why, most of KTVT's audience is near the Texas border/East Texas, not to mention Bossier is aroun 200 miles from Dallas/300 from New Orleans and thus the preference...when I was going to college (La.Tech) it was Saints all the time, used to cheese me off.

Natchitoches was the furtherest south that got Shreveport channels. I would go to Natchtitoches or Lake charles

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
CowboyBlog said:
Not in Louisiana and New York where the saints/giants will be local coverage on ABC.

If that's the case... then they need to show Dallas on ESPN in those areas, instead of the Saints game.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
I live in Louisiana and I have DTV and cable. I was watching ESPN through my cable feed at the end of Monday Night Countdown, it flickered, and the channel indicator on my TV was on. My guess is that they just converted me to an alternate feed to show the Commanders and Cowboys at 8PM CST.

At least I hope.

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
If that's the case... then they need to show Dallas on ESPN in those areas, instead of the Saints game.

That is there plan. The problem is that I get my ESPN from Direct TV which is national coverage. They will put the Saints on ESPN for me like I lived in the rest of the country. (which is looking better as we speak)

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
CowboyBlog said:
That is there plan. The problem is that I get my ESPN from Direct TV which is national coverage. They will put the Saints on ESPN for me like I lived in the rest of the country. (which is looking better as we speak)

My situation exactly. I finally got power after the storm but cable is still out. I can get ABC on an antenna (fuzzy but I can see it). I have directv and that's how I'm getting ESPN. Normally, I have it both places, but now I only have the national feed from Directv.

They're gonna show the Saints locally, and I'm gonna get a national ESPN that's going to show the Saints game at 8:00. Oh, and the ESPN altenate will show the Saints in case I don't want to watch it on either of the other two channels.

I'm so pissed. I hate the friggin' Saints!

For what it's worth...

http://espn.go.com/sitetools/s/contact/espntv.html

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
My situation exactly. I finally got power after the storm but cable is still out. I can get ABC on an antenna (fuzzy but I can see it). I have directv and that's how I'm getting ESPN. Normally, I have it both places, but now I only have the national feed from Directv.

They're gonna show the Saints locally, and I'm gonna get a national ESPN that's going to show the Saints game at 8:00. Oh, and the ESPN altenate will show the Saints in case I don't want to watch it on either of the other two channels.

I'm so pissed. I hate the friggin' Saints!

For what it's worth...

http://espn.go.com/sitetools/s/contact/espntv.html

Someone in another thread just said the game will be on ESPN alternate. Check your listings again...they just updated it.