Uncertainty

cmoney23

Reaction score
We are in a horrible position with Dak, the coaching staff, the skill positions, and this offense. That horrible position is uncertainty.

To me, this coaching staff has run its course. The offense was “broken” before and the ownership forced Linehan on the Garrett and that Band-Aid worked for a few years, but without Romo to help translate this offense into success on the field it has floundered and is dying (if not dead already)

The FO has failed, yet again, to put a competent core around its QB. Dak showed promise and has a good amount of talent, but no QB in the league can be successful without competent skill position players. I look at this offseason as a big red flag. You knew that Dez was on the chopping block. You didn’t land a suitable number one option in FA and when the draft fell perfectly to select the consensus number 1 WR late in the first round, they passed for a MLB. Not saying that LVE wasn’t a good pick or that he won’t be a good player. But when you have a young QB you have to build your team around him.

I look at the success that Calvin Ridley is having in ATL and wish that he was here to help Dak. Outside of WR’s I then look at the TE position. Wit was getting up in years and ultimately retired. Behind him, we had nothing on the roster of note, besides a hope and a prayer in the form of a late round pick, Rico Gathers, a former college basketball player. The FO could have brought in Jimmy Graham who ultimately signed a very friendly deal with the Packers. But the FO’s lack of foresight into this transition is, sadly, par for the course.

The final and most detrimental uncertainty lies with Dak Prescott.

I’ve said it for years, being average in the NFL is poison. You miss out on top-flight talent and you are in a chasing mode so you overpay for players to try and “get over the hump”... usually without much luck. We are in that position right now with Dak, because I don’t think anyone knows what we have in Dak. I also don’t think you can make that conclusion without fixing the coaching staff and building a team around him.

I think we are stuck this year. We have little-to-no options. But hopefully this year’s failure will weed out the coaching staff and we can make a few moves to build a team around Dak next season. If that goes poorly we will be able to go on in on a top flight rookie QB in the draft.

...Tua Tagovailoa should be coming out that year.

jrumann59

Reaction score
We are in a horrible position with Dak, the coaching staff, the skill positions, and this offense. That horrible position is uncertainty.

To me, this coaching staff has run its course. The offense was “broken” before and the ownership forced Linehan on the Garrett and that Band-Aid worked for a few years, but without Romo to help translate this offense into success on the field it has floundered and is dying (if not dead already)

The FO has failed, yet again, to put a competent core around its QB. Dak showed promise and has a good amount of talent, but no QB in the league can be successful without competent skill position players. I look at this offseason as a big red flag. You knew that Dez was on the chopping block. You didn’t land a suitable number one option in FA and when the draft fell perfectly to select the consensus number 1 WR late in the first round, they passed for a MLB. Not saying that LVE wasn’t a good pick or that he won’t be a good player. But when you have a young QB you have to build your team around him.

I look at the success that Calvin Ridley is having in ATL and wish that he was here to help Dak. Outside of WR’s I then look at the TE position. Wit was getting up in years and ultimately retired. Behind him, we had nothing on the roster of note, besides a hope and a prayer in the form of a late round pick, Rico Gathers, a former college basketball player. The FO could have brought in Jimmy Graham who ultimately signed a very friendly deal with the Packers. But the FO’s lack of foresight into this transition is, sadly, par for the course.

The final and most detrimental uncertainty lies with Dak Prescott.

I’ve said it for years, being average in the NFL is poison. You miss out on top-flight talent and you are in a chasing mode so you overpay for players to try and “get over the hump”... usually without much luck. We are in that position right now with Dak, because I don’t think anyone knows what we have in Dak. I also don’t think you can make that conclusion without fixing the coaching staff and building a team around him.

I think we are stuck this year. We have little-to-no options. But hopefully this year’s failure will weed out the coaching staff and we can make a few moves to build a team around Dak next season. If that goes poorly we will be able to go on in on a top flight rookie QB in the draft.

...Tua Tagovailoa should be coming out that year.

This Ridley love is funny, it is not like he is the "go to" guy in Atlanta. He is at best right now the #3 WR there maybe #2 but that Offense runs through Julio. Now not saying what he is doing is impressive but it is unlikely he is seeing a teams #1 or #2 CB.