Underrated Prospects

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
I think some of these guys are grossly underrated.

Bill Swancutt DE
(Oregon State)
His speed won't reflect it but this guys gets after QBs. He had 2 or 3 sacks in the Senior Bowl alone. Set school record for sacks. He is disciplined and regarded as a hard worker. Look at his numbers.
2004 19 tackles for loss 12 sacks
2003 18 tackles for loss 11 sacks
2002 21 tackles for loss 12 sacks

Vincent Jackson WR
(Northern Colorado)
I don't care what division he played in or how small it was. At 6'5", 230 lbs and a 4.46 40, this guy could be dominant. Especially in the red zone. He's regarded as like the 15th best WR in the draft. I'd say he's about the 8th IMO. Huge upside. Long arms, long legs and huge hands. He has been very productive as a kick returner as well.

Adrian McPherson QB
(Florida State*, Indiana- Arena League)
I just see success oozing out of this guys future. I think he has done all the right things to prove himself worthy and put his past behind him, and everyone else for that matter. So many athletes slip up and don't bounce back properly. They think they can get by on natural ability. Some can. most can't. He has worked hard on and off the field to improve his chances and at 20 years old, he dominated in Arena League and was Rookie of the Year. He is mobile, a student of the game, and can heave the ball 70+ yards. I see good things and he will be drafted no sooner than the 4th QB taken probably, if that early.

Gerald Sensabaugh FS
(North Carolina)
With a 4.45 40 and a 46" freaking vertical, this guy is a big play waiting to happen every play in the secondary. He has the perfect FS size as well at 6'1", 215. He is kick blocking machine as well. Not one of the top ranked FS in the draft which only increases his value.

Michael Boley OLB
(Southern Miss)
Too small? Who cares. This guy is a terror for offenses and the NFL will put at least 10 pounds on him rounding him out at a nice 6'2", 240. He is excellent in coverage as well. Just look at his college production.
2004 20 tackles for loss 9 sacks
2003 22.5 tackles for loss 11 sacks
2002 16 tackles for loss 8 sacks

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

Bill Swancutt DE
(Oregon State)
His speed won't reflect it but this guys gets after QBs. He had 2 or 3 sacks in the Senior Bowl alone. Set school record for sacks. He is disciplined and regarded as a hard worker. Look at his numbers.

Vincent Jackson WR
(Northern Colorado)
I don't care what division he played in or how small it was. At 6'5", 230 lbs and a 4.46 40, this guy could be dominant. Especially in the red zone. He's regarded as like the 15th best WR in the draft. I'd say he's about the 8th IMO. Huge upside. Long arms, long legs and huge hands. He has been very productive as a kick returner as well.

Adrian McPherson QB
I just see success oozing out of this guys future. I think he has done all the right things to prove himself worthy and put his past behind him, and everyone else for that matter. So many athletes slip up and don't bounce back properly. They think they can get by on natural ability. Some can. most can't. He has worked hard on and off the field to improve his chances and at 20 years old, he dominated in Arena League and was Rookie of the Year. He is mobile, a student of the game, and can heave the ball 70+ yards. I see good things and he will be drafted no sooner than the 4th QB taken probably, if that early.

Gerald Sensabaugh FS
(North Carolina)
With a 4.45 40 and a 46" freaking vertical, this guy is a big play waiting to happen every play in the secondary. He has the perfect FS size as well at 6'1", 215. He is kick blocking machine as well. Not one of the top ranked FS in the draft which only increases his value.

Michael Boley OLB
(Southern Miss)
Too small? Who cares. This guy is a terror for offenses and the NFL will put at least 10 pounds on him rounding him out at a nice 6'2", 240. He is excellent in coverage as well. Just look at his college production.

I'll bet you a $100 McPherson never amounts to anything. :p:

playit12

Reaction score
Just a few thoughts on some of these guys...

Qwickdraw said:

Bill Swancutt DE
(Oregon State)

The speed rushers all looked like Freeny at the Senior Bowl, but honestly that probably had more to do with the O-Line not playing well together than anything else. Also there is a seriously lack of foot speed in the Offensive Tackles this year.

I think Swancutt is a few steps behind athletically from the other speed rushers. He's also a little undersized that's a bad combination. Not quite fast enough to beat people with his speed and not quite stong enough to be able to play between the Guards and Tackles. Also word is he relies too much on his spin move to compenstate for a lack of great speed.

I really prefer high motor guys like Swancutt but I think he's going to be a liability in run blocking and yet won't be the ideal pash rusher as he can have trouble getting over powered at the line.

I'd rather take someone with more physical skills like Merriman and teach him the moves and stunts, than someone like Bill who knows the moves but doesn't have the same upside.

Qwickdraw said:
Vincent Jackson WR
(Northern Colorado)

Wow I really like this guy. Saw him catch balls at the combine and was very impressed by his soft hands. However, having said that.... His 40 times were good but he ran differently for them than he did in his routes. For his routes he runs with quicker feet and shorter stride (I'm sure his reciever's tutor taught him that) but he long strided for the 40. He certainly won't be stretching the field in a game situation.

Things I did like were his attitude, ability to be taught, and very soft hands for a big man. He catches a bit like Todd Heap. I'd love to draft him as a poor mans Mike Williams, but he'd have trouble getting on the field for the Cowboys as anything other than Key's backup. I really think if Bill drafts VJ he'll be moved to TE. And what do we need with another TE with soft hands? Before Witten I would have loved to have a guy like this though.

Qwickdraw said:
Adrian McPherson QB

He improved his speed at his pro-day into the range that people were expecting so he's back on the radar for some teams. We won't draft this guy because he doesn't fit Bill's offensive mind. We don't take dual threats after Carter. Having said that I hope he finds a team and does well in the NFL. I really like to see stories about guys who screw up and then turn their life around without too much complaining. He certainly seems to have done that. What will hold him back in the pro's is not having seen many defensive schemes. He needs to sit for a year or two and learn to play an NFL offense. [/QUOTE]

Qwickdraw said:
Gerald Sensabaugh FS
(North Carolina)

I watched all the FS pretty close and certainly saw quite a bit of Gearld at the combine. He looked markedly slower than the top level competition. He was not as quick on the swivel and lacked the closing speed of some of the other guys. Mind you this does not mean he didn't look athletic in the Shuttle or 40, just that he wasn't as fluid in translating that to the positional drills. I think he's a project but could be a good starter one day. Physically I'd play him at the slot or CB before Safety if I could teach him how to move. As for fundamentals, he was somewhere in the middle of the pack.

I could really see Dallas getting him.[/QUOTE]

Qwickdraw said:
Michael Boley OLB
(Southern Miss)

Don't know anything about him.

JGleas

Draft Expert
Reaction score
playit12 said:
Don't know anything about him.
I got to see a lot of Michael Boley and I have been pretty impressed. Has dropped a bit lately, but should still be solid day 1 pick. He excels in coverage and always has a nose for the ball. Got to see him go against RB DeAngelo Williams from Memphis and that was a great match-up. He is fast and can also stop the run and get after the QB. He does however need to get bigger and bulk up. A good 10-15 lbs. of muscle and he could be something special.

dstew60105

Reaction score
<<Vincent Jackson WR
(Northern Colorado)
I don't care what division he played in or how small it was. At 6'5", 230 lbs and a 4.46 40, this guy could be dominant. Especially in the red zone. He's regarded as like the 15th best WR in the draft. I'd say he's about the 8th IMO. Huge upside. Long arms, long legs and huge hands. He has been very productive as a kick returner as well.>>

Mike Mayock was talking him up last night on NFL Playbook. Looks interesting.
Got a nice size/speed combo.