Video: UNDISPUTED | Bucky Brooks: Cowboys draft loading up on Defense, Dak Prescott's team is favorite SB

cowboyec

Reaction score
we didn't take parsons over surtain.
surtain was off the board.

kelvin joseph leading up to the draft was talked about as a possible mid-late first rd pick.
last i looked...its not a crime to put out a rap album.

bucky brooks is one of my favorite analysts.
firm but fair.
thats all i ask.
no agendas.

cowboyec

Reaction score
micah parsons was the highest rated player on the board @10.
they trade back 2 spots...gain an extra 3rd rd pick...and still get parsons.
any other team would get praised for that.

morasp

Reaction score

kelvin joseph leading up to the draft was talked about as a possible mid-late first rd pick.

firm but fair.
thats all i ask.
no agendas.
He's cool as a cucumber too. I probably wouldn't have been as polite.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

firm but fair.
thats all i ask.
no agendas.

Well, putting out a rap album at age 20 is no big deal in itself. But Joseph has put out 6 albums which makes you wonder about his commitment to football. It could turn into a Jaylon Smith situation where the guy is all about self promotion and always distracted by his off field ventures.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Bucky is so calm and cool.
Love it

He's gotten better over time too.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Well, putting out a rap album at age 20 is no big deal in itself. But Joseph has put out 6 albums which makes you wonder about his commitment to football. It could turn into a Jaylon Smith situation where the guy is all about self promotion and always distracted by his off field ventures.
if skip had said it like that,i'd agree.
but he lumped it in with "character concerns".
im just saying putting out albums might make you wonder about his focus...but it certainly isn't a character concern.
it didnt stop any of the draft experts a month ago talking about him being a late 1 or early 2.
thats my point.
skip acts like we took a kid a round or 3 too soon and that just isnt true.
at that spot in the 2nd...most had him as the best available corner.
i prefered samuel...but have no problem with joseph.

cowboyec

Reaction score
all i need on draft weekend is louis riddick,bucky brooks and mel kiper,jr.
thats it.
just those 3 and mel's big board.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Or it doesn’t.

morasp

Reaction score
I could be overconfident but I think with MM and DQ the locker room is going to be different then when Garrett was here. I don't think those guys will put up with that stuff, MM wasn't afraid to cut guys mid season last year and it seemed to help. Didn't Cole Beasley make that music? After he went to Buffalo he turned into a pretty good player for them.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

firm but fair.
thats all i ask.
no agendas.
You’re missing the fact he was asked to leave two schools. It has nothing to do with rap albums.

cowboyec

Reaction score
You’re missing the fact he was asked to leave two schools. It has nothing to do with rap albums.
no im not.
im refering to how skip lumped them together.
my comments are about what skip said.
what your refering to is my biggest concern and why or one of the reasons why i prefered asante samuel.
but my comments are a response to skip making the albums a character issue.
its not.

cowboyec

Reaction score
at the end of the day...none of that matters.
he's a helluva player who hopefully seizes this opportunity and emerges CB2 opposite CB1.
we need him to.
im rootn" like hell for him.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I could be overconfident but I think with MM and DQ the locker room is going to be different then when Garrett was here. I don't think those guys will put up with that stuff, MM wasn't afraid to cut guys mid season last year and it seemed to help. Didn't Cole Beasley make that music? After he went to Buffalo he turned into a pretty good player for them.
Dan Quinn is going to lay down the law with his defensive players. Don't be surprised if he snatches D Law's gold Hot Boyz chain and bans that crap from the facilities.