Video: Undisputed - Skip Bayless on the Cowboys decision to not re-sign Aldon Smith

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Seems pretty obvious it is because Gregory is the better player and will get most of the snaps opposite of Tank.

It just wasn't worth it unless he was willing to sign a team friendly deal.

Mannix

Reaction score
So it was worth the money to keep Jaclyn around? Booger truly amazes me the way he gets soooo attached to the trash that he acquires.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Aldon was simply not worth the trouble going forward based off of his lackluster performances. He really tailed off and became invisible. It was a good business decision by Dallas to move on. I think they got all they were gonna get out of him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Seattle wanted to trade for Aldon in October AFTER Dak’s injury. Probably could have gotten a 5th or 6th round pick for him. Now we get nothing. BRILLIANT!!
Good point. Another case and point of Dallas waiting too long out of their loyalty at the time for the player,instead of making the prudent football decision that was best for the team. Instead they stubbornly tried to fit a square peg into a round hole expecting it to get better. Its what we do.AGREE.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think their intention in October was to keep Aldon. Something happened with his play later in the season, I guess this is when they decided to move on.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I saw him as a perfect fit in Nolans scheme.

Maybe the only player we had who was.

That also makes him not a fit under Quinn that way I see it.

Gregory should get most of the snaps oppo DLaw, and Anae should be capable of rotating in.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Seems pretty obvious it is because Gregory is the better player and will get most of the snaps opposite of Tank.

It just wasn't worth it unless he was willing to sign a team friendly deal.
Had Gregory not played for 4 consecutive years, he wouldn't be the better player either. Smith should just retire. He literally ran out of gas last season. Good decision letting him walk.

Jipper

Reaction score
Seattle wanted to trade for Aldon in October AFTER Dak’s injury. Probably could have gotten a 5th or 6th round pick for him. Now we get nothing. BRILLIANT!!

and if we had won the nfce and made the playoffs and he was a part of it then it would have been smart....hindsight is always 2020....I have no issue playing to win and not trading a player for a late round pick

visionary

Reaction score

last year once Dak got injured i Saud to try and trade Aldon and Awuzie for whatever we could get. Both were going to walk this year and they did

This FO is so stupid it is mind boggling at times

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So it was worth the money to keep Jaclyn around? Booger truly amazes me the way he gets soooo attached to the trash that he acquires.
I assume you are referring to Jaylon. Jaylon is under contract, which is a different situation than Aldon Smith.

starfan1

Reaction score
I believe besides the fact that Aldon past the first few games was a non factor I am hearing something happened around thanksgiving that has also had the FO with cause for concern. more off field stuff i believe Fish is reporting. For me Im out on the guy he isnt that good and while Gregory has baggage as well but he's produced pretty consistently when heir Goddell hasn't taken him off the field. Skip Balless was all I needed to see I didnt even listen

Creeper

Reaction score
I know nothing about Aldon Smith other than what he did on the field. So all these rumors about some off the field stuff do not factor into my thinking. It was clear at the end of the year he was "plodding" as Skip says. He looked really slow. Maybe it was muscle fatigue. But why did Dallas keep him on the field? They had Randy Gregory who made more of an impact when he was in there.

No advocating for or against Aldon Smith, but the Cowboys are thin at DE and Gregory is a match, a rolling paper, and some weed away from getting suspended again. And that paper is very thin. Basham is just a guy. They are in need fo more depth at the position.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

It's a country club and keeping the team relevant is enough to get you paid like a Superbowl Champion.

That is the standard we reward.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i disagree with skip on basham.
i liked him coming out of ohio.
i think he's just barely scratched the surface of what he can be.
young,athletic...good size.

and watkins i believe will be a DT under Quinn and is possibly viewed as Crawford's replacement...not Smith's.
Randy is Smith's replacement.

funny how skip and shannon keep ripping Dallas for doing the very thing they praise other teams for.

for someone who claims to be a Cowboys fan...he sure knows little.