Video: Undisputed: Skip on his Cowboys' win vs. WFT, Micah Parsons & Dak Prescott

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
One word to describe Dak Prescott. "Incontinence"
The guy has been crapping the bed :(
Just when the defense has come into its own, this guy can't control his bowels :facepalm:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I keep asking fellow posters to name the bad throws/plays from Dak, but all I hear is the 2 INTs which 1 was not Dak's fault.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Can’t believe I’m saying this but Shannon Sharpe made a lot of good points about the Cowboys.

He actually called out Dak and he is a Dak apologist. He also said we have the best defensive line in football. He also called out the Cowboys for not sitting Zeke.

Good to see some common sense finally.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I keep asking fellow posters to name the bad throws/plays from Dak, but all I hear is the 2 INTs which 1 was not Dak's fault.
Which one wasn't Dak's fault? I like Dak, but both seemed to be his fault.

As for what he did wrong aside from the INT's, in general he held the ball too long instead of making quick, decisive reads like he did earlier in the year, he tried to force some throws that he was lucky weren't picked off, and he didn't find a way to make drive sustaining plays often enough. Overall just not much consistency.

I say this, and I am not one of the "Dak haters" people talk about. Again, I like Dak, but it's okay to admit if he doesn't play well.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Which one wasn't Dak's fault? I like Dak, but both seemed to be his fault.

As for what he did wrong aside from the INT's, in general he held the ball too long instead of making quick, decisive reads like he did earlier in the year, he tried to force some throws that he was lucky weren't picked off, and he didn't find a way to make drive sustaining plays often enough. Overall just not much consistency.

I say this, and I am not one of the "Dak haters" people talk about. Again, I like Dak, but it's okay to admit if he doesn't play well.
Ex-TE turned game commentator, Greg Olsen, said that pick-6 was on Schultz, not Dak. He said Schultz was supposed to keep running into the area (flat) that CeeDee had cleared up (led the CB away), especially with a LB trailing Schultz. He said had Schultz kept running into the flat area, he would have been out in the open and given Dak an open lane to throw the ball, instead of stopping behind the jumping DE who was in between him and Dak. That's the way I saw it. Are you saying Olsen was wrong?

The 1st interception most certainly was on Dak.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Ex-TE turned game commentator, Greg Olsen, said that pick-6 was on Schultz, not Dak. He said Schultz was supposed to keep running into the area (flat) that CeeDee had cleared up (led the CB away), especially with a LB trailing Schultz. He said had Schultz kept running into the flat area, he would have been out in the open and given Dak an open lane to throw the ball, instead of stopping behind the jumping DE who was in between him and Dak. That's the way I saw it. Are you saying Olsen was wrong?

Its on Dak and yes Schultz sat down in a zone and was not right to do it, but Dak needed to send that to the 6th row unless he just didnt see the LB which again is on Dak. He did another roll out and run out of bounds behind the LOS yesterday, it was only a yard but damn throw the ball into the stands when your outside the box and the play is not there. Dak had a bad game, he will come back this year and be fine though...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You are misrepresenting what Olson said. He did not say Dak bears no blame, and in fact said a couple of times that Dak failed to see the defender cutting underneath, which is his responsibility. He did say he would like to have seen Schultz keep moving, so it's not unfair to say Olsen felt that was a contributing factor, but he did not absolve Dak from blame for not seeing the LB cutting in front.

In addition, if you go back and look at the play, Dak pulled up and started his throwing motion at just about the same moment Schultz was settling into the spot, and he threw right at that spot with no indication he was planning on Schultz continuing to move. If he expected Schultz to keep moving he could have kept rolling out to get beyond the DE so he didn't have to throw around the DE, but he pulled up expecting to make the throw to that spot.

But even if you ignore that and believe the receiver didn't go where expected, this wasn't a case of Dak throwing to a spot and the receiver failed to get there. He threw the ball to where the receiver was, and it's still on him to be aware of the defense.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You are misrepresenting what Olson said. He did not say Dak bears no blame, and in fact said a couple of times that Dak failed to see the defender cutting underneath, which is his responsibility. He did say he would like to have seen Schultz keep moving, so it's not unfair to say Olsen felt that was a contributing factor, but he did not absolve Dak from blame for not seeing the LB cutting in front.

In addition, if you go back and look at the play, Dak pulled up and started his throwing motion at just about the same moment Schultz was settling into the spot, and he threw right at that spot with no indication he was planning on Schultz continuing to move. If he expected Schultz to keep moving he could have kept rolling out to get beyond the DE so he didn't have to throw around the DE, but he pulled up expecting to make the throw to that spot.

But even if you ignore that and believe the receiver didn't go where expected, this wasn't a case of Dak throwing to a spot and the receiver failed to get there. He threw the ball to where the receiver was, and it's still on him to be aware of the defense.
How can any QB see the LB cutting across when you have a big DE jumping in front of you while your TE stops directly behind him?

Dak was actually setting his feet and squaring his shoulders to make the throw.

BigD_95

Reaction score

this is just too funny. I like Dak and I want him to be a top QB and I was happy they paid him.

but to act like Dak hasn’t been anything but awful lately is a joke. To make excuses for a guy getting paid 70 million this year is just laughable.

Dak has been awful. I admit it. It’s time to just admit it and hope he can het things turned around.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How can any QB see the LB cutting across when you have a big DE jumping in front of you while your TE stops directly behind him?

Dak was actually setting his feet and squaring his shoulders to make the throw.
It's not a defense for a QB to say "A guy was in the way and made it hard to see but I decided to throw anyway without knowing if there was a defender cutting in front to pick it off".

Of course, Dak didn't say that. After the game he said he has to know to throw that ball away instead of throwing blindly.

As for Schultz being directly behind the DE, I don't know if 10-15 yards downfield qualifies as "directly behind", but it's a lot easier to see it watching replays on a screen than as a receiver out on a route trying to find a hole in the defensive backfield, and with lots of bodies in motion closer to the line of scrimmage. Dak and the DE weren't stationary objects, and Schultz couldn't know exactly where either were going to be positioned when Dak stopped to throw.

Maxmadden

Reaction score

I will oversimplify this just for you.

You are responsible for where your load goes.