CFZ Unfortunate, but keep our chins up

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It's unfortunate that we lost, but let's keep our chins up. We played a very good team. I know we don't like the Eagles, but they played a heck of a game and have a solid team. Also, we can't expect to win when we turn the ball over 3 times. Especially against that team. However, I saw things that worked against them that may have helped expose them. One of which being that, if we time our blitzes correctly, then Hurts is vulnerable. We also found ways to beat their secondary.

As for areas of improvement, one of them is going to take effect next week. I know we like Rush, and so do I. However, he's not a full-time starter. As a backup, he's been brilliant. Even tonight, he played a decent game aside from the 3 interceptions. However, let's face it, we don't score much with him. I think we can expect more points from Dak because he's a full-time starter and some of the throws Rush attempted and missed on (like the 3rd interception) are ones a player like Dak can be expected to hit. So, that's an area that I should think we will improve.

Another area is penalties and controlling emotions. Yes, I love the fire that our players play with such as Micah. However, they need to play smarter. This isn't the same NFL as 10+ years ago where you can smack talk your rivals. It'll get flagged. Our players can't let emotions cause them to make stupid errors. The penalties were our biggest killer, aside from the turnovers. Smarter play and better discipline could've won this game.

Fortunately, we play them again in Dallas and may again in the playoffs. I expect us to play better then.

Proof

Reaction score
fortunately we’ve been playing with house money relatively speaking. on our schedule i’d want to beat the eagles over anyone else, but i can live with 4-1 over the last 5. this was an odd game and i can take some positives from it

JBond

Reaction score
It's unfortunate that we lost, but let's keep our chins up. We played a very good team. I know we don't like the Eagles, but they played a heck of a game and have a solid team. Also, we can't expect to win when we turn the ball over 3 times. Especially against that team. However, I saw things that worked against them that may have helped expose them. One of which being that, if we time our blitzes correctly, then Hurts is vulnerable. We also found ways to beat their secondary.

As for areas of improvement, one of them is going to take effect next week. I know we like Rush, and so do I. However, he's not a full-time starter. As a backup, he's been brilliant. Even tonight, he played a decent game aside from the 3 interceptions. However, let's face it, we don't score much with him. I think we can expect more points from Dak because he's a full-time starter and some of the throws Rush attempted and missed on (like the 3rd interception) are ones a player like Dak can be expected to hit. So, that's an area that I should think we will improve.

Another area is penalties and controlling emotions. Yes, I love the fire that our players play with such as Micah. However, they need to play smarter. This isn't the same NFL as 10+ years ago where you can smack talk your rivals. It'll get flagged. Our players can't let emotions cause them to make stupid errors. The penalties were our biggest killer, aside from the turnovers. Smarter play and better discipline could've won this game.

Fortunately, we play them again in Dallas and may again in the playoffs. I expect us to play better then.
On the pass Parsons defensed the Eagles choked whoever came up the middle. That play pissed me off. 10 penalties compared to two. Refs just wanted to make it alive out of that dump or had money on the game.

Different sport but Pete Rose has to be pissed that Cincinnati has installed a sports betting group in the stadium.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
On the pass Parsons defensed the Eagles choked whoever came up the middle. That play pissed me off. 10 penalties compared to two. Refs just wanted to make it alive out of that dump or had money on the game.

The ref,.whose name i think is Hussey, has a tendency to be a bit biased. However, we still made some bad penalties that we need to clean up.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
fortunately we’ve been playing with house money relatively speaking. on our schedule i’d want to beat the eagles over anyone else, but i can live with 4-1 over the last 5. this was an odd game and i can take some positives from it

Same, especially since we were playing with a backup. We found a formula that works, and I expect Dak to be able to make passes that Rush wouldn't such as the ball he missed that should have gone to Gallup that he threw to the sidelines. I think Dak should help in those.areas. That said, we must continue to run the ball. It works, and it's the identity of our offense.

TheCritic

Reaction score
Great post! I wasn't expecting a win. But I also wasn't expecting our D to give up those early TDs, which to me changed how the Cowboys offense was going to play tonight. I was actually impressed how we battled back and got within 3 points. I don't entirely blame Rush. Naysayers say Rush got exposed. I say no our LT got exposed big time. He's not ready to handle the better pass rushers out there.

catiii

Reaction score
Dallas just isn't that good on O or D. Tonight they were completely exposed.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Great post! I wasn't expecting a win. But I also wasn't expecting our D to give up those early TDs, which to me changed how the Cowboys offense was going to play tonight. I was actually impressed how we battled back and got within 3 points. I don't entirely blame Rush. Naysayers say Rush got exposed. I say no our LT got exposed big time. He's not ready to handle the better pass rushers out there.

I don't think he got exposed. I think Rush has been brilliant. I just think that a player of his caliber is a bit like a Nick Foles or a Ryan Fitzpatrick. If you need him to backup and keep your season afloat, he can do that. If you need him to be the long term starter, that's not what he's used for. Dak is a starting QB. Also, the penalties killed our team. Playing smarter would have helped.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
i hate losing to division rivals.
but this season as a whole...and ours in particular are far from over.
hopefully we take out our anger on the lions and bears the next 2 weeks and go into the bye at 6-2.
i'll take that and wish for the best down the stretch.

And it can be useful for Dak to find a rhythm against teams that he should beat before we play Green Bay.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Back to silly penalties was not great to see.
Play with passion but be smart

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I think that Mike should have the likes of Bob Lilly and Randy White come in to talk to our defence. If they want to be the Doomsday D, maybe it's time they hear from the Doomsday D on how to become that again. Perhaps the players might learn a few tricks that worked then that can work now.
Like it when the old stars work with current players.