CFZ Unfortunate, but keep our chins up

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
It's unfortunate that we lost, but let's keep our chins up. We played a very good team. I know we don't like the Eagles, but they played a heck of a game and have a solid team. Also, we can't expect to win when we turn the ball over 3 times. Especially against that team. However, I saw things that worked against them that may have helped expose them. One of which being that, if we time our blitzes correctly, then Hurts is vulnerable. We also found ways to beat their secondary.

As for areas of improvement, one of them is going to take effect next week. I know we like Rush, and so do I. However, he's not a full-time starter. As a backup, he's been brilliant. Even tonight, he played a decent game aside from the 3 interceptions. However, let's face it, we don't score much with him. I think we can expect more points from Dak because he's a full-time starter and some of the throws Rush attempted and missed on (like the 3rd interception) are ones a player like Dak can be expected to hit. So, that's an area that I should think we will improve.

Another area is penalties and controlling emotions. Yes, I love the fire that our players play with such as Micah. However, they need to play smarter. This isn't the same NFL as 10+ years ago where you can smack talk your rivals. It'll get flagged. Our players can't let emotions cause them to make stupid errors. The penalties were our biggest killer, aside from the turnovers. Smarter play and better discipline could've won this game.

Fortunately, we play them again in Dallas and may again in the playoffs. I expect us to play better then.

I disagree, I didn’t see any smack talk from Micah. I was very impressed with how he talked to the media about not getting too high or too low and taking it in stride.. And he always shows a lot of respect to his opponents. Same for Diggs. And both of them showed their emotions on the field today.

The only smack talk I saw was Tank and his ‘Dem Boys’ junk, bringing back that hot boys talk.

I like the character of our team these days. Even Cooper was super neutral. I don’t see people getting ahead of themselves this year, or like I saw in the past with the Hollywood Dallas Cowboys.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Tricks of the trade

Exactly, as the Beatles said, there's nothing you can know that isn't known. There's nothing you can see that isn't shown. In other words, there's nothing the players could learn that isn't taught to them. Perhaps the experts can teach them how to be the Doomsday D that they have the capability of becoming.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I disagree, I didn’t see any smack talk from Micah. I was very impressed with how he talked to the media about not getting too high or too low and taking it in stride.. And he always shows a lot of respect to his opponents. Same for Diggs. And both of them showed their emotions on the field today.

The only smack talk I saw was Tank and his ‘Dem Boys’ junk, bringing back that hot boys talk.

I like the character of our team these days. Even Cooper was super neutral. I don’t see people getting ahead of themselves this year, or like I saw in the past with the Hollywood Dallas Cowboys.

I do too, but, unfortunately, the NFL is much softer than that of the 90s. Unfortunately, even if it is a division rival game, you can't be even acting like you're smack talking, or they'll call it.