Double the yardage
Double the time of possession

and we barely won.....

what sounds better?
Barely won
Almost Won

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
This was the you have 11 probowl players and we have none revenge game.

We won, case closed.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I didn't see it as barely won. I never felt that Carolina had a chance at winning even though the score was close. Scores are close all the time in the NFL. Dallas had control of the game on both sides of the ball.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Teague31;1851281 said:
Double the plays
Double the yardage
Double the time of possession

and we barely won.....
Check out the 1991 box score stats of the Lions vs. the Cowboys in the regular season and the post season.

Would those results have made you happier?

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
joseephuss;1852398 said:
I didn't see it as barely won. I never felt that Carolina had a chance at winning even though the score was close. Scores are close all the time in the NFL. Dallas had control of the game on both sides of the ball.
:hammer:

hmcorp

Reaction score
well...when we are missing 2 key special teamers...AND we give them the 40 yard line nearly all game and only give up 13 points...its not so bad.

dallas could have scored a lot more too.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
joseephuss;1852398 said:
Yeah, same here, never felt it was close or threatened. So I'm not sure how the thread starter came up with "Barely won" comment.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
joseephuss;1852398 said:

Exactly. I felt the same way.

It's kind of like a good NBA team. Sometimes in the course of a long season, an inferior team will hang with them for a while, but they have that little bit in reserve they can use to win at the end. Football's different because there are only 16 games, but still, in the course of a long season, you're just not going to be at your best every minute of every week. But that doesn't mean you aren't going to win.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1852552 said:
Exactly. I felt the same way.

It's kind of like a good NBA team. Sometimes in the course of a long season, an inferior team will hang with them for a while, but they have that little bit in reserve they can use to win at the end. Football's different because there are only 16 games, but still, in the course of a long season, you're just not going to be at your best every minute of every week. But that doesn't mean you aren't going to win.

I love when someone references the Spurs....great call Lab

TVMan

Reaction score
Hostile;1852499 said:
Check out the 1991 box score stats of the Lions vs. the Cowboys in the regular season and the post season.

Would those results have made you happier?
:hammer:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Honestly, since about the halfway mark of the season, we have been bad teams super bowl.

Washington, Detroit, Philly, and now Carolina... they pulled out all stops and threw everything they had at us. They played full tilt and still only Philly was able to come out with a victory... and that probably wouldn't have happened if Romo didn't hurt his thumb.

We've been taking teams best shots for a while now. Early in the season, we weren't considered the beast of the conference... so teams didn't play their superbowl against us. Now though... we're everyone's measuring stick when we play them.

We went to Carolina... a team that just put Seattle away... and in a hostile environment where the whole crowd had faces of Simpson and was making fun of that whole thing... and we played without Gurode, Williams, Watkins and part of the way without T.O.... and we still won. We played part of the time without Newman and Ratliff and we still won.

That was a very difficult game to win and we came out of there with a pretty easy victory.

We should be proud of the team. They dug down deep and won a game they very easily could have lost... and would have had some good reasons if they had.

It was a game that very good teams win.

Be happy.

Reaction score
We had missed opprotunities all night, but obviously with the banged up secondary and TO going down the game plans kind of change. Sam Hurd doesnt come in for TO and get double and triple teamed everydown, taking away an extra pass rusher or giving other recievers and witten man coverage.
I think they handled that pretty well for on the fly.

The offense showed great ball control loved seein Barber get 20+ touches and 100+ yards. Our defense allowed 11 first downs all game. Very niiice.

Id consider a final second missed field goal by another team, dodging a bullet and barely winning. Having the ball the last 3 minutes and being in victory formation after the 2 minute warning taking knees.

and to add the the awesome "double" stats, if they had one less field goal we would have beaten them by double the points..

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
relax! road wins are hard enough in the NFL. the panthers were backed in a corner playing to stay alive. this was a solid win for our team.