Up late with stinkin' back pain again

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Back pain sucks. It's from an old sports injury. My doctor prescribed a muscle relaxant and hydrocodone, both of which help, but they have their down sides. I tend to konk out during the day if I've taken those things. Lie down for a 30-minute and end up sleeping for 3 hours. I've invested in some yoga wheels like the one you see in the photo. It does help to stretch out the back, but I just lie on it. There are other yoga exercises using that wheel that I should probably learn.

A chiropractic adjustment can usually give me temporary relief, but that's the rub. It's temporary, so if you keep going back again and again it really adds up. I pretty much just live with pain and do some things to take the edge off. Ice on the back can help too. Of course, it's temporary. I wish I could trade this back in for a better one.

yoga-wheelcropped.jpg

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I can totally relate and most of my problems have been in the Cervical Spine.
Got a inversion table which really had no effect which really wasn't surprising as they are mainly for lower/mid back problems.
Steroid shots were a total waste of money and only provided a day or 2 of relief at most.
Physical therapy and stretches really help, check out Bob and Brad on YT who have an amazing wealth of treatments and stretches for the lower/mid/upper back.
Bob & Brad - YouTube

Also use this stuff which is the best i have found for pain, whether it be cremes or mild painkillers/tylenol/aleve.
Hope some of this helps, good luck!
041167751428-1a-VB-01494-1610588790.png

morasp

Reaction score
I have an osteo-arthitic hip and knee. It was time to get a new matress so I did a lot of research and purchased the Casper Original mattress. I can't believe the difference it made, I used to wake up stiff and sore but that has pretty much gone away since I got this mattress.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Back pain sucks. It's from an old sports injury. My doctor prescribed a muscle relaxant and hydrocodone, both of which help, but they have their down sides. I tend to konk out during the day if I've taken those things. Lie down for a 30-minute and end up sleeping for 3 hours. I've invested in some yoga wheels like the one you see in the photo. It does help to stretch out the back, but I just lie on it. There are other yoga exercises using that wheel that I should probably learn.

A chiropractic adjustment can usually give me temporary relief, but that's the rub. It's temporary, so if you keep going back again and again it really adds up. I pretty much just live with pain and do some things to take the edge off. Ice on the back can help too. Of course, it's temporary. I wish I could trade this back in for a better one.

yoga-wheelcropped.jpg
Some exercises to strengthen your core will probably help.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I can totally relate and most of my problems have been in the Cervical Spine.
Got a inversion table which really had no effect which really wasn't surprising as they are mainly for lower/mid back problems.
Steroid shots were a total waste of money and only provided a day or 2 of relief at most.
Physical therapy and stretches really help, check out Bob and Brad on YT who have an amazing wealth of treatments and stretches for the lower/mid/upper back.
Bob & Brad - YouTube

Also use this stuff which is the best i have found for pain, whether it be cremes or mild painkillers/tylenol/aleve.
Hope some of this helps, good luck!
041167751428-1a-VB-01494-1610588790.png

Thanks. Will check both those things out. That Youtube channel looks like a gold mine of good info, especially the vid "crack your own back."

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If it is lower back, get a very firm king size pillow and put between your legs for side sleeping and under your knees for back sleeping and no sleeping on your stomach.

There are some very simple PT exercises that both strengthen your core and stretch it and make sure you stretch out your hammies. I found that to give me the most relief because mine are really tight.

I had an inversion table and that helped while I was on it but I got a little too adventurous with it watching some brainless youngbody using weights while hanging like a bat and decided to try that. Next thing I know, my wife is slapping me around and I yelled "what the hell did I do now"? She yelled back "you passed out. I swear, I can't leave you alone for a minute, you're worse than both the boys combined". I felt that everything after "out" was unnecessary and overkill but she was really scared when she found me. However, that got my attention and when I no longer had her as my spotter, I gave the table away.

Londonboy

Reaction score

yoga-wheelcropped.jpg
Sorry to hear that Y'allz ahurtin Bruv.

On the plus side, at least Your meds side-effects aren't too bad, some muscle relaxants have been known to cause paranoid delusions, some People even become convinced that celebrities are stalking them, be glad that hasn't happened to You.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Y'allz ahurtin Bruv.

On the plus side, at least Your meds side-effects aren't too bad, some muscle relaxants have been known to cause paranoid delusions, some People even become convinced that celebrities are stalking them, be glad that hasn't happened to You.

Ahhh, that's a lame excuse. The people who think they're being stalked by celebrities are a bunch of losers and bozos, but they try to blame it on their meds. So pathetic. I'm counting my blessings that I'm not anything like them, those pathetic dufuses.

timb2

Reaction score
This week and last I got hurt at work. Sprain back. I have therapy they those things electrodes that Bruce Lee always like to wear. They put that on my back and it helps. Also yoga. My left leg gives me trouble also,so I need to strengthen it. Leg lifts. I'm about 50 % better,but it sucks. Back spasms, Moves at times the ache

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score

yoga-wheelcropped.jpg
Have you tried physical therapy? Did wonders for my herniated disks, celiac joint and spinal arthritis. Treated at different times and now managed all together with proper diet, stretching and weight lifting. Your core, hamstrings and quads can create a lot of back issues when neglected. I wish I hadn't waited as long as I did to get myself mended to where I could get into the gym. Ten years later, I deal with bouts of discomfort but have managed to remain active and strong.

Did that lovely arch come with the yoga wheel?

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Have you tried physical therapy? Did wonders for my herniated disks, celiac joint and spinal arthritis. Treated at different times and now managed all together with proper diet, stretching and weight lifting. Your core, hamstrings and quads can create a lot of back issues when neglected. I wish I hadn't waited as long as I did to get myself mended to where I could get into the gym. Ten years later, I deal with bouts of discomfort but have managed to remain active and strong.

Did that lovely arch come with the yoga wheel?
If it did he will never recover but will be very happy for quite a while