Twitter: Update: JJ Wilcox mother passes away

calico

Reaction score
Definitely will throw words upstairs for her and the entire family. Bless her.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For a lil background on his mother and her medical issues: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/05/11/4843309/cowboys-rookie-safety-jj-wilcox.html

Marshell, 49, is on oxygen therapy, the result of scarring on her lungs. She began experiencing shortness of breath, fatigue, achy legs and coughing in 2000. She soldiered on, figuring it was the two jobs she was working that had sapped her.
She first was diagnosed with lupus, a chronic and lifelong autoimmune disease that causes the immune system to attack the body’s own tissue and organs. Marshell began using oxygen at night in 2008, but her breathing eventually got worse and she has required a machine full time since 2010.
She also has lung sarcoidosis, a syndrome involving abnormal collections of chronic inflammatory cells that can form as nodules in the lungs. Marshell, her body too weakened to fight, was in the hospital with pneumonia shortly before the draft.
She has been getting treatment in Tallahassee, Fla., but Marshell has an appointment at the Emory Lupus Clinic in Atlanta on Tuesday.
“I want to get her to the best treatment she deserves,” J.J. said. “She’s a strong lady, and she definitely deserves the best. I’m going to fight for her, make sure she gets it.”

rockj7

Reaction score
JJ is a stronger man then me based on hearing this, this had to be on his mind Friday and he in my very humble opinion played well

reddyuta

Reaction score
JJ is a brave man,i dot know how i would fare at work if my mom was going through this.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/05/11/4843309/cowboys-rookie-safety-jj-wilcox.html

Not sure where the cancer part is coming from but she has lupus and sarcoidosis. Has to be severe lupus to cause this much trouble. Don't know the current rules on lung transplants and the lupus may preclude that.

Still no matter why she's in trouble and our hearts and prayers go out to her and family. It would be difficult for me to not be by her side.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe his inspired play Friday was a dedication to his mom. I pray that she returns to health.

gambit187

Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family...everyday
Cowboy nation his family needs our prayers and love.
We got your back J.J.