Twitter: Update: JJ Wilcox mother passes away

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
That sucks heavy heart for JJ today. I am glad she is no longer in pain. JJ you have made your mama proud kid.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tom Orsborn ‏@tom_orsborn 2m
Garrett said rookie J.J. Wilcox's mother has died. "We have complete respect for what he's going through,"Garrett said.

Rowan Kavner ‏@KavnerDC 4m
JJ will not rejoin camp in California this week as he spends time with his family during tough time. Will rejoin team back in Dallas.

mike fisher ‏@fishsports 4m
Garrett reports the passing of JJ Wilcox mother. He will rejoin #cowboys in Dallas next week

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 5m
Jj Wilcox's mom passes away. He has been excused until team returns to Dallas

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow. I'm so sorry to hear this. It puts things in perspective. Thoughts and prayers.

arglebargle

Reaction score
Anyone who's experianced this sort of thing understands the tough times he and his family are going through. Condolences to JJ and family.

dstovall5

Reaction score
Very sad, prayers go out to Wilcox and his family. Take all the time you need JJ, there's a bigger picture then just football.

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
Hate these misunderstood diseases. Prayers go out to JJ and his family.

CxC1993

Reaction score
Prayers go out to him and his family during this difficult time.

gambit187

Reaction score
:( This is so wrong, I hurt for that young man.....I'm glad she got to see her son become a Cowboy.
Prayers to him and his family, I know he will play extra hard every Sunday.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I know we throw the word "HATE" around a lot on these forums, especially when talking about rival teams or players......however, we don't actually truly hate them......but I think we can all come together and agree to having a true HATRED of cancer. I feel really bad for JJ. My Dad passed away in 2011 cause of cancer and I still haven't fully gotten over his death, I doubt I ever will. I am also not ashamed to say that there are times that I get overly emotional and ball like a woman watching Steel Magnolias.

Also, I know we have been a bit critical of his play this preseason.....but considering he has only played the position one year, and also dealing with his mother's illness and the knowledge that she was probably day to day......it had to be hard to completely focus on football.

The one positive is that she is no longer in pain or suffering. She is at eternal peace.

Blue Eyed Devil

Reaction score
Aw man that sucks. I can only imagine what a 22 year old kid in his first NFL training camp is going through losing his mom. Strength to him to be able to handle all that.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
another positive, she got to see her son get drafted and fulfill his dream of becoming a player in the NFL.

Zordon

Reaction score
i tell ya this disease is the work of the devil. u can hardly find a family anymore that isn't affected by it.