Update Needed

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
update roster set player_status='very raw and not doing well' where player = 'Marcus Dixon";

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
yep, probably practice squad player, has to get stronger, etc

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
Should have probably used a select so that we know what the coaches think rather than nyc. Too late now unless someone wants to rollback the transaction.

kmp77

Reaction score
nyc;2176678 said:
update roster set player_status='very raw and not doing well' where player = 'Marcus Dixon";

nerds.jpg

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Tennione72;2176666 said:
Has anybody heard how the kid Dixon is doing in camp?

Ask MBIII. This is what Dixon felt like after getting some face to face time with MBIII the other day...
:abuseme:

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2176731 said:
Ask MBIII. This is what Dixon felt like after getting some face to face time with MBIII the other day...

whammy.jpg

It wasn't Dixon.

It was Tyson Smith.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2176731 said:
That was Tyson Smith.

I read one report that said he was coming on showing some flashes but the numbers are against him as far as the roster is concerned. I would think they try to put him on the practice squad but I suspect Miami is going to raid of us of a lot of these guys.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Dixon has apparently been forced to sit out today's practice due to back spasms. Not good.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I think Dixon makes the team. He is a young player, and he is big. Plus, he is just learning the game. Vela and Halpren noticed Dixon starting to come on and pick things up. The coaches have mentioned this development. If he shows enough in the practice games, I predict Dallas keeps him. Why?

Keeping Dixon on the all important defensive front will enable him to have an opportunity to replace Bowen after the Dolphins or Jets nab him. Bowen is as good as gone after this year.

If I was Dallas, I would plan for Bowen's exit now, and Dixon could be a find. If you put a guy that big on the practice squad, you may lose him for sure. I believe Dixon was a five star recruit out of Georgia.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
41gy#;2176802 said:
I could be wrong, but I think Dixon makes the team. He is a young player, and he is big. Plus, he is just learning the game. Vela and Halpren noticed Dixon starting to come on and pick things up. The coaches have mentioned this development. If he shows enough in the practice games, I predict Dallas keeps him. Why?

Keeping Dixon on the all important defensive front will enable him to have an opportunity to replace Bowen after the Dolphins or Jets nab him. Bowen is as good as gone after this year.

If I was Dallas, I would plan for Bowen's exit now, and Dixon could be a find. If you put a guy that big on the practice squad, you may lose him for sure. I believe Dixon was a five star recruit out of Georgia.

:D

I'll bet you eleventy billion dollars he doesn't make the 53 man roster. He's practice squad material at best....for now.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
41gy#;2176802 said:

You want Dixon over Bowen?

Bowen makes plays bro. He's in the rotation and he will be on the roster.

I think they are only keeping 6 D lineman. Spears, Canty, Tank, Bowen, Hatch and Ratliff. That will leave them an opportunity to keep 6 WR's or 6 CB's. Then Ellis or Spencer can always drop down and play some DE if there is an injury.

Dixon isn't making the 53 man roster. And I don't think anyone is going to come looking for him if he's on the PS.