Update on Moulds

doomsday81

Reaction score
I'm hearing he could be a Texan by week's end. From what I was told, the two sides have agreed to a contract in principle, now the Texans are talking to the Bills about compensation. It may just be smoke from an agent to get more teams to bite but that's what I'm hearing.

Ken

Reaction score
DCBoysfan said:
got link????
don't be a dope.

doomsday has a reliable source.

That is a good link for me.

Thanks Doomsday!

doomsday81

Reaction score
DCBoysfan said:
got link????

No link my friend. The team I work for had inquired about him so I was on the story and this is the latest info I got as of this afternoon. Like I said, it could be smoke to either get another team to up it's price or to get more teams involved but from what I was told, it appears likely he will be heading to Houston unless the Bills and Texans can't reach an agreement on compensation, which I was told won't be a problem because Buffalo wants to unload him as soon as possible.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
miamicowboy21 said:
Good news, as long as he dosent end up with the e-girls.

Competitively speaking, I would rather the Eagles get Moulds instead of Walker. In case you haven't noticed, Moulds is on a serious career decline, which is why I am glad we didn't go after him...I was telling Pheonix-Talon the other day that Walker is the better WR prospect and I still stand by it.

DawnOfANewD

Reaction score
What about FA Ricky Proehl as our 4th WR? He'd come way way cheaper than Moulds (at his age Proehl would probably accept a 1-year deal). Last year at the age of 37 he caught 25 catches for 441 yards for an amazing (for a 37-year old) 17.6 ypc. He keeps himself in great shape, has great hands, is an excellent route runner, and makes clutch catch after clutch catch when his team needs some crucial yards or a 1st-down. He's not the flashiest guy and he's used to being a complementary guy having almost always played in the shadow of star WR's so the other team's secondary just ignores him and he's allowed to just wander downfield virtually unimpeded.

lkelly

Reaction score
AAHHRoyWilliamsIsAfterMe! said:
What about FA Ricky Proehl as our 4th WR? He'd come way way cheaper than Moulds (at his age Proehl would probably accept a 1-year deal). Last year at the age of 37 he caught 25 catches for 441 yards for an amazing (for a 37-year old) 17.6 ypc. He keeps himself in great shape, has great hands, is an excellent route runner, and makes clutch catch after clutch catch when his team needs some crucial yards or a 1st-down. He's not the flashiest guy and he's used to being a complementary guy having almost always played in the shadow of star WR's so the other team's secondary just ignores him and he's allowed to just wander downfield virtually unimpeded.

For the love of all that's holy - please let Dallas start developing a WR that is closer to age 20 than age 30.

Is Jerry Rice available? Steve Largent? Bob Hayes?

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
AAHHRoyWilliamsIsAfterMe! said:
I doubt he is looking for any one year deals. He was ready to retire last year and his teammates talked him out of it. Why would he be looking to prolong a career that has already decided once that he was through with. Proehl is done and happy about it; Good Luck to him.

With the guys we have here Moulds is about the only WR available that I could see fitting in here. And I really feel like that he thinks he is still a starter. He would be a good stop gap for someone but we don't need a stop gap; we need a young guy who can help some now while developing into the starter in a couple of years.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
DCBoysfan said:
got link????
i wonder if some of you guys would ask for a LINK if someone reliable posted the earth revolves around the sun.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
chinch said:
i wonder if some of you guys would ask for a LINK if someone reliable posted the earth revolves around the sun.
That is just an unsubstanciated rumor. Everyone knows the world is flat and the sun revolves around it. Do you have a link to back it up? :D

Rumor

Reaction score
I wish there could be 123 of TO TG and EM...but that is wish*** thinking of course...