Update on My Mom

SinCityMex

angry1
Reaction score
Hostile;3422410 said:
She is headed to a hospital in Las Cruces, NM tomorrow to get the wounds on her legs treated with hyperbaric oxygen. I have complete faith in this system since is literally saved her life one time. Not sure how long she will be in the hospital. I may be making a sojourn over there to be with her.

Chief, get the sofa ready. :D
I hope she has fast recovery!

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Do your thing Bro.

She is strong, and this is just one more thing to overcome.

Best Wishes.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Give a kiss and hug from me old buddy and tell her we are rooting for her.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Her surgery was last night at 8:00 PM my time. They debrided the wounds and found no gangrene.

Huge sigh of relief.

Now she'll begin hyperbaric oxygen treatments and hopefully will make some progress.

Thanks all who prayed and lent support.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
...of you and your mother. A speedy recovery and blessings of good health from this point onward for her.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My thoughts are with your family, too, Hos. God bless.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
Your mother is still in my thoughts. My mother was bit by a brown recluse 6 times, 4 on her inside left thigh and 2 on her inside right thigh. It's a terrible thing to go through. Wish her luck and make sure you tell her she's got a very large group of people thinking of her.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Hostile;3428689 said:
Her surgery was last night at 8:00 PM my time. They debrided the wounds and found no gangrene.

Huge sigh of relief.

Now she'll begin hyperbaric oxygen treatments and hopefully will make some progress.

Thanks all who prayed and lent support.

All right, now she can start healing... this is the beginning of the end of this health crisis...

Excellent... make sure your Mom knows the Zone has "adopted" her... :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I got to see the wounds tonight. They look much better. She has a slight fever, but is doing well otherwise. In a day or so they may release her for outpatient care of the hyperbaric treatments. I'll have her at my house and will have to take her back and forth to those.

She won't be able to go home for a while. Maybe never. Tomorrow she has an interview with some folks from a housing authority who might be able to get her in the type of housing where she lives now, but here in Tucson.

If that could happen I would be so relieved. If it can't, I at least now know Doctors and clinics here who are determined to help her.

I finally feel like she will not lose her foot after seeing the improvement on her wounds. Now we just have to get those suckers healed up.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Hostile;3430325 said:
I got to see the wounds tonight. They look much better. She has a slight fever, but is doing well otherwise. In a day or so they may release her for outpatient care of the hyperbaric treatments. I'll have her at my house and will have to take her back and forth to those.

She won't be able to go home for a while. Maybe never. Tomorrow she has an interview with some folks from a housing authority who might be able to get her in the type of housing where she lives now, but here in Tucson.

If that could happen I would be so relieved. If it can't, I at least now know Doctors and clinics here who are determined to help her.

I finally feel like she will not lose her foot after seeing the improvement on her wounds. Now we just have to get those suckers healed up.

GREAT NEWS!!!

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Definitely good news, Hos. No gangrene is a great thing...my late grandfather on my mom's side lost half his foot to gangrene and later his leg up to his thigh. Very difficult to see.

Your mom's a trooper!