Update on Rico Gathers

Chappy

Reaction score
Gathers looks like an allpro in just the random stills of him catching the ball. As much as we know how hard it is to go from nothing to a starter, much less be an impact player, it's hard not to get excited about that guy's potential. It really sucks we lost a full year of development with him.

Totally agree and if all goes right Rico has the talent to dominate the TE position in the NFC.

We need him healthy and have to get him right for next season.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yeah he's awesome in preseason. maybe we just let him play in the preseason against 3rd stringers. Maybe they will start having playoffs in the preseason.. lmao

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Last edited:

ghst187

Reaction score
Totally agree and if all goes right Rico has the talent to dominate the TE position in the NFC.

We need him healthy and have to get him right for next season.

Agree. I think Uncle Rico could be something. If he looks anything like he did in preseason and improved from that he will add another dimension to the offense. I'm trying to contain my excitement for what I think he could be.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Gathers? the all-saving TE that will take the cowboys to the next 18 superbowls? the guy that has never yet played a down of football since high school and yet he is enamored as the next coming of.....wait, no one has EVER been as good as his projections by many on here...I can't make a comparison
I think Matt Johnson played one down of football during the regular season and was a candidate for the hall of fame!

Hadenough

Reaction score
I can't tell from that video if it was or wasn't - the camera followed the ball and Gathers wasn't in the picture until the ball was getting there, and simultaneously bodies were going to the ground. But even if it wasn't, sometimes there are flukes - a moderate hit contacting a particular spot can be more harmful than a harder hit in another spot.
Exactly! Just like a guy tears his ACL without being touched and even on film sometimes it doesnt look like much.