Twitter: Updated DPOY odds per MGM

JBS

Reaction score
It's 100% 'true'. He had far fewer pass rush opportunities in the Giants game than he had in either contest against Washington.

No, it is exactly the point.

As I've said, the usage both times vs Washington was great, as were the results for both him and the defense. Just ask Taylor Heinike.

micah parsons rushing the passer vs the New York giants directly led to 2 interceptions. He was a factor

shabazz

Reaction score
That may be. Watt's numbers are even more impressive based on his injuries and games missed this year. That may be too much to overcome, as well as some people feeling that the rookie of the year award is enough.

That makes sense. People naturally take into account spreading the awards to as many different players as possible.. Micah will win many more in the future at this pace

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
micah parsons rushing the passer vs the New York giants directly led to 2 interceptions. He was a factor

I never said he wasn't. I said he wasn't given as many pass rushing opportunities as he should have.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Some of y'all...do we care about stats or effectiveness?

I get it, watching him rush the passer and get 2 sacks is awesome

But some of his plays where he nullifies a swing pass that would have gone for 10-15 yards don't show up on the stat sheet

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The thread is about trying to get him DPOY and playing him how we have the last couple of weeks is not the way.

This week is basically make or break.

It’s going to be difficult to bad stats on Hurts because he will run a lot and Micah is just going to accumulate tackles mostly.

Micah needs to get into the end zone to win this I think..With the 2 opponents we have left it will be hard to outsack Watt..Both teams will need a spy and most likley that will be #11. We shall see..kids special though thats for sure.

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
I want him to win this so bad.

I hope he gets after the QB these next two games and locks it up.

A nice two sack game with FF or an INT will lock it up.

If they can get over the Dallas Cowboys hate, but I don't think they will give to Micah at this point. He deserves it.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
LOLLLL at T.J. Watt being the front-runner.

I knew it.
:laugh:

In 2008, When DeMarcus Ware had 20 sacks and outplayed James Harrison, the excuse for why Harrison easily won DPOY was, “Well, Ware’s team isn’t very good and the Steelers D is also ranked higher than the Cowboys D!”

(Never mind the fact that Drew Brees won OPOY and the Saints had the same 8-8 record we did... the new standard for DPOY is that team success counts!!! But it doesn’t apply to OPOY for some reason!!!)

Earlier this season, someone here created a thread about the DPOY award. I brought up the 2008 season and concluded that they will NOT give the award to a Dallas Cowboy unless they absolutely have to.

Fast forward to 2021... and now T.J. Watt is the favorite... because even though the Steelers are .500 (like 2008 Ware’s team was), and even though the Steelers D is inferior to ours, WATT HAS THE MOST SACKS SO HE’S DPOY!!!

So, so predictable.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

So you are complaining about how odds makers rate this? Yeah, let's get upset before the award happens

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Let him rush the passer and it’s a done deal.

At linebacker he’s just not the same guy. Looks like the player I didn’t want with a premium pick because the lack of impact.

When he’s rushing the QB he’s a generational talent.

I get the whole wanting him to be dynamic thing but the guy is a special pass rusher and a normal just a normal rookie at linebacker.

Fans on here want to point to 1 or 2 pass break ups and create a narrative off that but he’s just a normal linebacker really. Pass rusher is what makes him DPOY.

Some of his most impactful plays have been rushing the passer *as a linebacker*

It allows the staff to disguise where he's coming from better and overload opposing offensive lines better so he gets 1 on 1 opportunities

NeathBlue

Reaction score
If he can get a pick 6 and a 2 or 3 sacks over the next two games, it should be his…
Unless Diggs goes and spoils it with 4 interceptions to break what was considered an unbreakable record.

Reactions: BAT

MarcusRock

Reaction score
If he can get a pick 6 and a 2 or 3 sacks over the next two games, it should be his…
Unless Diggs goes and spoils it with 4 interceptions to break what was considered an unbreakable record.

You all say this as if Watt is just going to stand pat with what he has now. If Watt gets over 20 and is the only player in the league over 20, how do you not give it to him?

Nav22

Reaction score
Playing victim is not a good look but it must not be tiring when you look around these boards. So now Vegas is biased too? SMH. Watt basically saved a game versus the Ravens and leads the league in sacks. Those things tend to stand out.

I'd love for Micah to do what LT did but I want the team to do what they'd naturally do with him and not force it for individual accolades. Same for Diggs. They are too important for the playoff push for us to go rogue chasing individual awards. I liked that they rested starters during the blow out, especially Micah. I think part of why Micah does great with rushing the passer is he doesn't do it every down. No need to wear him down when it's working just fine now.
Vegas has a pulse on how the voting will play out.

Your T.J. Watt hype is cute. I guess team/defensive unit success doesn’t count anymore. It certainly counted in 2008!

The Steelers aren’t **** this year and neither is their D, but WATT HAS THE MOST SACKS, YOU GUYS!!!!

The standards magically changed from 2008 to 2021 but the results look like they’ll stay the same: a Steeler beating out a Cowboy for the award.

DeMarcus Ware had 20 sacks and a Pittsburgh Steeler who played the exact same position and with 4 fewer sacks won the award easily.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He broke up a couple passes. Wow. Yes, LVE was guarding wideouts as a rookie at times.

He doesn’t have near the impact on the game when he’s not running down hill.

I’m not saying he is bad or anything. It’s just not near the same impact.

I think that’s just common sense but something the Pom Pom waivers will gladly argue about.

In the 4 games that Parsons played more snaps at DE than at LB, the Cowboys lost 2 of 4 games...

Nav22

Reaction score
So you are complaining about how odds makers rate this? Yeah, let's get upset before the award happens
They’ll give it to Watt. Watch.

I called this months ago: “They won’t give this award to a Dallas Cowboy unless they absolutely have to.”

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's 100% 'true'. He had far fewer pass rush opportunities in the Giants game than he had in either contest against Washington.

No, it is exactly the point.

As I've said, the usage both times vs Washington was great, as were the results for both him and the defense. Just ask Taylor Heinike.
That seems doubtful considering that he played 89% of the snaps vs NYG but only 55% in the 2nd WFT game.

Zordon

Reaction score
LOLLLL at T.J. Watt being the front-runner.

I knew it.
:laugh:

In 2008, When DeMarcus Ware had 20 sacks and outplayed James Harrison, the excuse for why Harrison easily won DPOY was, “Well, Ware’s team isn’t very good and the Steelers D is also ranked higher than the Cowboys D!”

(Never mind the fact that Drew Brees won OPOY and the Saints had the same 8-8 record we did... the new standard for DPOY is that team success counts!!! But it doesn’t apply to OPOY for some reason!!!)

Earlier this season, someone here created a thread about the DPOY award. I brought up the 2008 season and concluded that they will NOT give the award to a Dallas Cowboy unless they absolutely have to.

Fast forward to 2021... and now T.J. Watt is the favorite... because even though the Steelers are .500 (like 2008 Ware’s team was), and even though the Steelers D is inferior to ours, WATT HAS THE MOST SACKS SO HE’S DPOY!!!

So, so predictable.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
Exactly. I have no trust in the Steelers loving national media.

NeathBlue

Reaction score
You all say this as if Watt is just going to stand pat with what he has now. If Watt gets over 20 and is the only player in the league over 20, how do you not give it to him?

Cowboys defence improving from historically bad, to top 10, also Parsons doing what he’s done as a rookie are a couple of reasons that might swing it his way… either way it’ll be tight.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

I am kinda feeling this way about Diggs and INT's its a long shot but if he gets there how does he not get it for breaking an unbreakble record.