Updated FOX mock draft

BlueStar II

Reaction score
I think we'll do our very best to "try" to find a trading partner with our #28. I have a feeling Jones would prefer to trade #28, and pick up more picks in the second and possibly third round. I will be surprised if we actually make two 1st round picks.

SMCowboy

Reaction score
BlueStar II;2037602 said:
I think we'll do our very best to "try" to find a trading partner with our #28. I have a feeling Jones would prefer to trade #28, and pick up more picks in the second and possibly third round. I will be surprised if we actually make two 1st round picks.

I will be very surprised if we actually pick at either #22 or #28. I have a feeling that Jones will package #22 and #28 to move up in round 1 and try and pick up another 2nd round DP.

alancdc

Reaction score
Hostile;2037608 said:
I wouldn't be if we got him at 61, but at 28, I don't care for it.

Correct. I should have said at 28. I agree.

Doctor32

Hi-Definition Warrior
Reaction score
Hostile;2037608 said:
I wouldn't be if we got him at 61, but at 28, I don't care for it.

Replace the #28 Manningham Pick with Roy Williams trade with Detroit and I'd be one ecstatic fan. Demps can play. Either way I want the Cowboys to take a safety in this draft.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Manningham isn't going to turn AB on anyone but at #28?...Doubtful

slick325

Reaction score
Doctor32;2037703 said:
Replace the #28 Manningham Pick with Roy Williams trade with Detroit and I'd be one ecstatic fan. Demps can play. Either way I want the Cowboys to take a safety in this draft.

I'm with you on that. If Dallas got Jenkins, RW11 (via trade at #28), Chris Johnson in the 2nd I'd do a backflip off the Washington Monument.

I wouldn't mind Dallas looking safety at all although I want them to find a possible replacement for Kosier at LG in this draft.

Doctor32

Hi-Definition Warrior
Reaction score
slick325;2037755 said:
I'm with you on that. If Dallas got Jenkins, RW11 (via trade at #28), Chris Johnson in the 2nd I'd do a backflip off the Washington Monument.

I wouldn't mind Dallas looking safety at all although I want them to find a possible replacement for Kosier at LG in this draft.

I think they like McQuistan at Guard.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;2037653 said:
I would too, i don’t like this guy. Antonio Bryant II

Agree.

Pretty amazing that they have Manningham going before Balmer, Sweed, and Stewart, among others.

sago1

Reaction score
I know Chris Johnson has speed and at one point thought he would be our "Wow" player but he's got more flaws then I'd like. Besides he's doesn't block so he'd see lot less playing time. No way we leave him in on passing plays, cause he couldn't block for Romo -- something MBIII does well & so did Julius Jones. In fact MBIII didn't play much his rookie year because he couldn't block well enough/pick up the blitz.

Reaction score
BlueStar II;2037602 said:

Agreed. He may keep the #22 where it is to try to grab the best WR, then trade down w/the #28 pick for a 2nd & 3rd. The best candidates are Atlanta-(#s 48 & 68), Detroit-(#s 45 & 76), and Minnesota-(#s 47 & 73). I would love any one of these trades. There are still very good players of need in the middle of rd.2, and at the top of rd.3 so that we can get 4 of the top 76 players in the draft, if we work it right. Of those 4, at least 1 CB, 1 WR, 1 RB, and 1 SS or OG/OC, I would be delighted.

Like the one other poster said, I would love a trade for a high pick involving Roy Williams, then getting a Josh Barrett or a Dajuan Morgan. Our secondary would no longer be our Achilles Heal, and we would be strong enough to go all the way this season!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2038331 said:
I don't like that draft...
Except for Manningham, I like it. I don't like the mocks which have us taking Felix Jones at 22.