Updated Mock After RW TRaDE

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Here's the first http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131637
OBV that can't happen because of the trade and such so lets update after the RW trade.

2. B.J. Raji DT BC 6-1 326 big massive DT just what the doctor order for our defense. Tank is casper the friendly ghost out there and we may be able to move Jay Ratliff back to his natural position next year.

3. Andy Levitre OG Oregon State 6-2 318 Interior OLine depth we can push out some of the bottom roster feeders this guy is big and strong will provide great depth for us along the line.

4a. Larry English DE Northern Illionis 6-3 254 I like players that produce. I like seniors that produce even better. He had 10.5 sacks in 07 Greg Ellis is getting up there in age....You can never have to many pass rushers!!!!

4b. Daniel Holtzclaw ILB Eastern Michigan 6-1 245 Production !!!!!!! 125 Total Tackles in 07 has 398 tackles in his career. Has the most tackles of current players in the BCS.....Production !!!!!!!!

5a. Garrett Reynolds OT UNC 6-7 310 No deal for colombo yet Flo is old still plays good. However bringing in someone young never hurts especially if you consider who we already have as back ups....it's clear we need help at the OLine position.

5b. Louis Vasquez OG TT 6-5 335
He size is exactly what we look for in OLine man. Coming from a pass happy team like TT he didn't give up a sack in 07. This guy is massive and provides some more interior OLine depth.

6. Ramses Barden WR. Cal Poly 6-6 224 this guys stats are off the charts and so are his metrics. If he does anything freakish on pro day or at the combine he will have scouts going go go ga ga over him. Although we trade for RW it doesn't hurt to dream that we draft a WR....maybe he can beat out Hurd and Stanback who knows....

7a. Rashard Langford SS Vanderbilt 6-1 212 we have brown watkins and davis backing up RW and Hamlin with the injuries to RW and Watkins we need help. Watkins nor Brown lit it up and Davis was barely noticeable outside of him failing his arms in the arm like a mad man on a 2 point conversion.

7b. Demonte Bolden DT Tennessre 6-5 292 Our DLine has to be the weak point Chris Canty isn't where he should be after the season he had last year. Spear is well Spears and Hatcher has fallen off.

Man there's no sexy picks this will change when we find out what JR's declare and such. If I had my choice Brandon Spikes is high on my list and so is the DT from Duke but it is what it is.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I like getting a big space eater NT. And clearly we need OL. BUT I would be looking for a guy who played both Guard AND Center in college so we can cover two positions with one guy. And clearly we need better guard backups then we have now- center back up is particularly weak as well.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The way Jerry likes to wheel and deal, who knows what picks we will end up with? That is just a very fluid situation that continues thru the weekend.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
burmafrd;2350055 said:
I like getting a big space eater NT. And clearly we need OL. BUT I would be looking for a guy who played both Guard AND Center in college so we can cover two positions with one guy. And clearly we need better guard backups then we have now- center back up is particularly weak as well.

NFL Draft Scout says that Levitre can play center as well as guard, so he'd fit your description...

Sadly, the two centers who'd look best in a Cowboys uni-- Jonathan Luigs from Arkansas and Alex Mack from Cal-- are both likely first rounders, early second round at worst... but if one them falls to the mid second round, you can forget my earlier mock, where I said trade up for DE Tyson Jackson, and grab a center who could eventually replace Gurode, a few years down the line...

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I am of the opinion that if we keep all 12 draft picks, that we need the following

5 OL
3 LB
2 DB
2 DL

We are good at WR, RB, TE, FB, and Bollinger was brought here to be our backup QB for now. Besides, our backup QB wont be leaving Austin until the 2010 draft.