Updated Playoff Picture 12/19

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Starting to trim down. As expected, our odds to win Bye and Super Bowl significantly dropped. Still a 30% chance to win the Division though because of the Philly loss and stay at that #2 seed which probably keeps SF until the NFC Championship round.

Click link for AFC. Buffalo has new life again.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...c-nfc-seed-projections-predictions-super-bowl

nfc_playoffs.jpg

nfc_seeds.jpg

OIF.FpyDNm2resLMdBeBSq7YZA

Rayman70

Reaction score
Epenesa was a guy I liked. A big physical DE. Not the fastest but very strong at the point of attack. Many Dallas fans said he'd be a bust and didnt like him. Looks like they were wrong. The guy is good at football. Lucky for us he's out today. He'd be tough to block. Can we take advantage? This game requires a ton of Tony Pollard runs. We can't win passing today. The weather is a big factor. Ya beat Buffalo by chewing clock and playing keep away from Allen. Bills are in a must win,at home. I don't see us winning today. I see the same sitch in Seattle for Philly. I think we both lose this weekend. Everything remains the same. If we do get the W its all gravy.

I posted THIS^ before the game last Sunday. With this in mind, and the prediction I made coming to pass, we have a fresh slate starting against Miami. A very tall task, and Philly still could drop 1-2 more games. Its anyone's division guys. As we know, ANYTHING can happen in the second season we call the playoffs. Just get into the tourney. Which we have already done. MM deserves alot of luv. Hes had the weight and the pressure of the world put on him since being hired. This aint Green Bay where you can quietly muddle along in a small market. The guy has adapted well. Lets see what we do next week. Philly has shrinkage issues with expectations laid on them. You can see it affecting them. Sirianni is ***. We are lucky to have MM when comparing the 2 head coaches. It aint even close guys. Thanks for posting the playoff scenarios guys. Merry Christmas to you all. God Bless the Cowboys and everyone on the MB.

Last edited:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Epenesa was a guy I liked. A big physical DE. Not the fastest but very strong at the point of attack. Many Dallas fans said he'd be a bust and didnt like him. Looks like they were wrong. The guy is good at football. Lucky for us he's out today. He'd be tough to block. Can we take advantage? This game requires a ton of Tony Pollard runs. We can't win passing today. The weather is a big factor. Ya beat Buffalo by chewing clock and playing keep away from Allen. Bills are in a must win,at home. I don't see us winning today. I see the same sitch in Seattle for Philly. I think we both lose this weekend. Everything remains the same. If we do get the W its all gravy.

I posted THIS^ before the game last Sunday. With this in mind, and the prediction I made coming to pass, we have a fresh slate starting against Miami. A very tall task, and Philly still could drop 1-2 more games. Its anyone's division guys. As we know, ANYTHING can happen in the second season we call the playoffs. Just get into the tourney. Which we have already done. MM deserves alot of luv. Hes had the weight and the pressure of the world put on him since being hired. This aint Green Bay where you can quietly muddle along in a small market. The guy has adapted well. Lets see what we do next week. Philly has shrinkage issues with expectations laid on them. You can see it affecting them. Sirianni is ***. We are lucky to have MM when comparing the 2 head coaches. It aint even close guys. Thanks for posting the playoff scenarios guys. Merry Christmas to you all. God Bless the Cowboys and everyone on the MB.

I agree, it does feel like Philly is on track to lose another one. Here is tie breaker scenario now with Philly and Dallas from an SI article today.

Just need them to lose one more and we win out. We really need that homefield advantage for some games. I don't care what's going on with run defense, we just play better at home.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/heres-how-1st-place-cowboys-can-win-nfc-east-over-eagles

So yes ... as dismal as Sunday in Buffalo was, there is midnight light in Frisco.

Here's how it would come down to tiebreakers if both Dallas and Philly run the table in the final three games ... and then if Philly stumbles just one more time ...

If both teams finish 13-4, they remain tied after the first four tiebreakers: head-to-head record, division record, common-game record and conference record. Then comes the fifth tiebreaker, "strength of (opponents') victory, and though that hasn't been determined yet, that would greatly favor the Eagles.

But if Dallas can overcome its tough rest-of-season schedule to make up a game in the final three weeks - that is, sweep Miami, Detroit and Washington - while Philly loses again? Dallas wins the NFC East.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Teams I am rooting for week 16.

For Dallas
Dallas over Miami of course
NYG over Philly
Ravens over SF

For SOV tie breaker, other reasons
Rams over Saints, Lions over Vikings, Panther over Packers, Seahawks over Titans, Jaguars over TB, Cards over Bears, Raiders over KC

To help Cincinnati
Bengals over Steelers of course
Chargers over Bills, but won't happen, Falcons over Colts, Browns over Texans, NE over Broncos

movaughn88

Reaction score
I think that 30% is a bit understated because these stat machines are based on Philly's whole season. I hope Eagles continue to collapse and would anyone really be surprised if they lose 1 of the 2 to a frisky Giants team that would love to put them in a hole for the playoffs?

Rayman70

Reaction score
if we somehow beat Miami, I think we win out. But then the question will be, will Philly lose another game? The Giants are a better team than they were. No gimme. Cards are better too. Philly seems to be muddling along mired in an identity crisis for multiple reasons. The Buffalo game is over. Time to turn the page and man up. All the elite teams lose games in the same manner. It happens. Its the NFL. Time to see if we can be a gritty road team this week in Miami. We have a reprieve thanks to Philly. Can we seize the moment? The elite teams do. No excuses are left.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think that 30% is a bit understated because these stat machines are based on Philly's whole season. I hope Eagles continue to collapse and would anyone really be surprised if they lose 1 of the 2 to a frisky Giants team that would love to put them in a hole for the playoffs?
I mean at this point you can't assume they can't because they just lost to Drew Lock. And at this point I can't even say Cardinals is a given though they at least have them at home. Their best shot at a loss is either Cardinals or Giants in NY....and I give Cardinals a shot because they do have Kyler Murray and I think Jonathan Gannon might want some revenge on them. He knows them better than anyone.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Honestly I’d rather be the 5 seed than the 2 at this point. Road you still beat TB or Atl. Rams are a 7 seed that can surprise

movaughn88

Reaction score
Honestly I’d rather be the 5 seed than the 2 at this point. Road you still beat TB or Atl. Rams are a 7 seed that can surprise
A lot of years I'd agree with you but we are just so much better at home that I'd much much rather be the 2 seed.

Also you never know, Philly could take out SF at home.....

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Teams I am rooting for week 16.

For Dallas
Dallas over Miami of course
NYG over Philly
Ravens over SF

For SOV tie breaker, other reasons
Rams over Saints, Lions over Vikings, Panther over Packers, Seahawks over Titans, Jaguars over TB, Cards over Bears, Raiders over KC

To help Cincinnati
Bengals over Steelers of course
Chargers over Bills, but won't happen, Falcons over Colts, Browns over Texans, NE over Broncos
You should want Bears over Cards. If Philly beats AZ, you want them with as few wins as possible for the SOV tie breaker. Chargers/Bills would also be big for the SOV.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Let's just say we get the 5 seed I think we can beat the NFC South opponent but also would I be surprised if either Detroit or Philly loses at home? Not really. If just one lose we then don't have to go SF but we would go to Philly or Detroit. If both lose we would have a home game even as the 5 seed. There's also still a chance we can win the division. I think we have a decent shot at the NFC Championship game, but I do not think we can beat SF in SF.

Jayinem

Reaction score
The mentality should be if we can't beat the Rams at home we don't have any business expecting to go far into the playoffs. Of course we want the 2 seed. We've won 14 in a row at home and you're scared of the Rams are you serious? What if by some miracle SF get beat at home and we advance then we get homefield advantage in the NFC Championship game. Very few teams have ever made the Super Bowl by doing it on the road. As far as winning it I can only think of that one year Packers won it with Rodgers and Giants did it twice.

Jayinem

Reaction score
If we beat NFC South team the most likely place we're going is SF. As the 2 seed we could at least make the NFC Championship game to face SF. I would take my chances with Rams at home. I don't really care about just winning a WC game we did that last year and many years I want to at least get to the NFCCG before we stomped by SF.

We got gashed by Cooks but he was the first 100 yard rusher we gave up all year although Hankins being out sucks.

Also are we sure we can beat the Saints in New Orleans if they win the division? Loudest place in the NFL and we suck on the road.