Updated Top 100 available Free Agent list

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I would be posting daily in all caps that we need Justin Simmons (who I'm a huge fan of) but we are actually solid at Safety.

Yannick Ngakoue seems like the type of Edge rental we have been signing the past few years but they may have been Dan Quinn's influence.

I would kick the tires on Poona Ford, especially if Carl Davis and Justin Rogers prove to be JAGs.

Stephen only wants to deal with players who don't have options.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Money is the issue. The FO just barely found the money for its draft class and UDFA. Veteran FA's are not affordable right now. The bills are coming due,
You're drinking the Kool-Aid again.

They can create cap room literally whenever they want.

Also, don't forget that the Jones put themselves in this cap situation, no one else is to blame.

Stephen is getting routinely embarrassed in negotiations by skilled professionals so they are not participating in free agency. There is no other reason besides the Jones' ineptness.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Is this thread designed to anger the fans? The FO is not participating in FA at this moment. Money is the issue. The FO just barely found the money for its draft class and UDFA. Veteran FA's are not affordable right now. The bills are coming due, so the cash flow has stopped flowing to new acquisitions beyond the draftees and UDFAs
Lol yes, the team with the least amount of cash committed to player payroll over the next three years is the one team in all of football that can't afford free agents. You need to stop listening to the Stephen Jones interviews because it's all half truths that come out of his mouth.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score

Also, don't forget that the Jones put themselves in this cap situation, no one else is to blame.

Stephen is getting routinely embarrassed in negotiations by skilled professionals so they are not participating in free agency. There is no other reason besides the Jones' ineptness.
100% this. Assuming a similar uptick in the cap to the last couple years the Cowboys have $800M or so in cap space to play with over the next 5 years. They have plenty of ability to move cap money around if they really want to. The issue is they simply don't want to.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I would be posting daily in all caps that we need Justin Simmons (who I'm a huge fan of) but we are actually solid at Safety.

Yannick Ngakoue seems like the type of Edge rental we have been signing the past few years but they may have been Dan Quinn's influence.

I would kick the tires on Poona Ford, especially if Carl Davis and Justin Rogers prove to be JAGs.

Stephen only wants to deal with players who don't have options.
Simmons has to be wanting too much money because him being out there this long makes no sense.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

It’s a shame even now we can’t be players in free agency this is like the 5th wave of guys.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Dallas only has 1 on the top 100. All of Dallas' other FA's signed. Apparently with Cowboys players, its not just Dallas that "likes our guys".

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Assuming some players still don't get cut I think the Cowboys should explore the trade route to patch the holes at RB and DT.

The existing FA list doesn't move the needle.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Son, that ain't drinking Kool-Aid, it's wisdom knowing creating salary cap room the way you are suggesting is what got the FO in trouble in the first place. It's been abused by Stephen Jones and now this is the price that has to be paid to correct those spending habits. Lesson learned. In the future don't expect Stephen to repeat those mistakes. It's a necessary evil to renegotiate contracts. There is no getting away from it but that well has been dipped into far too much. Moderation is the cure, so expect Stephen to be more responsible with going that route.

ICP

Reaction score
Wow 100 jags (difference makers on the Cowboys) on one list!!