Updated Top 100 available Free Agent list

exciter

Reaction score
The only three on the list you’ve ever heard of.
No! There’s a bunch of players on this list. A bunch that got 2nd contracts vastly over paying them.
Settle signed with Houston March 24th so not sure how accurate this list is!

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Is this thread designed to anger the fans? The FO is not participating in FA at this moment. Money is the issue. The FO just barely found the money for its draft class and UDFA. Veteran FA's are not affordable right now. The bills are coming due, so the cash flow has stopped flowing to new acquisitions beyond the draftees and UDFAs
Truth

Jerry still has to find cap $$$ before week 1.

At least $20 million.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
You're drinking the Kool-Aid again.

They can create cap room literally whenever they want.

Also, don't forget that the Jones put themselves in this cap situation, no one else is to blame.

Stephen is getting routinely embarrassed in negotiations by skilled professionals so they are not participating in free agency. There is no other reason besides the Jones' ineptness.
No.

They can but they won’t.

There’s too much dead cap for 24/25.

It just makes it worse to extend/restructure.

2024 Top 51 cap only has $1.9 million left.

Throw in the 2024 dead cap, $17 million, and you see the problem.

Negative $15 million in the red.

It gets worse in 2025 because of Dak, Martin, DLaw, and Gallup.

Mitch

Reaction score
When can you sign free agents without them taking away compensatory picks, June 1st?

I guess that’s when the second waive will start. Are the designated After-June-1st-cuts (if that’s the date) already in this list, does anybody know?

JeffInDC

Reaction score
No.

They can but they won’t.

There’s too much dead cap for 24/25.

It just makes it worse to extend/restructure.

2024 Top 51 cap only has $1.9 million left.

Throw in the 2024 dead cap, $17 million, and you see the problem.

Negative $15 million in the red.

It gets worse in 2025 because of Dak, Martin, DLaw, and Gallup.
According to Over the Cap, the Cowboys currently have $65M in Cap Space for 2025. The issue is that the Dead Money for Dak is already included in that figure because they pushed back $$$. But, they have $$$ next year. They have the 6th MOST Cap Space and the 7th MOST players signed (59 - although that includes Dak’s Dead $$$ counting him on the roster even when he’s NOT).

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All are progress stoppers at this point. Fans whine they will not sign some one the list. But yet, will whine once one of them are signed.

shabazz

Reaction score
They’ll have another $9.5M on June 1st and could probably add another $5-10M be extending CeeDee and lowering his $17M Cap hit.
Agree,....I was just thinking more of the biggest cap relief with Dak

shabazz

Reaction score
All are progress stoppers at this point. Fans whine they will not sign some one the list. But yet, will whine once one of them are signed.
Lol, .....the ones that now understand the plan for 2024 shouldn't whine one bit .

For example, i was anticipating the zeke signing because it fits into the new plan of getting leaner but not meaner.

But I see this as a new positive step toward a better future

J-man

Reaction score
I'd offer Gilmore a 1 yr deal
Hunter Renfrow could be a nice pick up if the cost is right.
I could see them add another LB, DT or DE
I'd definitely try to sign one of the RB's, Kelley, Cook, Hunt, Ackers, Benjamin; somebody, anybody!

Plankton

Reaction score
Competition… we need RB1
That guy is not available. They ignored that opportunity all offseason. Best that you can do now is get someone to compete with the rest of the dreck at the position on the roster.