Reaction score
Nors;1972064 said:
1) DRC - Amazing athlete
2) Leodig McKelvin
3) Aqib Talib
4) Brandon Flowers
5) Charles Godfrey - vastly underrated

Sleeper - Tyvon Branch - Uconn

Wow, Mike Jenkins doesn't make your top five, but Flowers does? Godfrey for that matter?

I like 1 through three though, although mine is now:

1. McKelvin
2. DRC
3. Mike Jenkins
4. Talib
5. Cason

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;1972086 said:
Wow, Mike Jenkins doesn't make your top five, but Flowers does? Godfrey for that matter?

I like 1 through three though, although mine is now:

1. McKelvin
2. DRC
3. Mike Jenkins
4. Talib
5. Cason

Yeah, Jenkins HAS TO BE in your top 5 IMO!
Maybe he just slipped your mind when writing your list, it's happened to me before!
I have it like this Assuming we're counting Reggie Smith as a safety!

I think some players might be better entering the NFL like Cason or Porter, but guys like Godfrey and King have more long term upside so this list on based on who I'd want Dallas to take in order

1. DRC (love his speed and ball skills and athletic, most upside out of all)
2. McKelvin (love his trio numbers and return ablilities also, lacks ball skills I love in my C.B.'s)
3. Jenkins (like more than Talib cause of speed)
4. Talib (would much rather pay to move up to get top 3, but wouldn't mind him at #22 if need be)
5. Flowers (don't like that much, but for #5 I like)
6. Charles Godfrey (love his trio numbers)
7. Justin King (really love his speed and upside)
8. Terrell Thomas (Really like cause of versatility)
9. Patrick Lee (don't want)
10. Antoine Cason (More suited for tampa 2 Zone or F.S.)
11. Tracy Porter ( I just don't like him that much)
12. Trae Williams (don't like too much)

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
theogt;1972189 said:
1. Cason
2. DRC
3. Mike Jenkins
4. McKelvin
5. Talib

Wow, you think Cason is the best CB in this draft?

Why's that exactly, maybe you'll convince me.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors;1972064 said:
1) DRC - Amazing athlete
2) Leodig McKelvin
3) Aqib Talib
4) Brandon Flowers
5) Charles Godfrey - vastly underrated

Sleeper - Tyvon Branch - Uconn

Godfrey has all the tools, but he is raw. Despite that, he's flown up the boards during the course of the season. He'll probably end up going in 2 somewhere.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
1a. Antoine Cason
1b. DRC
3. Aqib Talib
4. Mike Jenkins
5. Leodis McKelvin

Cason and Cromartie are virtually interchangeable as far as I'm concerned. Jenkins has more upside than Talib but I think he's better right so he gets a slight edge. I'm not too high on McKelvin though, and I'd really put him as the best of the 3rd tier of RBs.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
masomenos85;1972274 said:
1a. Antoine Cason
1b. DRC
3. Aqib Talib
4. Mike Jenkins
5. Leodis McKelvin

Cason and Cromartie are virtually interchangeable as far as I'm concerned. Jenkins has more upside than Talib but I think he's better right so he gets a slight edge. I'm not too high on McKelvin though, and I'd really put him as the best of the 3rd tier of RBs.

WOW, I see everoyne has Cason EXTREMELY HIGH, I have him ranked a LOT LOWER, and reason why he's such a good pro prospect that I'm missing?
His low 40 times that everyone thoght he'd run he ran, so that dropped him some in my book, but he wasn't ranked that high to begin with by me, but certainly Id' rather have a lot of other corners ranked higher based on the fact he's more of a cover zone type tampa 2 defense kind of guy and isnt' a man to man cover guy and now with his slow 40 time it's more of a red flag that he wont' be able to match up the the nfl W.R.'s in man to man and needs to be in a system like a cover 2 that tampa runs or be converted to a safety!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
masomenos85;1972274 said:
1a. Antoine Cason
1b. DRC
3. Aqib Talib
4. Mike Jenkins
5. Leodis McKelvin

Be carefull, CB is the one position lack of speed might really bight you. Cason is borderline there and why may fall draft day and on gameday on Sundays.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Nors;1972356 said:
Be carefull, CB is the one position lack of speed might really bight you. Cason is borderline there and why may fall draft day and on gameday on Sundays.

I'd pick him LATE 2nd round with our 2nd rounder, any earlier I will not be a happy camper, I dont' even want him on the team, but end of round 2 would be good enough value, but if we use a 1st rounder on him I think I might need a new T.V. and remote after I throw my remote at the T.V. set, he's NOT a 1st rounder AT ALL IMO!

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Nors;1972356 said:

Like these guys?

Chris McAllister: 4.53
Dre Bly: 4.51
Anthony Henry: 4.60
Nnamdi Asomugha: 4.45
Asante Samuel: 4.49
Aaron Ross: 4.44

Better tell them you have to run in the low 4.4s to be successful in the NFL. Be careful about overvaluing speed. Cason is much in the mold of guys like McAllister and Samuel and there's no reason his 4.49 shouldn't be able to cut it in the NFL with how athletic, fundamentally sound and intelligent he is. Teams and fans always over value speed because the player has "potential", there's no shame in taking a guy who's already solid and has a lower upside.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;1972352 said:
WOW, I see everoyne has Cason EXTREMELY HIGH, I have him ranked a LOT LOWER, and reason why he's such a good pro prospect that I'm missing?
His low 40 times that everyone thoght he'd run he ran, so that dropped him some in my book, but he wasn't ranked that high to begin with by me, but certainly Id' rather have a lot of other corners ranked higher based on the fact he's more of a cover zone type tampa 2 defense kind of guy and isnt' a man to man cover guy and now with his slow 40 time it's more of a red flag that he wont' be able to match up the the nfl W.R.'s in man to man and needs to be in a system like a cover 2 that tampa runs or be converted to a safety!

Compare Cason to the high profile small school guys who are on everybody's radar.

Opponents QB Rating on Passes Against That Player:
Cason - 23.7
DRC - 53.6
Jenkins - 54.0
McKelvin - 54.9

Yards Per Attempt
Cason - 3.5
DRC - 4.4
Jenkins - 5.1
McKelvin - 5.8

Completion Percentage
Cason - 32%
DRC - 37%
Jenkins - 41%
McKelvin - 49%

Yards Allowed
Cason - 258
DRC - 262
Jenkins - 248
McKelvin - 407

TDs Allowed
McKelvin - 0
Cason - 2
DRC - 3
Jenkins - 3

Percentage of Passes Resulting in INT or Deflection
Cason - 26%
DRC - 21.6%
Jenkins - 20.6%
McKelvin - 15.8%

Cason had more bench reps than any of them, he had the second highest vertical, the second best broad jump and the best 20 yard shuttle. Cason preformed the best against the best competition that any of these 4 guys faced. If McKelvin is giving up completions 55% of the time against while playing at Troy how is a sub 4.4 40 going to help him cover even better WRs in the NFL? He's raw as sushi. I have Cason rated the highest because he was the best CB in the country this past season and he proved his athletic ability at the combine. He's incredibly field smart, has terrific technique, has proven success against top competition, rarely bites on play action, is quick in dissecting plays and has very fluid hips.

Is he the fastest? No. But all the speed in the world doesn't help you without technique. We're in a situation where we need someone who can play right away, whether it be as the #3 CB or, god forbid, starting if there's an injury. Cason is the most ready to do that. How much will his less than stellar 40 hurt him in the NFL? If he goes to Green Bay and constantly is turning and sprinting downfield then it could hurt him, if he's in a system like ours where CBs are often playing off and keeping the WR infront of them then he can excel. There are some pretty good athletes in the Pac-10 and Cason didn't give up a single 100 yard game, he only gave up one over 50 yards.

Oh and that one game over 50 yards against him, he also won Pac 10 Defensive Player of the Week. He had 5 deflections and an INT returned for a TD that game. He also had 7 solo tackles and then he managed to return a punt for a TD as well.

That's the case for Antoine Cason. Or you can write him off because of his 40 time.

*stats courtesy of theogt's hard work

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
JMO

1.) Mike Jenkins
2.) Dominique Rogers Cromartie
3.) Aquib Talib
4.) Tracey Porter
5.) Leodis McKelvin (lack of ball skills......no homo)

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Cason
Mckelvin
DRC
Jenkins
Talib

the order in which tey will go in the draft

Jenkins
Mckelvin
DRC
Talib
Cason

people of the 40 times they posted and they all had solid work outs at the combine. But cason is the man IMO

btcutter

Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;1972352 said:

Why do you have him rate lower? just because he doesn't run a 4.3 40?
From what I read...........he faces top WR every game. He is a leader with great instincts; he has 15 career Ints; he makes the opposing QB and WR pay because if you run a poor route or QB is off with his throw, he's there for the pick. he is disciplined in his coverage (no busted coverage!) and he has good size and been battle tested.

Which part don't you like? I happens to like all these characteristics in my CBs. yes, 4.3 would be great but it's not like he gets beat deep routinely.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
TheCount;1972237 said:
Wow, you think Cason is the best CB in this draft?

Why's that exactly, maybe you'll convince me.
He was the most productive corner in college. He has great quickness, adequate long speed, good instincts, played more man coverage in college than probably any of the other corners.

Basically, he has the least downside of the entire group. He's pretty much a sure thing.