News: Updates: Brett Maher, Cooper Rush Elevated

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Sept. 10 Updates

As expected, the Cowboys elevated kicker Brett Maher and backup quarterback Cooper Rush from the practice squad ahead of Sunday's season opener against the Bucs.

Since 2020, the NFL's practice squad rules allow teams to elevate two players to the roster each game week. This year, a player can be elevated up to three times and return to the practice squad following the game.

Maher is expected to handle place kicks and kickoffs, and Rush will be the No. 2 quarterback behind starter Dak Prescott.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Wow, a kicker and backup QB was added to the roster. What novel concepts. :rolleyes:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If someone told me six months ago that Brett Maher was going to be our opening night kicker, I would have laughed in their face. I still cannot believe this is happening.

Right.
And what is bad, is this the best that was out there?
I am extremely nervous about this.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
If someone told me six months ago that Brett Maher was going to be our opening night kicker, I would have laughed in their face. I still cannot believe this is happening.
The position is weird. Guy will look toast for us then you see like nick folk and Billy cundiff playing ten more years for other teams

Carson

Reaction score
Can’t wait for him to shank an XP and miss a couple of field goals. I’m sure one will be 60+

kskboys

Reaction score
What's really amazing is that Rush looked by far the worst of the 3 backups. I mean, he was terrible.