Updates: Camp ends with no Big Injury Concerns

Carson

Reaction score
ESPN just ran a segment that the Cowboys will be worse because MM is offensive coordinator. I guess the defense got worse this offseason by bringing back Quinn. :facepalm:
Cowboys lose Moore = they are going to suck!!

Eagles lose = Defensive coordinator, Hargreaves, Suh, CGJ, Edwards, White but draft Jalen Carter and Smith. “Greatest team ever! Shoe in for the Super Bowl” No way they regress

Carson

Reaction score
I know it’s ‘that time of year’, but if even half of these glowing reports turn out to be true, this team looks much stronger than the one that lost to San Francisco.
Agreed.

If Cox, Joseph can help get snaps on defense and keep our D fresh that makes them even more dangerous.

I hope Waletzko is ready to go. He is going to start multiple game this year out of necessity. Tolbert should take a massive step forward learning from Cooks.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed.

If Cox, Joseph can help get snaps on defense and keep our D fresh that makes them even more dangerous.

I hope Waletzko is ready to go. He is going to start multiple game this year out of necessity. Tolbert should take a massive step forward learning from Cooks.
I’m trying not to get caught up in all of the positive reports again, to the point where I start thinking ‘Super Bowl’ only to set myself up for more disappointment.

Carson

Reaction score
I’m trying not to get caught up in all of the positive reports again, to the point where I start thinking ‘Super Bowl’ only to set myself up for more disappointment.
It’s that time of year.

Just waiting for the “Neville Gallimore beefed up 10 pounds of muscle and is unblockable report”

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
These mini-camps include -- at their peak -- a form of touch football. Will be the same until Oxnard. It's the same for all NFL teams. Any real contact is prohibited and can be fined by the league.
We used to laugh at Wade Phillips' TC and call it Camp Cupcake....well apparently that's the norm now.. LOL..

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It’s that time of year.

Just waiting for the “Neville Gallimore beefed up 10 pounds of muscle and is unblockable report”
If Gallimore adds another 10 pounds, he's going to be a ball.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/updates-may-2023

MM said no big injury concerns. So does that mean there are a few minor concerns?
There is an update on CeeDee.
Some other info.

So no concerns over Lamb or Schoonmaker?
Lamb held out for precautionary reasons, as the last day was only walk through and light jogging.
Schoonmaker was out of his boot, but working on the sidelines.
Lol, they can't even touch each other.
So there should be no injuries, right?

They did wrap Tyrone in bubble wrap, correct?

Scotman

Reaction score
Just saw that the Panthers' Jaycee Horn will miss all of the OTAs and mini-camps because of an ankle injury. I realize that mini-camps and OTAs are pretty much no-contact events. That much more reason to be thankful to get out of it relatively healthy.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
ESPN just ran a segment that the Cowboys will be worse because MM is offensive coordinator. I guess the defense got worse this offseason by bringing back Quinn. :facepalm:
They are likely correct that the offense will probably be worse. Still above average but they don't have good veteran Yac guys other than CD on a crossing route that good west coast offenses typically have. Daks completions % should go up but his yards per attempt will likely go down and if they aren't getting those yac then the offense will struggle. I hope they have Dak and company play in some pre-season games just to work out sine kinks.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
They are likely correct that the offense will probably be worse. Still above average but they don't have good veteran Yac guys other than CD on a crossing route that good west coast offenses typically have. Daks completions % should go up but his yards per attempt will likely go down and if they aren't getting those yac then the offense will struggle. I hope they have Dak and company play in some pre-season games just to work out sine kinks.
How can the offense be worse? It appears that the offensive line will be better with the return of Steele and development of Tyler Smith. Gallup is now more then a year and a half recovered from the ACL and Cooks is light years better then our second receiver from last season. Plus the removal of Zeke from the offense. I don’t believe Shultz is a big loss. Again ESPN is talking about the whole team. We return the whole defense with a few added additions. This defense has top 3 potential. This team can beat KC, Philadelphia, Cincinnati and San Francisco.