Urban is The Chosen One

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
UM may be the "chosen one" by some fans but he won't be the next HC. Jerry needs a man he can keep under his thumb, that's not UM.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
C’mon, you really buy all the “health issues” talk?
He has a benign tumor in his brain. Now Im not saying its not a convenient excuse. It probably is. But it could also have caused legitimate reasons why he needed to step away

conner01

Reaction score
He has a benign tumor in his brain. Now Im not saying its not a convenient excuse. It probably is. But it could also have caused legitimate reasons why he needed to step away
He sure hasn’t shot down the idea at all

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
When Garrett is fired, I'll take a long shower and smoke a cigarette butt naked with a fan blowing full blast while laying on a block of ice. I'll break off a piece of ice and put it in my scotch glass!! Ahhhhhhh

I’ll be fappin and clappin

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm all in on Urban. He's the best candidate considering this owner.
We are a good opportunity for him to win at the highest level. We overrated the talent. However this is still a team talent wise that should be in the top 10 of the league.

My worry this season may have tainted any of the legitimate talent we have. Loser and quitter mentalities can be hard to shake

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Meyer has never worked with a college president or athletic director that didn’t give him free range to do whatever it took to win. In Dallas? Hmmmm....

Jerry and Stephen dictating who will be on his staff, having final say on draft picks, who gets signed and who doesn’t, and sitting in on every coach’s meeting and holding a blowhard drool fest press conference after each game like no other GM or owner in pro sports? Meyer’s going to be ok with all that? We're all sure about that?

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Cowboys fans repeat after me, Urban Is The Best Choice.

Reason 1: He’s a winner. He’s won at **** programs like Bowling Green and Utah. He’s won at major programs like Florida and Ohio State. Where Urban goes, the wins go.

Reason 2: The dude is a culture fanatic. At Ohio State he told guys like Zeke and Michael Thomas and other 5 star recruits you won’t play a damn down on offense / defense till you prove yourself on special teams. He truly does not care who you are, THE MOST COMMITTED WILL PLAY. That sure doesn’t happen in Dallas.

Reason 3: He knows college football players. That leads me to think his drafts will be excellent. Maybe I’m wrong on the outcome but he definitely knows these guys better than the current NFL HCs.

Reason 4: He gets the most out of his personalities. What do I mean by that? Well he kept a murderer Aaron Hernandez in check. Think about it. Even Bill Belichick couldn’t keep him under wraps. He meshed personalities like Tim Tebow and Aaron Hernandez. And it worked!

Reason 5: He is great with dual threat QBs. He got Tim Tebow and Cardale Jones to win national titles, and Dak is head and shoulders above both

Reason 6: The dude is a football savant. Just YouTube him breaking things down. Every detail matters to him. I’m telling you he’s on a genius level when it comes to football Xs and Os.

Reason 7: He’s coached Zeke, and Zeke will get the guys to buy in. If there’s anyone besides Dak that needs to buy into this hire to get the lockeroom fired up, its Zeke. Urban will take better advantage of him in the pass game too. He runs a spread offense, so it’s going to be your DBs trying to tackle Zeke on run plays. Thoughts and prayers to your DBs.

Reason 8: Urban would be here for a good time not a long time. Kinda like Jerry, he’s getting up there. He’s not going to want to be here for 10 years like Jason was, there will be an absolute sense of urgency

Reason 9,10,11, and 12! HE WANTS TO BE HERE. He point blank said the Cowboys are the dream job for any coach in any sport (he also referenced the Yankees). The guy wants to turn this thing around.

He hasn’t coached in the NFL, and neither did Jimmy Johnson. He’s the best available option. There’s other options I also like, but I’m all in on Urban.

#URBANlegend
Every single NFL coach would sound like a genius if you had them do X’s and O’s talk. Even Garrett. That’s why owners hire commentators in every sport to be a coach because they sound really smart on TV.

Just about every NFL coach has same base level of knowledge of schemes. It’s how much risk/reward are they willing to put into their schemes and how much do they believe their system is more important than the talent they’re provided.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Plus I'll never tire of saying Urban Cowboys.
LOL. It does have a better ring than....
Dq2UZhHXcAAjJma.jpg

:lmao:

817Gill

Reaction score
Cowboys fans repeat after me, Urban Is The Best Choice.

Reason 1: He’s a winner. He’s won at **** programs like Bowling Green and Utah. He’s won at major programs like Florida and Ohio State. Where Urban goes, the wins go.

Reason 2: The dude is a culture fanatic. At Ohio State he told guys like Zeke and Michael Thomas and other 5 star recruits you won’t play a damn down on offense / defense till you prove yourself on special teams. He truly does not care who you are, THE MOST COMMITTED WILL PLAY. That sure doesn’t happen in Dallas.

Reason 3: He knows college football players. That leads me to think his drafts will be excellent. Maybe I’m wrong on the outcome but he definitely knows these guys better than the current NFL HCs.

Reason 4: He gets the most out of his personalities. What do I mean by that? Well he kept a murderer Aaron Hernandez in check. Think about it. Even Bill Belichick couldn’t keep him under wraps. He meshed personalities like Tim Tebow and Aaron Hernandez. And it worked!

Reason 5: He is great with dual threat QBs. He got Tim Tebow and Cardale Jones to win national titles, and Dak is head and shoulders above both

Reason 6: The dude is a football savant. Just YouTube him breaking things down. Every detail matters to him. I’m telling you he’s on a genius level when it comes to football Xs and Os.

Reason 7: He’s coached Zeke, and Zeke will get the guys to buy in. If there’s anyone besides Dak that needs to buy into this hire to get the lockeroom fired up, its Zeke. Urban will take better advantage of him in the pass game too. He runs a spread offense, so it’s going to be your DBs trying to tackle Zeke on run plays. Thoughts and prayers to your DBs.

Reason 8: Urban would be here for a good time not a long time. Kinda like Jerry, he’s getting up there. He’s not going to want to be here for 10 years like Jason was, there will be an absolute sense of urgency

Reason 9,10,11, and 12! HE WANTS TO BE HERE. He point blank said the Cowboys are the dream job for any coach in any sport (he also referenced the Yankees). The guy wants to turn this thing around.

He hasn’t coached in the NFL, and neither did Jimmy Johnson. He’s the best available option. There’s other options I also like, but I’m all in on Urban.

#URBANlegend
Urban!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Did anyone tell him that Urban himself said he would want this job.

Here is a big secret about these coaches... They are all ego maniacs and what better way to scratch your ego maniac itch then go coach for the biggest brand in sports?

Dallas can get any coach they want. The problem is Jerry ultimately wants a guy he can control like a Wade Phillips or Jason Garrett. Someone that owes him for that gig and allows Jerry to keep playing in his playground.

IF Dallas can get Parcells they can get anyone. IF they want Urban Meyer they'll get him. But Jerry will hire some no name or retread that he can manipulate.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
He is getting up there?

He is only a year older than Garrett and Troy Aikman.