Urban Meyer Stepping down/retiring from Ohio State

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
..........and let the stampede of decommits and transfers begin. Congrats Michigan on being the new top dog in the Big 10.

Don't blame Urban. The administration threw him under the bus in fear of the #metoo movement. Now OSU can join the #weusedtobegood movement. :laugh:

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
gonna miss him as a fan of college football.
one HELLUVA coach.
at least 1 undefeated season at EVERY stop.
historicly good.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Jim is outta excuses now...go win the Big X next year.

John813

Reaction score
Scandal?

Ow my heart/brain.

Wonder where he goes in a couple years.

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Urban was a great guy and mentor. Had the pleasure of meeting him once. Even though for only a few minutes. Ryan Day will step in there and do one hell of a job. No, Michigan will still not beat us.

Carson

Reaction score
Urban was a great guy and mentor. Had the pleasure of meeting him once. Even though for only a few minutes. Ryan Day will step in there and do one hell of a job. No, Michigan will still not beat us.

Agreed.

BoysForLife

Reaction score

I tend to think this way as well. Not about urban Meyer being a great guy. I think he is an extraordinarily good football coach but as a man I think he’s kind of a questionable dirt bag. But I don’t care because his job is to win football games and he’s better at anybody in the business other than Saban over the last 15 years at doing that. Urbans record speaks for itself

For the record I am a Michigan alumni and fan. Frankly I think Harbaugh is way overrated and I’m kind of tired of his shtick

I’ve been chuckling over the last day or so listening to all the excitement from the Michigan fans about how this puts us in the driver seat

I keep telling people, the guy who is taking over as head coach is the same offensive coordinator that just hung almost 70 points on our #1 ranked defense

Why in the world would we be super excited about that? I actually hope Harbaugh takes the Packers job, and Michigan goes out and hires A friggin coach who understands how the college game is played in the 21st-century

Tell me if you disagree but if everything was the same in the Michigan versus Ohio State game this year roster wise other than Michigan was coached by urban Meyer and Ohio State was coached by Jim Harbaugh, there is no doubt in my mind that Michigan would’ve creamed the buckeyes

At this point Harbaugh is just a goofy jackass who is living off his reputation from Stanford and SF close to a decade ago. Michigan will not win at an elite level as long as he is the head coach

He beats weaker teams, most of the time. Occasionally beats a rival such as Michigan State about 50% of the time. And just got totally freaking destroyed in the biggest Michigan football game since 2006

Sorry but that’s not worth $9 million per year. I wanted Harbaugh fired after the Michigan State embarrassment of 2017 and nothing I saw this year change my mind about that

Last edited:

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I tend to think this way as well. Not about urban Meyer being a great guy. I think he is an extraordinarily good football coach but as a man I think he’s kind of a questionable dirt bag. But I don’t care because his job is to win football games and he’s better at anybody in the business other than Saban over the last 15 years at doing that. Urbans record speaks for itself

For the record I am a Michigan alumni and fan. Frankly I think Harbaugh is way overrated and I’m kind of tired of his shtick

I’ve been chuckling over the last day or so listening to all the excitement from the Michigan fans about how this puts us in the driver seat

I keep telling people, the guy who is taking over as head coach is the same offensive coordinator that just hung almost 70 points on our #1 ranked defense

Why in the world would we be super excited about that? I actually hope Harbaugh takes the Packers job, and Michigan goes out and hires A friggin coach who understands how the college game is played in the 21st-century

Tell me if you disagree but if everything was the same in the Michigan versus Ohio State game this year roster wise other than Michigan was coached by urban Meyer and Ohio State was coached by Jim Harbaugh, there is no doubt in my mind that Michigan would’ve creamed the buckeyes

At this point Harbaugh is just a goofy jackass who is living off his reputation from Stanford and SF close to a decade ago. Michigan will not win at an elite level as long as he is the head coach

He beats weaker teams, most of the time. Occasionally beats a rival such as Michigan State about 50% of the time. And just got totally freaking destroyed in the biggest Michigan football game since 2006

Sorry but that’s not worth $9 million per year. I wanted Harbaugh fired after the Michigan State embarrassment of 2017 and nothing I saw this year change my mind about that
Yeah man, this was Michigan's year! Would have loved to see that team take on Alabama and shut them up. Can't stand Alabama lol. But with Harbaugh, I agree, you will be just outside the playoff stretch until another coach comes in and properly motivates the Wolverines to victory. You guys got a great squad and I believe they can contend easily, but your a great head coach away. Ohio State has been blessed with wonderful coaches, even if they have questionable decisions left for discussion outside football.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Yeah man, this was Michigan's year! Would have loved to see that team take on Alabama and shut them up. Can't stand Alabama lol. But with Harbaugh, I agree, you will be just outside the playoff stretch until another coach comes in and properly motivates the Wolverines to victory. You guys got a great squad and I believe they can contend easily, but your a great head coach away. Ohio State has been blessed with wonderful coaches, even if they have questionable decisions left for discussion outside football.

Sadly I can’t disagree with any of this

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't know what his medical status is but I'll tell ya, if he is OK physically and if he still wants to Coach, I would not be surprised to see him land up at USC. I think they are just waiting for the end of the season to fire Helton and the hiring of Kingsbury was probably their way of auditioning him for the job but I think the USC job is one of the few jobs that Meyers would be interested in and he would certainly change the dynamic there. He would immediately vault them into contention on the national stage, as they have been in years past.

JMO