Urban Meyer: Were would you rate him amoungst possible Garrett replacements

Where would you rate Urban Meyer as a potential Cowboys coach

• Total voters

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I got a funny feeling that Dabo Swinney will be the next Dallas Cowboys HC. This doesn't make any sense, because why would he leave Clemson when his QB is coming back. It would also take some serious cash to get him out of Clemson. Like i said, just a funny feeling.

As far as Urban Meyer's health, i think he was looking for excuses to get out of his last job.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
As far as Urban Meyer's health, i think he was looking for excuses to get out of his last jobs.

FIFY.

And after he leaves every job, he always says he’s done for good.

I don’t want that uncertainty hanging over this team every offseason.

visionary

Reaction score
Near the bottom. I just don't see his style adapting to the NFL very well. Better recruiter than an X's and O's guy.

the HC does not have to be an Xs and Os guy. He has to :

1. have the will and drive to badly badly want to win and an unwillingness to accept mediocrity

2. he has to have the understanding of how to get there and

3. the organizational freedom to actually implement his plan and see it through

if Urban comes here, he will have #1 and #2 because he has won everywhere and will not accept losing. He will try to change this organization drastically, I have no doubt

im not sure about #3 with the Joneses being here . If he’s not allowed to implement his vision he will not be happy and just bend over, he will leave

how good he can be? Very good

how good he will he? No idea

should we get him? I’d take my spit over Garrett, so, yes

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
the HC does not have to be an Xs and Os guy. He has to :

1. have the will and drive to badly badly want to win and an unwillingness to accept mediocrity

2. he has to have the understanding of how to get there and

3. the organizational freedom to actually implement his plan and see it through

if Urban comes here, he will have #1 and #2 because he has won everywhere and will not accept losing. He will try to change this organization drastically, I have no doubt

im not sure about #3 with the Joneses being here . If he’s not allowed to implement his vision he will not be happy and just bend over, he will leave

how good he can be? Very good

how good he will he? No idea

should we get him? I’d take my spit over Garrett, so, yes

Yeah but Urban Meyer has won everywhere he has gone because he brought in superior talent. Aside from Nick Saban(15-17 in the NFL) he has probably been the best recruiter in college football. Ohio State is thriving right now without Urban. I like Urban, don't get me wrong, but i see a lot of Jason Garrett qualities in him. If you are going to make a move bring in a guru on one side of the ball that you can build your team around. I'd rather have a Lincoln Riley than an Urban Meyer at the NFL level.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
With Urban Meyer speculation starting after his Cowherd appearance, where would you rate him amongst other possibilities
Urban Meyers goes where his people are in place in management/administration. Jerry Jones is not going to give up any control for Urban Meyers.

Linclon Riley is your only shot because of his family from North Texas and Barry Switzer in his ear about how wonderful it is to work for Jerry Jones.

visionary

Reaction score
Yeah but Urban Meyer has won everywhere he has gone because he brought in superior talent. Aside from Nick Saban(15-17 in the NFL) he has probably been the best recruiter in college football. Ohio State is thriving right now without Urban. I like Urban, don't get me wrong, but i see a lot of Jason Garrett qualities in him. If you are going to make a move bring in a guru on one side of the ball that you can build your team around. I'd rather have a Lincoln Riley than an Urban Meyer at the NFL level.

agreed, but I think he understood that was the way to win in college. Does not mean he does not understand what he needs to do to win in the NFL. And, talent is just as important in the NFL

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
agreed, but I think he understood that was the way to win in college. Does not mean he does not understand what he needs to do to win in the NFL. And, talent is just as important in the NFL
Fair point. I have concerns, but that doesn't mean he couldn't adapt to the NFL.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score

Both guys are better Monday - Saturday than Sunday type coaches. Motivators/leaders over schematics. Both stubborn with their gameplan, prioritize execution over scheme, and are slow to make adjustments in game. Both have a history of playing well in the underdog role, but don't always come ready to play against inferior competition. Urbans teams at least at Ohio State were always good for one loss out of nowhere.

Obviously Urban has had more success in terms of titles/championships, but its a different game at the college level. And to be honest I think that Jason Garrett would be an excellent college HC.

cern

Reaction score
he gave an effusive review of the dallas job. but that in no way means dallas would want him. he has serious health concerns. the stress of being an nfl head coach are known. not very likely he'd be considered.

visionary

Reaction score
Both guys are better Monday - Saturday than Sunday type coaches. Motivators/leaders over schematics. Both stubborn with their gameplan, prioritize execution over scheme, and are slow to make adjustments in game. Both have a history of playing well in the underdog role, but don't always come ready to play against inferior competition. Urbans teams at least at Ohio State were always good for one loss out of nowhere.

Obviously Urban has had more success in terms of titles/championships, but its a different game at the college level. And to be honest I think that Jason Garrett would be an excellent college HC.

Garrett’s one talent has been convincing people that he will be excellent at something he has never done

meanwhile, he has consistently failed at everything he has actually done and never been excellent at a single thing he actually did

back up QB
failed as QB coach and hired as OC, because he would be excellent at that
Failed as OC and promoted to HC, because he would be better at that
Failing miserably as HC and now people say he would be great in FO or as GM (or now college HC)

LOL

based on absolutely nothing

this guy is total trash and needs to be gotten as far away from the organization possible

I said 6 years back that we will never win a SB with this moron as our HC and I stand by that

Last edited: