US Gold Medalist Kelly Catlin Found Dead At 23/Suicide

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by daboyzruleperiod, Mar 11, 2019.

1. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

13,953 Messages
    32,510 Likes Received
    So true. Unfortunately, the list of reasons are innumerable.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  2. SlammedZero

SlammedZero Well-Known Member

5,019 Messages
    11,902 Likes Received
    Fantastic post!!

Silver Surfer likes this.
  3. DeathMonkey

DeathMonkey Well-Known Member

3,546 Messages
    5,828 Likes Received
    Not everyone with depression (treated or untreated) attempts suicide. Maybe the numbers haven't gone up, but awareness has. After all, families used to do anything to hide the fact that a person in the family committed suicide, as it was a stigma (like depression has been thought of for so long)

4. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

4,047 Messages
    3,488 Likes Received
    So so many factors are different today than 25 years ago, probably a whole concoction of reasons why. Fortunately I am an individual that has never been depressed or if I have it has been extremely short lived as in maybe a couple of hours if that. I had a wonderful fantastic girl that I dated strong for 3 years, she was 22 and I was 27. Unfortunately she had many “issues”, depression being one of them...Sadly she never got over it as she passed when she was 53. I do not envy anyone that has to live with depression on a regular basis.

DeathMonkey and lukin2006 like this.
  5. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

13,953 Messages
    32,510 Likes Received
    I'm so very sorry for your loss. :(

rags747 likes this.
  6. 408Cowboy

408Cowboy Well-Known Member

2,079 Messages
    2,314 Likes Received
    We have a over medicated society. There are pills for everything these days. Doctors are more than happy to prescribe whatever the pharmaceutical rep is pushing to get that nice bonus. Plenty of people that I know who have taken any kind of antidepressant have nothing positive to say about the experience. They feel emotionless most of the time if they're lucky. If they're not they feel more like dying. So many people on those things without counseling to address the source of their depression because they can't afford it. My best friend overdosed himself on them because he couldn't take it anymore. I had gone to counseling sessions with him whenever he asked me to. And I clearly remember him saying he never thought about suicide until after he started taking those damn things. So they prescribed him a different type. Then another. Then it was too late. Not everyone has a problem pills can fix.

I'm sure there are many more reasons but that's my experience.

7. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

4,047 Messages
    3,488 Likes Received
    Nothing better than hitting the gym on a daily basis, the body is the temple of the mind. Pushing/Pulling metal weights every day is a very worthwhile endeavor and it feels fantastic! Would most definitely help with all of the Fat people in todays society.