USA Today: Felix Jones' punch felt in Cowboys offense

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2318284 said:
I disagree with this....Guys like Slaton Johnson and Forte are way ahead of him for that award.....

that's why Felix has won OROY for the week 2 times now while none of those guys have...:rolleyes:

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
We didn't just get a great player, we got a great person.

Thomas82

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2318284 said:
I disagree with this....Guys like Slaton Johnson and Forte are way ahead of him for that award.....

They also touch the ball more than Felix.

alby

Reaction score
Jackson, Slaton, Forte will all be ahead of Felix in the votings just on the basis of how talented our team is.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Felix has such good vision, every move he makes in the open field; no matter how subtle, is used to set up the guy he sees out the corner of his eye. Watch when he gets outside the tackle, I've seen him shake the CB out his socks several times this year. He just sets people up for bad angles, completely changes direction, and doesn't lose any speed.

All in all, Uncle Felix is a boss.

Thomas82

Reaction score
alby;2320433 said:
Jackson, Slaton, Forte will all be ahead of Felix in the votings just on the basis of how talented our team is.

Felix will have the better career out of all of them.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Thomas82;2320802 said:
Felix will have the better career out of all of them.

A little too early to say that. Johnson and Forte are going to be feature backs for years I think.

Reaction score
Steve Slaton is balling down in Houston, I would agree. There are a lot of solid rookie running backs this year. I believe Dallas was very fortunate to land Felix Jones at 22 (I think). Despite various opinion, I believe he can carry the ball 20 times a game.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's not to like about this kid?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sarge;2321368 said:
What's not to like about this kid?
Well, he lacks the ability to pull off big plays or so I was told immediately following the draft.

Or it could be that his name isn't Rashard Mendenhall..? I get those two confused sometimes.