News: USAToday: Jerry - “Odell’s going to join us,”

Gooch

E-Dog
Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas – Odell Beckham, Jr. is apparently on the verge of joining the Dallas Cowboys for the upcoming NFL playoffs, according to the man who signs the checks.

“Odell’s going to join us,” Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told USA TODAY Sports on Thursday. “There’s a good chance he will, with the complete goal of getting ready for a playoff game or two, and then I’ll look to the future. But most of it being about now.”

Jones didn’t reveal financial details, but said he expects that the star wide receiver – coming off ACL surgery after being injured in Super Bowl 56 for the Los Angeles Rams -- will be signed to a contract for the rest of this season.

Link

dcstar

Reaction score
Messers Jones must have found a way to write off large sums of money off taxes by overpaying a retread who may or may not play this year and who may or may not even want to play but trying to see if anyone is stupid enough to give him $20 million. Mr Beckham found his mark.

Go Cowboys!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FRISCO, Texas – Odell Beckham, Jr. is apparently on the verge of joining the Dallas Cowboys for the upcoming NFL playoffs, according to the man who signs the checks.

“Odell’s going to join us,” Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told USA TODAY Sports on Thursday. “There’s a good chance he will, with the complete goal of getting ready for a playoff game or two, and then I’ll look to the future. But most of it being about now.”

Jones didn’t reveal financial details, but said he expects that the star wide receiver – coming off ACL surgery after being injured in Super Bowl 56 for the Los Angeles Rams -- will be signed to a contract for the rest of this season.

Link

I have to think that this will be a puffed up multi year contract that looks bigger than it is. And it will ultimately be a try before you buy deal with an option to pick up or not immediately after the season.