News: USAToday:Troy Aikman on Cowboys' Mike McCarthy: 'I don't think they could have hired a better coach'

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Boy, Aikman had some high praise for my man Dak Prescott! That is liable to cause some of our forums members blood pressure to rise for sure. :p:muttley::p

What will really get interesting is to see what the reaction is from all of the fans who don't like Aikman and don't believe he is a Cowboy fan any longer. Wasn't all that long ago this board was bashing him for his opinions.

shabazz

Reaction score
I care what Aikman says considering he is one of the better QB's to play the game.

I don’t trust any broadcaster when they comment on Dakota. From Booger McFarland overhyping every play Dak makes to Collingsworth straight up lying about Dak buying his mom a house, 6 years after she’s been deceased. Aikman and certain others feel obligated to heap undo praise on Rayne.

I can only speculate as to why.

Plankton

Reaction score
He's not fat. He's husky... lol

giphy.gif

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don’t trust any broadcaster when they comment on Dakota. From Booger McFarland overhyping every play Dak makes to Collingsworth straight up lying about Dak buying his mom a house, 6 years after she’s been deceased. Aikman and certain others feel obligated to heap undo praise on Rayne.

I can only speculate as to why.
Aikman has criticized Dak in the past but this year has praised him because of the improvements he has made.

Plankton

Reaction score
Scary giant creatures putting fear into the hearts of city people everywhere.
King Kong, Godzilla... and the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

And now, your head coach of the Dallas Cowboys.

RoboQB

Reaction score
He and Andy Reid should Sumo sometime ;)

Big Mike and Mikey(trademarked and copyrighted here...lol)

Big Mike would totally dominate Reid in the Sumo competition.
Andy's SAWFT.However Reid would wipe the floor with Mikey in the
Punt, Pass and Kick competition.

We need a cereal commercial with Coach and Zeke right now.
End with Zeke looking into the camera and says "Mikey, he likes it."

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Aikman started to really put the heat on jason garrett this past year ., but he started praising him as well .

Lets see how aikman turns on mm . when and/or if he does one day ...

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Didn't Aikman just get done saying it didn't matter who they hired as coach because that won't change the structure at the top? WTH?
Didn't he just say last year you either have accuracy or you don't?

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Aikman started to really put the heat on jason garrett this past year ., but he started praising him as well .

Lets see how aikman turns on mm . when and/or if he does one day ...

Most turned on Garrett. I think Troy gives his honest some times brutal views. I may not agree with everything he has said but I respect his views. His job was never to be the voice of the Cowboys and if he has been hard on them I think there is good reasons why. Honestly Troy is a cupcake compared to many at this site when giving their views on coaches and players

jnday

Reaction score
He might be right. Offhand, I can't think of a fatter candidate.
Actually, I am not excited by the hire at all. MM never came across as a high energy, motivator while he was on the GB sidelines. I think his size limited his energy output.