User Mock 4/4/13....

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
Yep. Thanks Risen. I really enjoyed it. I hope we can do one of these again soon.

Tejano15

Reaction score
I to want to thank Risen, it felt good to come on the board and just talk football. I loved it, maybe we can do another one closer to the draft...

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt;5041284 said:
Did not get to say it earlier so I will now. Thanks to Risen for doing this today. Made a slow work day go by and was the most fun I have had on the forum for some time. Thanks again. You did a great job.

Yeah, thanks to everyone who participated. They are always fun.

Tejano15

Reaction score
One thing I learned from this draft was that safety is not as deep as I thought and there are a lot of safety needy teams. I think if we do not really feel comfortable at the safety position then we will have to grab one in the 1st or 2nd. If Warmack or Cooper are there at 18 then it pretty much means that it has to be done in the 2nd. To me worthy staters from Day 1 (if Johnson is not being counted on) Vaccaro, Reid, Wilcox, Thomas (Fresno) and Swearinger, or Cyprien. The other safeties will be competition players that could potentially win the job but could be just special teamers.

Defensive line, Running Back, Receiver are deep. OL to me seems to be this year flavor of the draft. First round may generate up to 5 to 6 tackles and 2 guards, so OL will not be as deep only until the 4th round. IMO

With that said, I can see us going. (BPA at their respective positions)

1st. OL/S
2nd. S/OL
3rd DT/RB/WR
4th RB/WR/DT
5th WR/DT/RB
6th TE/OL

That is just my opinion after going through the mock today, and to be honest this is my first year to ever participate. I always done them on my own but never felt as I knew enough to join.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboysooner;5040644 said:
I think they would take Pugh from Syracuse.

Just curious, have you watched much game footage of Pugh?

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;5041284 said:
Did not get to say it earlier so I will now. Thanks to Risen for doing this today. Made a slow work day go by and was the most fun I have had on the forum for some time. Thanks again. You did a great job.

Perfectly said. A terrific job. I now know a lot more than I did before this started. It was a lot of fun and you made it that way. Apaprently you weren't happy with us in round three :laugh2: as we quibbled about the Cowboy's pick, but we had it coming.

cowboysooner

Reaction score
xwalker;5041714 said:
Just curious, have you watched much game footage of Pugh?

I watched the wva game and some senior bowl stuff. I'll admit I've watched a lot more of some other players.

He seems to be a guy that offensive line coaches (technique ) like more than scouts (size speed power length). From what I've seen he might be a bit like Konz.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboysooner;5042343 said:
I watched the wva game and some senior bowl stuff. I'll admit I've watched a lot more of some other players.

He seems to be a guy that offensive line coaches (technique ) like more than scouts (size speed power length). From what I've seen he might be a bit like Konz.

I don't see any similarity to Konz who had much better anchor strength.

Cornelius Washington (6-4, 265) was powering through Pugh in the Senior Bowl driving him straight back into the QB. If Cory Proctor ever blocked Vince Wilfork, it would look similar to Pugh blocking Washington.

If Washington at 265 lbs can jack him up, I can only imagine what NFL defensive tackles would do to him at Guard.

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
xwalker;5042479 said:
I don't see any similarity to Konz who had much better anchor strength.

Cornelius Washington (6-4, 265) was powering through Pugh in the Senior Bowl driving him straight back into the QB. If Cory Proctor ever blocked Vince Wilfork, it would look similar to Pugh blocking Washington.

If Washington at 265 lbs can jack him up, I can only imagine what NFL defensive tackles would do to him at Guard.

Just curious because I don't know. Was this during the game or during 1 on 1 drills?